tcmgirl
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Completely Stumped By Cannons!

[Post New]by tcmgirl on Dec 10, 10 4:47 PM
Have gone over instructions 10 times! Missing something simple, I hope!
Can not even raise 1 cannon. Please Help! Walk thru does not seems to help.is it possible that I am missing map pieces?

Re:Completely Stumped By Cannons!

[Post New]by rvgypsy on Dec 10, 10 4:50 PM
I feel your pain! I have been over it and over it so many times, I too can not get the right code to work. Hopefully someone will come to our rescue!

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Dec 10, 10 5:00 PM
Hey there Fishies,

It may help to use the Advanced Forum Search under the Search All Forums. From here, you can search through the Game Forum by choosing a specific game and typing a keyword like "cannon" and all of the posts with “cannon” will come up!

Hope this helps!

-bfgArnoStyx

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 10, 10 6:16 PM
I'd search "cannon and map" or "cannons in swamp" because there are also posts about another cannon. This might help weed those out.

[Post New]by Alpha0729 on Dec 10, 10 8:44 PM
This took me almost forever to figure out, but you need to use the map and the paper bits you find in the mansion to get the cannon code's. It's a bit awkward to explain without pictures, but I'll try my best.

First, you need to receive ALL the square scraps of paper for the treasure map (by completing the three puzzles behind the picture, the clock, and the piano) and the map you received at the beginning. If you don't have them all, you can backtrack to the mansion and solve all the puzzles to receive them.

Now, onto raising the cannons. Along the top, left, and right margins of the map are the 3 symbols on the cannons. Between each pair of symbols are the pictures you received from solving the puzzles in the mansion. Each picture corresponds to an area on the main map. For example, let's say a square in the top margin is the top of the compass. On the main map, if you look at the top of the compass, it'll have a tiny Roman numeral code against it, let's say 'XXXIIV'. You'll notice all the cannons have X, I, and V buttons. You must hit those keys in order of the numeral code you found (in this case, you hit X, X, X, I, I, then V) and the code will lock in. Keep this up for each picture and the cannon will rise.

You MUST follow the picture clues from left to right for the top margin and top to bottom for the sides and put the numerals in the order they appear in. If you do not, you must restart from the first again.

It's awkward to explain without pictures, but I hope this helps.

Edited on 12/14/2010 at 9:16:32 AM PST

[Post New]by susieqapple on Dec 10, 10 8:49 PM
Awesome explanation, Alpha!

scubiepro
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by scubiepro on Dec 12, 10 9:10 AM
Felt the same and almost gave up. I just did it the old fashioned way of trial and error. I would work one series of numbers til the buttons depressed. Here is what I got hope it helps for someone.
1st cannon XXVII-XXII-XVI-XXXIV-XXXVI-XI
swamp shack cannon- XIII-XXXVII-XIV-XVII-XXVIII-XXXI
swamp cannon- XV-III-VIII-X-XXXIII-XXX

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Dec 12, 10 9:17 AM
It won't help. Cannon solutions are random and change from game to game.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 12, 10 9:18 AM
scubiepro wrote:Felt the same and almost gave up. I just did it the old fashioned way of trial and error. I would work one series of numbers til the buttons depressed. Here is what I got hope it helps for someone.
1st cannon XXVII-XXII-XVI-XXXIV-XXXVI-XI
swamp shack cannon- XIII-XXXVII-XIV-XVII-XXVIII-XXXI
swamp cannon- XV-III-VIII-X-XXXIII-XXX

Again, this is worthless. This is a randomly generated series of numbers. It is different from game to game and player to player. What worked for you will NOT work for anyone else.

Go to: