bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Mechanicus

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Dec 10, 10 9:24 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Mechanicus? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

togood2be
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mechanicus

[Post New]by togood2be on Dec 11, 10 4:02 AM
I thought this was going to be a cute little game to pass the time, but it is a bit more difficult than I thought lol
I am not paying much attention to the story line, save the world ha been there done that. Good for a bit of a brain twister. No timer and replay level as often as you need to.

[Post New]by smoltat on Dec 12, 10 6:15 AM
Very interesting game.
Played all trial time and then bought the game.

First levels were very easy. But after 20-th or so it became much more hard to pass them. Now stoped at 43

How many levels are there in the game?

LoveMyBichons
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by LoveMyBichons on Dec 13, 10 12:52 PM
Someone posted elsewhere that there where 80 levels. and I believe an additional 20 as a bonus, (snort!) just doing #21 is worth a bonus!!!

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Dec 14, 10 5:39 AM
Nope, the game isn`t for me. But I am sure, many fishies will like this game

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Dec 14, 10 9:57 AM
I'm enjoying this one in small doses. I get frustrated trying to position the items exactly right. A more enjoyable game would have a button similar to the reset one (which puts all the items back in inventory) that leaves the items on the board where you put them to start, so that you could adjust just a wee bit. My visual memory just isn't good enough sometimes, particularly when I'm trying to get that dang laser to hit the mirror at the right angle that it will do whatever.

Please let me know if you spot such an option and I've just overlooked it.

edit: AHA! Found it!!! If you click STOP and then the button that looks like a pause button, then you can get the puzzle to let you adjust the pieces. Not sure if I need to click pause several times or if it just sometimes takes a few seconds for the pause to start, but I'm making much better progress now.

edit 2: If you click STOP the action rewinds. That's why it was taking several seconds sometimes. No need to click the pause at all, just the STOP button, then wait.

Edited on 12/14/2010 at 7:36:07 PM PST

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Dec 29, 10 1:20 PM
The graphics are fair. The gameplay is stragetic and sometimes complex. Also I found the moveable objects didn't respond very quickly. The storyline is standard save the earth, with little creativity.

This games is a B-.

[Post New]by sandello on Mar 20, 11 3:01 PM
The story line is simple and tutorial isn't very good.
But first levels are rather simple and it helps to understand how to play the game.
Not sure to buy it or not.

Meritre
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by Meritre on Jun 21, 11 4:42 PM
This is the type of game that I usually love, and want to love. But I'm only so-so about it. One thing is that if you take time off and want to try it again, you are probably best starting again from the beginning to remind yourself of how to do things. I may give it another chance in the future, but for now, I wouldn't spend my money on it. Not really much of a story, the music gets annoying, and lack of clear instructions outside of the tutorial.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Your Comments and Reviews for Mechanicus

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Nov 2, 13 4:57 PM
The tutorial and the hint on the first task leave me shouting at the screen: WHAT platform do I click? HOW do I move it?

My cursor isn't stuck--it moves around just fine. But it has zero effect on any component displayed.

And the Hint shows an extra platform that presumably comes from somewhere, but I don't know where.

A "Show Solution" button might solve my problem. As it is, absolutely not a buy for me.

Edited on 04/11/2014 at 12:21:39 PM PST

Go to: