bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Jewelry Secret: Mystery Stones

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Dec 12, 10 12:05 AM
Help Emily make it home and plunge headlong into a fantasy world in this exciting Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure game! Starting off in a small jewelry store in Paris, Emily is transported back in time! Take on incredible challenges and overcome obstacles as you help Emily return to her time. Ancient Egypt, Wild West and mid-century America are waiting for you in Jewelry Secret: Mystery Stones!

Blackie61958
Shark
Shark
12,595 Posts

Re:Jewelry Secret: Mystery Stones

[Post New]by Blackie61958 on Dec 12, 10 12:17 AM
I am the 1st one here!!
it is 0320hrs in New York

gma5
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by gma5 on Dec 12, 10 12:20 AM
Can't get past the start page. Push play, it goes black with "loading profile" in the bottom right corner, and gets stuck. I've downloaded, removed and redownloaded, removed & rebooted, downloaded again. All I've accomplished is to lose 3 min. of play time.

Larissa_Jane
Flounder
Flounder
2,273 Posts

[Post New]by Larissa_Jane on Dec 12, 10 12:27 AM
how can I change OPTIONS??? nothing seems to work, and the music (?) is clangy. DK if the game plays or not I did not get that far. Wasted 5 mins on Options.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Dec 12, 10 12:31 AM
Larissa_Jane wrote:how can I change OPTIONS??? nothing seems to work, and the music (?) is clangy. DK if the game plays or not I did not get that far. Wasted 5 mins on Options.

Click on the blue rectangles one at a time starting from the 2nd. one in on the left. Hope this helps. Your right, the music is clangy. LOL!

niya00
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by niya00 on Dec 12, 10 12:37 AM
This is bull. I got 27 mins play then you are directed to buy the game to play more. I don't know where BF is coming up with all this stuff but they really need to take a good look at their new marketing stradegies. More and more glitches, less and less reliability. Last 2 games I bought I ended up buying from another site. This was my only source since 2005 now I'm looking for alternative sites. Bring back the site or you're gonna start losing the old timers.

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Dec 12, 10 12:49 AM
peglegann wrote:
Larissa_Jane wrote:how can I change OPTIONS??? nothing seems to work, and the music (?) is clangy. DK if the game plays or not I did not get that far. Wasted 5 mins on Options.

Click on the blue rectangles one at a time starting from the 2nd. one in on the left. Hope this helps. Your right, the music is clangy. LOL!

Be careful Ann, this game has more bugs than a $2.00 flop house.
Dr.good
p.s. SPOILER, I don't care for the H0 scenes and the way they hide stuff. A wood grain microphone??? please!!!!

rhorho
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by rhorho on Dec 12, 10 12:56 AM
I refuse to download another game until I get an answer/solution to why my sound went out after I downloaded Lost chronicle: Salem. Now none of my games from bf has a sound. When I open Lost, it tells me that my sound card does not support ...... This is some bull. All my other games have sound, just not the ones in my game manager.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Dec 12, 10 12:57 AM
doctorgood wrote:
peglegann wrote:

Be careful Ann, this game has more bugs than a $2.00 flop house.
Dr.good
p.s. SPOILER, I don't care for the H0 scenes and the way they hide stuff. A wood grain microphone??? please!!!!

Yes and a hook as part of a curved light fitting. Sorry to say a terrible game.

Edited on 12/12/2010 at 12:58:24 AM PST

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Dec 12, 10 1:03 AM
niya00 wrote:This is bull. I got 27 mins play then you are directed to buy the game to play more. I don't know where BF is coming up with all this stuff but they really need to take a good look at their new marketing stradegies. More and more glitches, less and less reliability. Last 2 games I bought I ended up buying from another site. This was my only source since 2005 now I'm looking for alternative sites. Bring back the site or you're gonna start losing the old timers.
Couldn't agree more with you................

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Dec 12, 10 1:10 AM
hi all.

I am another one who really did not like this game.

I was going to post in the comments & review thread but I didn't want to start off by dissing a game as I have nothing good to say about it.

The music had to be turned off & I normally play with music turned low. The hidden objects were far to difficult to see. All in all for a Sunday this game seemed too much hard work for very little pleasure.

I accept we have been spoilt with a few top notch games recently but this is almost 1990's standard. Pity though.

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Dec 12, 10 1:35 AM
This is the very first time this happens to me. With 31 minutes left to play, it booted me out to 'buy'. Did not get my hour trial.

Other than that the items were very difficult to find and music annoying after a few minutes and I was not particularly fond of the graphics.

I didn't encounter any bugs or problems with the game of any kind.

That being said, this is a 'no buy' for me.

moonfire69
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by moonfire69 on Dec 12, 10 1:40 AM
niya00 wrote:This is bull. I got 27 mins play then you are directed to buy the game to play more. I don't know where BF is coming up with all this stuff but they really need to take a good look at their new marketing stradegies. More and more glitches, less and less reliability. Last 2 games I bought I ended up buying from another site. This was my only source since 2005 now I'm looking for alternative sites. Bring back the site or you're gonna start losing the old timers.
I agree, and I am not buying CE's cause the regular games don't work. The last game I downloaded was the Salem blah, blah, blah. I got a refund from CS and didn't even finish the game, cause the glitches still weren't fixed after their fix. Happy Gaming all maybe at another web site!!

[Post New]by jewsecretdev on Dec 12, 10 5:59 AM
Hello everyone. I am one of the representatives of the developers of this game and now I will try to respond to your comments.

how can I change OPTIONS??? nothing seems to work, and the music (?) is clangy.

To change options Click on the blue rectangles
peglegann Thank you for what you have already commented on it.
Be

careful Ann, this game has more bugs than a $2.00 flop house.
I have a feeling the amount of posts in the tech thread will be astronomical!!

Please tell us about any errors (astronomica)you talking about? maybe I'm wrong but I guess it's not fair to blame a game of errors, without having the facts.

had no audio on The Queen of Spades game and now have noticed two other games in my BF game manager that have no audio but played okay before!

All I just can say that this is not a problem with the game - problems with the sound drivers on your computer that you just need to try to upgrade, then I think everything will be fine with all games including our own.
Please before you write comments, please make sure that your computer are the most recent driver. In an age when computers change every day, it is very important to install on your computer the most recent drivers for your entire computer. This will be useful not only for gaming but also for all other applications.
And yet I want to say one thing in the world do not have any games or applications that will run on all computers in the world ... it's natural. Because each of us has different operating systems, different computer configuration ... different resolution screens and video cards. And to make an application that runs on all of this is impossible. I am very sorry to those people who have appeared some problems with the launch of our game.

Edited on 12/12/2010 at 5:59:38 AM PST

mspaws
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by mspaws on Dec 12, 10 6:51 AM
I played the demo and had no issues. I have a 24 inch monitor and no problems with finding items....The complaint of the hint not showing up in the "flashlight looking for batteries" scene...The hint sparkles and use the flashlight to find the sparkles.
Guess I am the only one that likes this game. Its a buy for me. I like the straight HOG and this one is cute and fun (and that is what it is about).

Paws

slm1022
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by slm1022 on Dec 12, 10 7:33 AM
This game is not worth buying..even the trial is....well a trial!

Small objects placed on same color backgrounds. A hint button that doesn't provide any hint that is helpful.

From reading the forum....my complaints are the same as other gamers.

Uninstalling this one and hope the developers go back to the drawing board.

meanbusiness
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by meanbusiness on Dec 12, 10 8:07 AM
I also tried the demo for about 20 minutes. Although I am an ancient 67, I did not have any difficulty with the fuses. I do agree that the objects were exceptionally small to find. However, they were not invisible as in some games I have seen recently. I truly hate it when I random click and think, "That did not look like a razor....."

I believe the problem is with me. In the beginning, when I started with BF many moons ago, I was new to casual gaming and thought a straight HOG was super. However, we have come a long way since then, and my tastes have changed. I now love interactive, fractured, hunting for parts games that have me scratching my head to remember where I needed that fuse, or wrench, or hunting horn, etc.

This game appears to be a straight HOG, so it did not catch my button that says "buy me." The lists are very junk pile, and appear to just be random objects, not necessarily having anything to do with the scene. This seems to be happening a lot lately. It appears to me that the story is just added to support the list of hidden objects.

With that said, someone who just loves to find hidden objects, might like this game. I will be happy to wait for something with a bit more challenge.

Larissa_Jane
Flounder
Flounder
2,273 Posts

[Post New]by Larissa_Jane on Dec 12, 10 12:46 PM
peglegann wrote:Click on the blue rectangles one at a time starting from the 2nd. one in on the left. Hope this helps. Your right, the music is clangy. LOL!

this clicking worked IF i was prepared to click several times for each level.
What I REALLY wanted to do was change from full-size screen to window mode ... and... nothing worked!!!

sleeplady
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by sleeplady on Dec 12, 10 8:35 PM
The colors were glaring and graphics had a three dimensional multi-colored silhouette around text and items. It hurt my eyes...only lasted 4 minutes!!
And I love HOGs!

[Post New]by graemi on Dec 13, 10 5:39 PM
rhorho wrote:I refuse to download another game until I get an answer/solution to why my sound went out after I downloaded Lost chronicle: Salem. Now none of my games from bf has a sound. When I open Lost, it tells me that my sound card does not support ...... This is some bull. All my other games have sound, just not the ones in my game manager.

Go to: