LostForever
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

Warning About The Poor Dog On The Table

[Post New]by LostForever on Dec 11, 10 1:42 PM

I wish someone had warned me about the poor dog (dogs do not have a voice)layed out on the table like that, I know that happened back then, but why was it put in the story like this?

I just watched my little dog die from a lengthy illness last week and now can't seem to be able to play the rest of the game!

Jinnare
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

Re:Warning About The Poor Dog On The Table

[Post New]by Jinnare on Dec 11, 10 1:49 PM
I'm sorry for your pain, LostForever. I know what it's like to lose a cherished furry family member, and my heart is breaking for you. Sending hugs your way with the hope they will be of a little comfort.

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Dec 11, 10 2:04 PM
I feel your pain and understand why that bothered you so. Bless your heart - unless you've been through what you just went through - no one can really understand. My 2 lb. 15-yr old yorkie passed 2 years ago and I still have bad days. Our fur-babies are our best friends in the whole world aren't they? God bless you and prayers for you.

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Dec 11, 10 3:22 PM
How is the dog laid out on the table?? Dead? Being vivisected? omg.....

stevieferr
Clownfish
Clownfish
770 Posts

[Post New]by stevieferr on Dec 11, 10 4:13 PM
our dogs nearly 13 and blind and i started the game today just as he seems really bad and done nothing but sleep,similar thing was at end of the Salem game where the young girls aboutto be hanged and i couldnt get it to skip the scene,some things just arent needed in a pc game

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Dec 11, 10 4:42 PM
Hey there Lost,

So sorry to hear...My dogs mean the world to me and I still miss those who've moved on to a better place. Sending good thoughts your way.

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Dec 11, 10 6:13 PM
will someone answer me. Is the dog in the game dead? Is it being experimented on? What's the deal with that? I don't like animal experimentation/abuse and don't really want to see it in the game...even if it is "just a game".

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Dec 11, 10 6:25 PM
krissywillow,
I would like to know also. Since this is a thread about the SE, maybe someone pointed it out in the thread for the CE and there was an answer.

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Dec 11, 10 6:39 PM
good idea abarrett. I'll look around there..

jingo22
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by jingo22 on Dec 11, 10 6:45 PM
Okay...i can imagine to most people this would be distressing and if you don't like images that represent dead animals or have recently lost a loved pet then simply don't play this game.
However, you can see a screen shot of it in the walkthrough. I must admit it did surprise me somewhat but its not graphic, merely an animal (intact) on a table. There really wasn't any need for it to be added to the game as far as i can see. Its supposed to represent a failed experiment by one of the characters in a 'past scene' but i repeat it's not gory.

xssa
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by xssa on Dec 11, 10 6:50 PM
the dog is on a table, and they talk about' the poor beast,' 'must have done experiments', not specified. later, you inject it with something, it lights up along the sticthes that are everywhere and it disappears, leaving a clue.
presumably, the dog is dead.
still, it's strapped to the table, and i don't recall it moving. but it is depressing, if you love dogs. that's the only spot, though. the rest of the game is pretty good.

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Dec 11, 10 6:53 PM
thanks you guys for giving more details. At least now I know what to expect. I was envisioning an alive, awake and conscious dog spread eagled strapped to a table being experimented on. ....ummm...that I could not take.

Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

[Post New]by Cherubabies on Dec 11, 10 8:20 PM
Why are you sad? Your doggy is in Doggy Heaven (because everything that lives and breaths has a Soul - says so in Genesis) so be happy because he is with GOD now.

remmah17
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by remmah17 on Dec 11, 10 8:46 PM
Jinnare wrote:I'm sorry for your pain, LostForever. I know what it's like to lose a cherished furry family member, and my heart is breaking for you. Sending hugs your way with the hope they will be of a little comfort.

Ditto sending you and yours strength as well!! Its like loosing part of your body!!

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Dec 11, 10 11:54 PM
Everybody knows that all dogs go to Heaven.....and I believe that.
I read a quote once about dogs that put a lump in my throat and I'd like to share it with you. "Your dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than it loves itself"..............If you're being attacked by a grizzly bear, your Chihuahua will stand right there with you and fight till it's death.........can't ask for more than that........of course they go to Heaven.
Dr.good
p.s. I agree, that scene was gross and should not have been in the game

joannickle
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
45,038 Posts

[Post New]by joannickle on Dec 12, 10 1:03 AM
Where in Genesis does it say dogs go to heaven. I want to learn something about this. As you are supposed to learn something new everyday and I don't think I did today. It akes sense that God wouldn't forget them but I just never read it.

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Dec 12, 10 3:58 AM
Thanks for the details. It does sound like it was an unnecessary scene.

Maven
Clownfish
Clownfish
944 Posts

[Post New]by Maven on Dec 12, 10 7:46 AM
The developers included the mouse-over name "Frankendog" in this scene. Guess they didn't think people would react negatively?

nwr1948x
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,360 Posts

[Post New]by nwr1948x on Dec 12, 10 8:26 AM
abarrett wrote:Thanks for the details. It does sound like it was an unnecessary scene.
TOTALLY UNNECESSARY ! it's fine to say don't play the game when
you've just spent £5.86 for it.

cme550
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by cme550 on Dec 12, 10 9:01 AM
Glad I read this now. Maybe I wont purchase the game after all.

Go to: