bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Sherlock Holmes and the Hound of the Baskervilles technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Dec 11, 10 12:59 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

Re:Post any Sherlock Holmes and the Hound of the Baskervilles technical issues here only

[Post New]by cesse47 on Dec 11, 10 6:12 AM
Played the demo for the full hour until the game automatically closed. Purchased the game and completed the installation. I had completed the game to the point where I had restored the second portrait (the woman behind the boarded up door). However, after purchasing the game and running the install, my game progress was lost. My game began at the point where the first painting was restored.

I'm reporting here in case others experience the same issue.

Re:Post any Sherlock Holmes and the Hound of the Baskervilles technical issues here only

[Post New]by dragonfairy5 on Dec 11, 10 6:21 AM
I know the reason I did not purchase this game before!

Same thing happened with the CE, downloads fine and installs BUT cannot get past the first image of the black tiger and the sign in page.

Nice to see that they did not fix or address this issue at all the first time!

DaMum
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

Materialization jewel!

[Post New]by DaMum on Dec 11, 10 6:52 AM
Hi,

I'm stuck. Chapter 5. Unable to use te materialization jewel on the portrait to get the key. Help please!

spieleboy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by spieleboy on Dec 11, 10 7:09 AM
I played about 20 minutes when I turned the custom curser off. Now I am stuck and I am not able to move the curser any more. This happend with the CE also. I am very disappointed that BF did not fix this problem. Sorry, no buy. Hope you other fishies enyou playing, it seems to be a great game.

Joyfullady
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,498 Posts

[Post New]by Joyfullady on Dec 11, 10 3:00 PM
cesse47 wrote:Played the demo for the full hour until the game automatically closed. Purchased the game and completed the installation. I had completed the game to the point where I had restored the second portrait (the woman behind the boarded up door). However, after purchasing the game and running the install, my game progress was lost. My game began at the point where the first painting was restored.

I'm reporting here in case others experience the same issue.

Ditto - I was in the middle of restoring the clock when time ran out, purchased game and it went back to the first portrait. Sigh!

carolinacat
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by carolinacat on Dec 11, 10 3:11 PM
I waited for the SE game and can't play it because I chose not to have the custom cursor and can't move anything at all. There's no cursor doing anything. I had to use CTL/ALT/DEL to end the game story using the Task Manager. The story just kept running and no cursor to use to stop anything.

Sorry but it's made me not want to consider buying this one.

smartsue
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by smartsue on Dec 11, 10 3:43 PM
I hate games with custom cursors. Usually they don't work and if I can, I use a regular cursor which takes away from the game. But with this game I had to change from the custom cursor and the regular cursor stuck. Couldn't get past the sign in page. Had to use CTRL/ESC to get out. No thanks.

xssa
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by xssa on Dec 11, 10 6:55 PM
i had one problem- the tetrahex puzzle. i picked up a piece and couldn't put it down, or click the reset or skip buttons. had to back out and start over.
if you get booted form teh game due to free trial, the game starts where it was saved. it's saved automatically if you click on menu, otherwise, it's start over time. thankfully, i had clicked menu for something and only had to replay a few minutes. did not try the custom cursor.
but thing where yhou pick up a piece and it gets stuck, and you can't set it down, or use the cursor becuase it's hanging onto a piece, that drives me nuts.

[Post New]by HellCat32 on Dec 12, 10 12:43 AM
Having same issue in chapter 5 ...got not materlize the picture to get the key

joannickle
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
45,038 Posts

[Post New]by joannickle on Dec 12, 10 12:53 AM
Have just started the game and am hoping not to have trouble with it. Hope you all get your issues fixed.

trishac
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by trishac on Dec 12, 10 2:09 AM
I was really looking forward to this game as it is one of my favourite stories. When I downloaded it I did not get any writing just white blocks. When it finished the intro and got to the game proper I had just a black screen with white blocks along the bottom. I had no idea what was happening. Even the voices talking kept disappearing. I came out and checked the info on the game. My computer is only a few months old and the stats showed it to be well within its capability. Any suggestions or do I give up and uninstal?

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Dec 12, 10 2:28 AM
That seems like an issue with your graphics card or chipset. You'll need Customer Support for that. Click on the green envelope, then the Contact Us hyperlink, then select Technical Issues from the drop-down list.

lanzakaren
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by lanzakaren on Dec 12, 10 6:32 AM
im on the cleaning of the painting and it cleans most of the painting but the sponge wont go away so i can spot the 7 differences. I have to abandon the game go back and just skip the puzzle.

[Post New]by dragracerz on Dec 12, 10 3:06 PM
Is anyone else having problems with this game dragging. I bought this game and the curser is jumping all over the place. It's just so slow when trying to pin point the slow curser. Don't know how I can fix this problem. Just getting aggravated and want to quit.

ciscaR8
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by ciscaR8 on Dec 13, 10 6:43 AM
lanzakaren wrote:im on the cleaning of the painting and it cleans most of the painting but the sponge wont go away so i can spot the 7 differences. I have to abandon the game go back and just skip the puzzle.

i had the same but i couldnt get rid of the sponge couldnt us the skip button either, so i had to us alt ctrl del to exit game, now i lost an hour of playing and had to start fom there
what a rip of after buying the game

[Post New]by terrysgirl on Dec 13, 10 9:44 AM
problem in Elisabeth's room, when I go to the past there is suppose to be a paint pallet, but it is not there, please help can't go any further!

No sound

[Post New]by DocScully on Dec 13, 10 11:03 AM
The game doesn't have any sound at all for me. My sound card is working fine. All the sound options are set to max. Do I have to update anything or is it just a bug?

I was about to buy the game without trying it first - now I'm really glad I didn't!!!

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Dec 13, 10 11:19 AM
Another new game full of Glitches?

As Bella mentioned-BF is going to have to start letting Beta -testers play the ENTIRE game instead of just one hour of play,to catch these issues BEFORE offering them for purchase!

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Dec 13, 10 4:06 PM
Hi everyone,

For those of you having issues getting the key to materialize in the painting or with getting the painter's palette to go into your inventory, please try uninstalling and reinstalling the game. These issues are related to the BETA version (that may have been spread to unauthorized/pirate game sites), and the current Big Fish Games version shouldn't be having these issues.

To get around these issues, please make sure that you have the latest version from Big Fish Games by uninstalling and reinstalling the game directly from the game page here or from your Purchase History.

Here is a great help article to help you with this:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

*IMPORTANT*
You’ll also need to restart the game from the beginning with a new player profile in order to ensure that the latest version takes effect.

If you are still having issues, or if you're experiencing something different, please contact Customer Support. Customer Support can be reached by clicking on the green envelope on the right-hand side of this page and then on the “Contact Us” section on the bottom left of the next page. Once you’ve entered your question and clicked to “Check for Answers,” you’ll be led to our Help pages. If these haven’t helped, your question can be submitted from here.

If you’re a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to one of our Live Chat representatives from 9:30am-4:30pm PST Monday-Friday. To get started, just visit your “My Game Club” page.

Hope this helps!

-bfgDonau

Edited on 12/13/2010 at 4:11:11 PM PST

Go to: