Please tell me I'm not going to have to start from scratch!

[Post New]by tempehwingz on Nov 28, 08 12:47 PM
I was looking around in front of the schoolhouse. Suddenly the screen went black. I exited the game and opened it again. The title screen is normal but when I resume my game it's still black. Has anyone else encountered a glitch like this?

BTW I have the official release, not the early version.

Please tell me I'm not going to have to start from scratch!

[Post New]by Lady_Bugg on Nov 28, 08 6:36 PM
tempehwingz wrote:I was looking around in front of the schoolhouse. Suddenly the screen went black. I exited the game and opened it again. The title screen is normal but when I resume my game it's still black. Has anyone else encountered a glitch like this?

BTW I have the official release, not the early version.

I've had the same problem at the same spot in the game. Have uninstalled and reinstalled several times. After reinstall, the game starts back up in the exact same spot with the black screen. The only thing that shows is the cursor.

Re:Please tell me I'm not going to have to start from scratch!

[Post New]by tempehwingz on Nov 29, 08 2:41 PM
I've had it with this game!!! I started over with a different player name. All was going well, until I finished the phone connection puzzle - suddenly the game froze and a window popped up saying "access violation". The game closed itself. I opened it again, clicked start, and I'm back where I left off last night!! (at the puzzle to get in the middle door to the underground areas).

I will try uninstalling and reinstalling, but based on others' posts I don't really expect it to solve my problems. It's a shame this game is so glitchy because it's a really great game and I was enjoying it. However, playing half the game over and over only to encounter a glitch and be sent back to the beginning again (or close to it) is not enjoyable.

juliamadeane
Flounder
Flounder
2,137 Posts

[Post New]by juliamadeane on Nov 29, 08 2:49 PM
Have all of you contacted tech support? They need to know this stuff and they are great helping solve these kinds of issues.

HolliAnne77
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by HolliAnne77 on Nov 29, 08 3:15 PM
juliamadeane wrote:Have all of you contacted tech support? They need to know this stuff and they are great helping solve these kinds of issues.

My first post to tech support was Wednesday morning. I have heard nothing as they are apparently off on holiday until Monday

juliamadeane
Flounder
Flounder
2,137 Posts

[Post New]by juliamadeane on Nov 29, 08 3:19 PM
HolliAnne77 wrote:
juliamadeane wrote:Have all of you contacted tech support? They need to know this stuff and they are great helping solve these kinds of issues.

My first post to tech support was Wednesday morning. I have heard nothing as they are apparently off on holiday until Monday

Aegean is on here somewhere right now and posted a link directly to tech support about this issue. Check the threads and use that link.

[Post New]by tempehwingz on Nov 29, 08 3:36 PM
I'm reading through the tech support FAQs...it seems the access violation was the fault of my video card, not the game. (Apologies. ) I'll see if updating my video card resolves all my issues, if not, I'll contact tech support directly.

HolliAnne77
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by HolliAnne77 on Nov 29, 08 3:45 PM
juliamadeane wrote:
HolliAnne77 wrote:

Aegean is on here somewhere right now and posted a link directly to tech support about this issue. Check the threads and use that link.

the link sinply goes to where you contact support. I have done that and also followed all the suggestions in the forum and the faq section.

Go to: