grabbinbugs
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

Game won't play

[Post New]by grabbinbugs on Dec 12, 10 12:17 AM
Can't even get this game to play in administrator. Game stalls at the profile page with no response from "play" button. This is a first for me and I have played many many games here. Think will wait on this and see if others have same issue.

***Additional remarks***

In all fairness to the devs of this game I checked with Nvidia to see if my video card driver was up to date. Nope, it wasn't....they sneaked one in on me when I was too busy playing games..lol. I took care of business and the game opens and plays just fine...cursor and all. For others having these issues...check out your driver, it may very well be the culprit.

Edited on 12/12/2010 at 8:51:21 AM PST


 
doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

Re:Game won't play

[Post New]by doctorgood on Dec 12, 10 12:35 AM
I get all the way to the first puzzle (a fuse block) and it locks up and my cursor disappears. I had to yank the cord out of the wall to get away from it! When I restarted my PC it was still running! I had an awful time getting it to uninstall because it showed the game running! Now it has corrupted my desk top icons somehow. Some are gone and some are the wrong size. Do not load this piece of garbage until it has been fixed!!! Now I'm off to do a restore on my PC to get everything sorted out. #*^#^%*&*
Dr.good

 
peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

Re:Game won't play

[Post New]by peglegann on Dec 12, 10 12:54 AM
doctorgood wrote:I get all the way to the first puzzle (a fuse block) and it locks up and my cursor disappears. I had to yank the cord out of the wall to get away from it! When I restarted my PC it was still running! I had an awful time getting it to uninstall because it showed the game running! Now it has corrupted my desk top icons somehow. Some are gone and some are the wrong size. Do not load this piece of garbage until it has been fixed!!! Now I'm off to do a restore on my PC to get everything sorted out. #*^#^%*&*
Dr.good

Suggest you do not even try again. IMO. The game is not too good. Right click on your desktop and go into screen resolution, you may be able to get your icons back a little quicker by altering the settings there.

 
doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

Re:Game won't play

[Post New]by doctorgood on Dec 12, 10 1:03 AM
peglegann wrote:
doctorgood wrote:I get all the way to the first puzzle (a fuse block) and it locks up and my cursor disappears. I had to yank the cord out of the wall to get away from it! When I restarted my PC it was still running! I had an awful time getting it to uninstall because it showed the game running! Now it has corrupted my desk top icons somehow. Some are gone and some are the wrong size. Do not load this piece of garbage until it has been fixed!!! Now I'm off to do a restore on my PC to get everything sorted out. #*^#^%*&*
Dr.good

Suggest you do not even try again. IMO. The game is not too good. Right click on your desktop and go into screen resolution, you may be able to get your icons back a little quicker by altering the settings there.



Oh no, this "thing" isn't getting anywhere near my PC again! The little bit I played was sorry anyhow. The objects were crudely drawn and the way they were hidden was ridiculous! One item in particular appeared to be wood grain and blended into a desk. It is an electronic item that no one has ever produced in wood grain!!!. Stupid little piece of trash!
Dr.good

 
besstan
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

Game won't play

[Post New]by besstan on Dec 12, 10 1:46 AM
grabbinbugs wrote:Can't even get this game to play in administrator. Game stalls at the profile page with no response from "play" button. This is a first for me and I have played many many games here. Think will wait on this and see if others have same issue.
game wont play the curioser is all over the place come on help out besstan

 
puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

Re:Game won't play

[Post New]by puzzledone on Dec 12, 10 1:50 AM
Dr Good, I've had 2 games not stop running since October, couldn't uninstall from Game Mgr because it says can't install while game is running. I was able (from forum tips having same problem) altho Task Mgr showed nothing running, second tab Processes in TM, click name game and delete. Then was able to uninstall from Control Panel Rem Prog.

Weird because I had no problem with hour demo, then when I Hit buy and GM said activated got only black screen and "game running". Many others had no problem but most with W7 64 bit couldn't play and no rebuild ever appeared. That WAS a good game, Colombus Spirit Stone, I think there is a hex on stone games. Don't remember the other that wouldn't stop since, but not worth uninstall/reinstall 3 times as I did on the first one.That second one screwed up my desktop too, think it was a screen res glitch. Hate it when organized icons are all moved and the time it takes to lock them all back in.

My sympathies.
I don't even see a tech thread here for this game. What's that about? a secret?

 
doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

Re:Game won't play

[Post New]by doctorgood on Dec 12, 10 4:27 AM
Thanks puzzledone for the "heads-up" I can't believe there isn't a ton of tech problems reported! I check for updates for my PC daily and very seldom ever experience a problem. anyhow, I'm taking a pass on this one. Have a great day!
Dr.good

 
lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

Re:Game won't play

[Post New]by lovely62 on Dec 12, 10 5:18 AM
Well here is another game that hits the dust, the game has lag and so many bugs in this game I am not going to try to play this game is going to get deleted..BF games are usually the best site for games..but to many games out that has bugs..
sorry BFG..

 
yasure
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

Game won't play

[Post New]by yasure on Dec 12, 10 5:19 AM
grabbinbugs wrote:Can't even get this game to play in administrator. Game stalls at the profile page with no response from "play" button. This is a first for me and I have played many many games here. Think will wait on this and see if others have same issue.

I am having the same problem. I had to hide my tool bar because the game came up behind it. And still, part of the game was not visible. I tried restarting the computer 3 times. Got as far a LOADING PROFILE. I lost 8 minutes and I haven't even started.
Looks like I'll just UNINSTALL and give up

 

Re:Game won't play

[Post New]by WEEZIETAYLOR on Dec 12, 10 7:56 AM
THIS GAME WILL NOT PLAY CAN'T GET BEYOND PROFILE UNSTALLED AND RESTALLED TWICE GOT THE SAME PROBLEM NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM BEFORE. BF I GET ALL MY GAMES FROM YOU BUT WILL NOT BUY THIS GAME

 

Re:Game won't play

[Post New]by jewsecretdev on Dec 12, 10 8:36 AM
Hello everyone. I am one of the representatives of the developers of this game and now I will try to respond to your comments.
lovely62
yasure
WEEZIETAYLOR
And other soory for this misunderstanding-we did a lot of tests and has never faced such a problem.
There are only speculate that our game is not compatible with yours operating system. Please tell me what your operating system you have and I try help you. One more times sorry.


just received a message from one user who had a similar problem, and decided it so-see picture http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/1299/uac0.jpg


Edited on 12/12/2010 at 9:00:23 AM PST


 
VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

Re:Game won't play

[Post New]by VTCT on Dec 12, 10 8:50 AM
Hey what's up with people at BF are they just putting out games and they haven't tried on more then one computer or are they just taking makers word that they work. I have same problem with fuse box and I am now going to the Control Panel of my computer and uninstall this game. Every one should give this a poor review. Out of 10 it is a minus 10. Poor quality control I say

 
bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

Re:Game won't play

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Dec 12, 10 9:01 AM
Hi everyone,

The official tech thread for Jewelry Secret: Mystery Stones is now up and can be found here, so I'm going to go ahead and lock this one up so that it's easier to keep the discussion together.

Feel free to repost any concerns in the technical issues thread on the game’s page.

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved.

If you’re experiencing glitchyness, slowness, or trouble displaying the game, the following help article has helped resolve common display issues in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Thanks,

-bfgDonau

 
 
 
 
Go to: