crgriff58
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

bonus game 13th skull

[Post New]by crgriff58 on Dec 11, 10 8:32 PM
In bonus game, where do you use the can opener. Am lost....help!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,478 Posts

Re:bonus game 13th skull

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 11, 10 8:45 PM
Under mausoleum, on shelves next to goblet hutch.

rhorho
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by rhorho on Dec 12, 10 10:06 PM
How do you get to the bonus game? I have completed the game and am starting the game again because the bonus said I had to complete the game first.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,188 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Dec 13, 10 6:32 AM
When you finish the regular portion of the game you are automatically taken back to the main menu. Near the top of the screen, the words Collector’s Edition fade away and the words Last Rites appear. Also the picture of the sign that says Bonus Game in the lower left corner fades away and the background scene changes from the outside of the mansion to the swamp. Then you click on PLAY and the bonus game begins with you trying to get on the ship.

What is confusing players is that in all other CE games you had to click on the bonus game logo or sign or enter the bonus game by clicking on something that said Bonus or Extra on it. In previous CE’s, when the regular game ended you knew it and you actually had to look for the bonus game. In this game the word Bonus just disappears from the screen and your only option is to click on PLAY to get back to the game. If you are super focused on getting back to the game you may not realize or later remember that the shift on the main menu happened.

When you finish the game play on the ships, which is the bonus game, the game ends and your progress and your journal entries are not there anymore. You are taken back to the main menu for a new game. At that point the bonus game is locked because you have completed it and you are at the beginning of a new game again.

[Post New]by mixinvixen on Jan 23, 11 6:31 PM
my daughter and i just finished solving the cannons, saw the ship raising up out of the water, then the game froze...next thing we saw was the caretakers bent over us arguing about ghosts, then the credits started rolling. now the journal is back at the very 1st page, and we never got a chance to check out the ship, etc like the walk through says you can. apparently our chance at a bonus round was taken away by some kind of glitch. is there no other option, beside replaying this game all the way through and maybe experiencing the exact same thing? kind of hard to explain to a 6 yr old, ya know....

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,478 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jan 23, 11 9:43 PM
Hi mixinvixen! Welcome to the forums! It depends. Do you have the standard edition or the collector's edition? If you have the standard edition you cannot access the bonus game, it is for the collector's edition only. If you have the standard edition then you have completed all the game play available to you. I suspect you have the SE, as that is the way that version ends. There is another forum and walkthrough for the SE, this is the forum for the CE.

[Post New]by MelpyReznov on Jan 30, 11 3:18 AM
Hey.
I am having trouble with the bonus content.

I finished the game once, played it again and then It prompted me to get onto the ship. It wouldn't let me close. I looked it up and you are meant to go closer to throw rocks at it. I cannot walk towards the ship. Do I need something? Or am I, as I suspect, glitched.
When I press "hint" it tells me if only I had something to throw, which is odd since I haven't been able to get up near the ship. When I click the arrow to go close, it makes those footstep noises, but nothing happens.

The real problem occured when I started a new file. I finished that too, but instead of coming back to start the ship prompts, it restarted the file at the beginning again.

So I must have double glitched perhaps.
I'm frustrated.

Any help?

Edited on 01/30/2011 at 3:20:12 AM PST

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,478 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jan 30, 11 8:29 AM
Hi MelpyReznov! Did you read the post above yours? If you have the standard edition you do not have access to the ships, that is the bonus game and is only available in the collector's edition. We're not sure why the SE points you to the ships - it's either sloppy game clean up or a deliberate ploy to get you to buy the CE.

[Post New]by MelpyReznov on Jan 30, 11 2:30 PM
Because I was able to find the can opener and ice pick. Is that still standard edition?

That is mean to tempt me like that with the ship. Mean game.

historian
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by historian on Feb 7, 11 1:37 PM
I just want to let you know that I have just compleated the whole of the game "13 skull" And what a game it was,for me it was the greatest so far.Any more coming along of the same genre?
historian

[Post New]by xcentricview on Apr 18, 11 6:00 AM
I have the collectors addition and i didn't get any bonus no ships and back to the start very disappointed as i have really enjoyed playing any help or do i have to do it all again too???

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,478 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Apr 18, 11 6:51 PM
xcentricview wrote:I have the collectors addition and i didn't get any bonus no ships and back to the start very disappointed as i have really enjoyed playing any help or do i have to do it all again too???

If you didn't get the play on the ships, I'd go ahead and double check you have the collector's edition.

[Post New]by mom2004 on Dec 7, 11 8:29 AM
i have recieved a second set of the canopener and icepick what do i do with them please help

bfgArnoStyx
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Dec 7, 11 10:50 AM
Hi mom2004,

You may want to take a look at the walkthrough (you can click on this link) for help with those two items. It's a great step-by-step guide to get you through the game and should help with the can opener and ice pick!

-bfgArnoStyx

Standard game glitch starts you in bonus game

[Post New]by GamesterGrace on Jul 14, 12 3:32 PM
This is a pretty old thread at this point, so probably no one will be that impacted by this. But I thought I'd mention that I have the standard edition of the game, but like some people here, when I restarted it put me onto the dock as if I was starting the bonus edition. Eventually found the ice pick and the can opener, but there's no way to get any closer to the pirate ships. So I'm outta luck, unless I want to shell out the money for the collector's edition.

Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone else is as confused as I was. Looks like it's just a glitch in the standard edition.

nabsuc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
464 Posts

Standard game glitch starts you in bonus game

[Post New]by nabsuc on Jul 15, 12 3:18 AM
GamesterGrace wrote:This is a pretty old thread at this point, so probably no one will be that impacted by this. But I thought I'd mention that I have the standard edition of the game, but like some people here, when I restarted it put me onto the dock as if I was starting the bonus edition. Eventually found the ice pick and the can opener, but there's no way to get any closer to the pirate ships. So I'm outta luck, unless I want to shell out the money for the collector's edition.

Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone else is as confused as I was. Looks like it's just a glitch in the standard edition.

Yes GamesterGrace, It is a glitch in the game it is sad really when you have enjoyed playing the standard edition, and still think you can carry on playing, many other fishes have been upset over this happening never mind though it was a enjoyable game to play well I thought it was anyway.

Go to: