peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Jewelry Secret: Mystery Stones

[Post New]by peglegann on Dec 12, 10 12:50 AM
This game is not for people that have difficulty seeing small/very well blended items. It gave me a headache and I can usually find items with little difficulty. Also, the change from the shop to a different scene there is a blinding white flash of light. So beware. The hint recharges in about 45 seconds and there appears to be no penalty for mis-clicking. If the items had not caused me to use about 4 hints in the first scene (I usually spend time looking before I will use a hint). I will leave it at that, as their are other reviewers that will do a better description than me. NO buy for me.

Edited on 12/12/2010 at 9:07:07 AM PST

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Jewelry Secret: Mystery Stones

[Post New]by Nilosh on Dec 12, 10 1:48 AM
After having read the reviews so far, now even going to bother DL. Another week-end spent with old games. However I have to agree, lately the quality of games comming out with all these glitches has me worried.

froggie10
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by froggie10 on Dec 12, 10 1:49 AM
My Trend Micro would not let me install it said it was not safe!But after reading the other reviews I'm glad I couldn't install it!!! This used to be the best game site around I find my self buying more from other game sites

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Dec 12, 10 1:54 AM
Initially when using the custom cursor it was very sluggish and, as there isn't an option to change to the system one I thought I wouldn't be able to play at all however it wasn't too bad in the game as it is not a game where you can see several of the items and go click click click. Talking of which I didn't encounter a click penalty.

Peglegann I have to agree with your comment about "well blended" objects as I don't think I would have had the patience to continue looking for the microphone even if I wasn't in a hurry this morning.

I found the music OK but repetitive.

So the second scene is only illuminated by the flashlight, when you have found it in the first scene that is , and you have to find fuses. Well I started off all right until it came to the last one and I just can't find it .

What's that! ... use a hint you say ... oh what an absolutely brilliant !!!

I use a hint ... and wait for it to refill again as I must have blinked

I use a hint ... and ditto

I use a hint ... and

Give up because the scene is dark I can't see where the hint is showing me the hidden fuse is so I can't play any further than 9 minutes.

Sorry no buy ... unless:

Has anyone got any night vision goggles I can borrow please ...

Cherb

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Dec 12, 10 2:20 AM
Doesn't feel like this "New Game Every Day" is working well anymore. I'd say keep the DDs coming @ $2.99 with histories in forums of tried and true. Then give us a couple great, high quality games a week that run on the most configurations tested and give CS a break. Gosh, a game comes along like Queen of Spades hitting #2 on chart second day. Most CE games are worth waiting for in a few weeks, time to get honest reviews. Everything in between seems to be just filler, like making a short game longer with monotonous repetivness as filler.

Today's great game is the SE worth the wait for those who didn't go for the CE, and DD Age of Oracles Tara's Journey I remember being a lot of fun, beautiful graphics and sensible use of Tarot Cards (not occultish, meaningful). Was long too and some complained tedious. But I was new at that time to interactive HOG and delighted with the animations and using/joining inventory. So, if you haven't progress to expert by now it's worth a download IMHO.

There's always that wish list or maybe later so I could probably find a game a day looking around. But who wants to buy one a day or afford to? Let BF sift thru all and just don't release the so-so and troublemakers. Then knock us one out of the park in a few days. I can wait.

Edited on 12/12/2010 at 2:25:18 AM PST

tubergal
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by tubergal on Dec 12, 10 2:52 AM
What ever happened to the 60 minute trial. It stopped after 31 minutes. Now this is not the first game I tried that stopped before the time trial ended.
I also agree with other folks that have made the comments about the blended items and the size of some of the items. If you have vision issues, this is not the game for you.

jbinch
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by jbinch on Dec 12, 10 3:06 AM
I agree with Tubergal..when did 60 mins become 40?? And what's the point of hidden object when the objects are so small you need to keep using hints and then don't blink cuz you'll miss the tiny wee sparkles! For sure won't be buying this one.

[Post New]by okletmewin12 on Dec 12, 10 3:27 AM
to tubergal and jbinch ~ there are two types of demos here, an hour to try, or a sample version which ends at a specified point in the game, or an hour, whichever comes first, so you guys finished the "sample" provided before the hour was up!

that explains why the d/l is so small only 90mb and if you look the try this button says play the sample instead of play the hour

ok off to demo even tho i will prob agree with all the comments here and garbage it after 20 mins lol

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Dec 12, 10 3:31 AM
This demo is a "sample," not a timed trial, so some gamers might get done in half the time as others. The sample demo is only 90.66 mb, while the complete file of the game is 228.42 mb. Usually we just get the sample sizes for large file or CE games, but I've noticed them occasionally for regular games lately. The difference is whether the developers took the extra time to make a separate trial file or if they just lock the regular file until it is purchased.

In this case, I don't think it's going to make much difference for most of us - either you are going to like it fast, or hate it fast. I'm downloading now to try it, but since I usually agree with CasualGran and Goofyduck, I'm not holding out a lot of hope. I'll give it a try, though, because the free demo won't cost me anything except a bit of time.

ETA: I played about 15 minutes, and had to quit. The tiny objects blended in too well to make looking for them enjoyable, and it was extremely annoying to look at an inch and a half on each side of the screen blurred out for every scene. An occasional scene like that is nice for effect, but when all the scenes are that way it just makes it look cheap, like they couldn't be bothered to draw all the way to the sides. The center portion of the graphics are crisp and clear, so not being able to find the objects isn't because the graphics are grainy, they are just too well-blended with the background.

If you like a challenge and like to take your time REALLY looking for things, you may enjoy this game. Just because I don't like it doesn't mean you won't.

Edited on 12/12/2010 at 3:56:08 AM PST

[Post New]by reineirene on Dec 12, 10 4:05 AM
I am surprised that BF would even bother issuing such a lousy game. And I want to comment on the more and more 40 minutes trial version.....It's certainly not a way to encourage people to stay with BF

Fykomfei
Guppy
Guppy
125 Posts

[Post New]by Fykomfei on Dec 12, 10 4:20 AM
I squinted through 15 minutes - then I removed it from my computer.

[Post New]by andyw111 on Dec 12, 10 4:23 AM
The game will not start all I get is music.Must say I am also getting fed up with the quality of games BFG are selling ,I have been buying big fish games for many years and until the last few months have had no problems, come on big fish get back to the quality we were used to from you.

truddi
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by truddi on Dec 12, 10 4:59 AM
[b][i]Sadly I find myself like minded with other comments.
I too have bought many games over the years from BF, now however I find myself using my credits on any game before it times out at the end of the month.

The once very good games from this site are getting fewer and fewer.

Bring back BSG, at least it gave me something to do at times when there wasn't a game worth looking at. That scenario is sad to say more and more often.

Oh for a game of big fish slots, or the daily riddle.

Yes I know this site is running elsewhere, but its not a place I wish to join.

maddee51
Clownfish
Clownfish
689 Posts

[Post New]by maddee51 on Dec 12, 10 5:17 AM
DL but the phantom cursor struck again!!!!!! So after messing about trying to change cursor eventually found out there wasn't an option to change so have not even played this game but uninstalled it....

C'mon BF this is getting to be a regular occurance and not one we fishes are used to please ditch the rubbish. I'd rather have a new game once a week than some of the rubbish once a day.

and breathe.....

[Post New]by jewsecretdev on Dec 12, 10 5:18 AM
Hello everyone. I am one of the representatives of the developers of this game and now I will try to respond to your comments. First I want to thank you for any comments (though not positive) but we respect your point of view and try to avoid these shortcomings in future.

"This game is not for people that have difficulty seeing small / very well blended items. It gave me a headache and I can usually find items with little difficulty."

Our game was originally designed as a hidden object game and not an adventure. Therefore, emphasis was placed precisely at finding hidden objects. This should be interesting for players «old school». To compensate for the well-hidden objects, we speeded up the hint. "

First of all the game is buggy as hell. Sometimes things work, sometimes they don't."

Sorry but if you write such comments then please include any errors you find. I know that we spent on the testing a very long time and tried to delete every bug. And if there is evidence that the game has bugs, please talk about them.

"So the second scene is only illuminated by the flashlight, when you have found it in the first scene that is, and you have to find fuses. Well I started off all right until it came to the last one and I just can't find it. "

We wanted to achieve realism so we decided to make hint under the darkness . All you need is just to make a flashlight tour of the scene, the hint is rather large and it is not difficult to notice it.
If you have any questions ask it to me I'll be glad to help you.
In the near future we will try to make strategic guide for a better passing the game.
And one more thing please understand that every game developer have their level of skills, we tried to do everything in our power for you to playing in our game with pleasure. Sorry if we did not meet some of your hopes.

Edited on 12/12/2010 at 7:05:30 AM PST

[Post New]by catehall on Dec 12, 10 5:22 AM
Bleh! This game is a no buy for me too. First off, items were extremely difficult to find making me use the hint 3 times in one scene (the third time outside the pyramid). Also, it is annoying to have the game demo end so quickly. I guess BFG is giving us just a small taste of this one. Which is plenty for me anyway since I found it boring overall. Next!

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Dec 12, 10 5:28 AM
jewsecretdev wrote:Hello everyone. I am one of the representatives of the developers of this game and now I will try to respond to your comments. First I want to thank you for any comments (though not positive) but we respect your point of view and try to avoid these shortcomings in future. Also please take note that this is our debut project - do not judge us harshly.
"This game is not for people that have difficulty seeing small / very well blended items. It gave me a headache and I can usually find items with little difficulty."
Our game was originally designed as a hidden object game and not an adventure. Therefore, emphasis was placed precisely at finding hidden objects. This should be interesting for players «old school». To compensate for the well-hidden objects, we speeded up the hint.
"First of all the game is buggy as hell. Sometimes things work, sometimes they don't."
Sorry but if you write such comments then please include any errors you find. I know that we spent on the testing a very long time and tried to delete every bug. And if there is evidence that the game has bugs, please talk about them.
"So the second scene is only illuminated by the flashlight, when you have found it in the first scene that is, and you have to find fuses. Well I started off all right until it came to the last one and I just can't find it. "
We wanted to achieve realism so we decided to make hint under the darkness . It would look silly... All you need is just to make a flashlight tour of the scene, the hint is rather large and it is not difficult to notice it.
If you have any questions ask it to me I'll be glad to help you.
In the near future we will try to make strategic guide for a better passing the game.
And one more thing please understand that every game developer have their level of skills, we tried to do everything in our power for you to playing in our game with pleasure. Sorry if we did not meet some of your hopes.

My cursor disappeared during the fuse puzzle and I couldn't escape the scene or the game no matter what I tried. I had to pull the plug to escape. That's as specific as I can get. Better luck in the future.
Dr.good
p.s. was this game ever beta'ed?

[Post New]by jewsecretdev on Dec 12, 10 5:47 AM
My cursor disappeared during the fuse puzzle and I couldn't escape the scene or the game no matter what I tried. I had to pull the plug to escape. That's as specific as I can get. Better luck in the future.
Dr.good
p.s. was this game ever beta'ed?

I honestly do not know what could be the problem - before release the game we did the tests more than 50 different computers, never before this problem did not arise as you can see on the forum you are the first who has a problem--sorry for this but I have only one suspect that your computer just not compatible with your computer or you have not latest drivers...please update you drivers and start the game with new profile.On more sorry and Thanks.

Edited on 12/12/2010 at 5:48:24 AM PST

arthurC
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

[Post New]by arthurC on Dec 12, 10 6:02 AM
Thanks for warning us about the "white flash of light", Clownfish.

This is a major problem for me, so even if it was the greatest game in the world, I couldn't play it in case it triggered a migraine. Not only can sudden and unexpected flashes trigger migraines, but in some people they can bring on an epileptic fit.

NOT having flashing lights in a game wouldn't effect the quality or enjoyment of the game so why include them and risk turning off a largish number of prospective cutomers??

It just doesn't make sense.

[Post New]by PamsEldorado on Dec 12, 10 6:22 AM
I'm really disappointed in this game!! I played the trial and had no difficulty. After 20 minutes, I had to exit and buy the game; which unfortunately I did. Next time a game comes out like this, it would be nice if there was a little note stating that items are very small and is not intended for people with poor vision. I feel Iike I got taken this time and I own over 100 BF games. It's okay for what the game is, but its not all that and certainly not that interesting; I wish I hadn't bought it!!!

Go to: