mspaws
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

Re:I overcame game's issues; here's my comments

[Post New]by mspaws on Dec 12, 10 8:01 AM
I agree. I am running Windows 7, just bought this computer about a month ago and having no issues with any games (knock on wood). I am glad I am not the only one who enjoyed this game! I really feel bad for the developers seeing all the nasty comments...There is such a thing as positive feedback.

Happy Holidays to everyone!!!

Paws

Badgerrrt
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by Badgerrrt on Dec 12, 10 9:34 AM
Amen!! I have Windows 7 with 4 G's RAM and also run regular utilities with computer protection software (also not microsoft) and defrag my disc about once a month.
The game played properly on my computer.
I enjoyed the game and will probably buy it

[Post New]by CalifDreaming on Dec 12, 10 10:42 AM
Holy Cow! After reading all the negative reviews I almost uninstalled it w/out 1st playing it.
#1. I had no problem finding the fuses. It just takes a very close look at what the fuse looks like as they are large enough. And my eyes are not young.
#2. I lost my curser after I finished a sample & the various postcards showed on the screen, however I got it back.
#3. From reading the reviews I was expecting childish scrawl, not the sharpness I found to be the case.
Maybe we've been so use to all the "darkness" lately in all the games, that it's all we see.
I do have a comment to make. This has also happened on several other games I've played and/or purchased. If the player needs a code for the mini game, why aren't we allowed to remove the sheet w/the code or reduce the book, diary, log, etc. where they've been placed so we don't have to keep opening, looking, & then reclosing several times to apply the code?
Happing Gaming. Merry Christmas & Happy New Year.

tayers81
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,692 Posts

[Post New]by tayers81 on Dec 12, 10 12:05 PM
I don't often post reviews of games, but after reading some of the scathing commentary, I decided to try the game and see if the comments were warranted. I ended up really enjoying the game!!

After finishing the demo here's my review:

Pros--This is one of the few games that actually fit my wide screen monitor without the black borders on the sides. I loved the fact that there was no random click penalty, no timer, and the graphics were pretty good (very bright and colorful). The music was a bit repetitive, but I just lowered the volume and found it to be quite soothing while it played quietly in the background. The story itself was interesting (no saving grandfathers or fathers, or what have you) and I liked the idea of having a magic bracelet that transported you to different time periods. The hints recharge quickly (about 45 seconds) and the items weren't too hard to find (although, some WERE tricky and I was happy to have a hint for some of the items). The instructions for the minigames were easy to understand and I enjoyed playing them. From the demo portion, I did not see any spot the difference for which I'm eternally grateful!

Cons--I think this was mislabled on the download page as I think this is more a straight HOG, not a hidden object puzzle adventure game. There was no interaction, and for me, that's a con. While I liked that the hints recharged quickly, I found the hints themselves to be hard to spot (I would have preferred to see a more distinguished circle of light instead of the faint sparkles that were featured). There was a lot of hand holding (I prefer to figure most things out on my own) and the mini games were on the easy side, although that could have changed as the game progresses. Also, at the end of the demo it showed several more locations in time to visit with the full version, but if they were as short as the demo location, this could be a pretty short game (again, I don't know for sure though).

Overall, I'd give this game 3.5 out of 5. I would recommend this game to anyone who is either new to the HOG genre or who is looking for a nice relaxing game without a lot of back and forth. Also, this is great for those looking for something a bit more cheerful and bright instead of dark and gloomy. I look forward to seeing what other games this developer will come out with in the future.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Dec 12, 10 1:53 PM
I haven't had any problems with this one, either. Only used one hint so far, and found all the fuses wtihout difficulty. I almost didn't try this game...the name sorta tipped me off that it would be kinda hokey, but I decided to try it for lack of a new game to play. I played long enough to know that it may not be a favorite but I think I will spend a couple of hours enjoying it anyway. I do think that some games go better with beer, and this will be one of them, lol. Coffeed out, and ready for one now. Must admit I was hoping for the new Awakening...or one of the other new hogs listed as coming soon on that review site, but at least this one is a hog.and isn't as bad as some have said. Maybe I am an easy mark, but I need a break from shopping, lol.

Faylyn
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by Faylyn on Dec 12, 10 9:36 PM
I have no problems or issues with this game. It loaded quickly and the objects are clearly defined. For those who have posted negative comments, I'm sorry you found this game not to your liking. I find nothing wrong with it. It seems a straight H0G game and I prefer something more challenging but have not ruled out buying this game.

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Dec 13, 10 9:56 AM
I originally posted this in the comments and reviews thread, but am reposting here in hopes that the developer will feel more welcome here and read it:

I demo'd this game mostly because of the things I've seen in this thread. I set out to see if I could recreate any of the issues cited by any of the users. And the answer is I could not. I completed the entire demo version without a single technical issue--and I tried to break it. I had no problems with clicking on objects either. That being said, I would like to offer these suggestions to the developer for consideration in future development.

The flashes between scenes should probably be eliminated. They could pose a seizure hazard for some and for others, well, I was seeing dots for quite awhile.

The objects were blended very well--probably too well for most. Even though the genre is "hidden object" , I think most prefer the objects to be somewhat larger.

Some players have older hardware and software. Giving the option of using a custom cursor or the system cursor often helps these players.

I thought your grahics were beautiful and the storyline interesting. However, I think people were losing the flow and the rhythm because of translation.

For a first effort I thought it beautiful and interesting. I look forward to future productions from you.

Edited on 12/13/2010 at 9:58:51 AM PST

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Dec 13, 10 10:40 AM
i always like it when a dev cares enough to follow the forums, and whether positive or negative, there is a way to say things without getting personal.

mspaws
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by mspaws on Dec 13, 10 7:21 PM
Just one comment...in the every popular mcf games...madame fate..there are lots of flashes.....did anyone complain about that?

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Dec 13, 10 8:37 PM
oh yes mrs they did....not just us oldies whose eyesight is bad, but people with epilisy actually are concerned too

jjudy60
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by jjudy60 on Jan 19, 11 6:25 AM
i also have windows 7 and all i have to do is close firefox web browser and games work wonderfully

Go to: