robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

My Mistake with the Lamp Knob

[Post New]by robin94122 on Dec 12, 10 10:49 AM
I thought I had this problem but it turned out I didn't! So just in case anyone else made the same mistake I did, I thought I'd share this.

There are two barn-like buildings. One is right of the main house by the well. The Strategy Guide calls it the "shed."

The other is left of the main building. You pass it before you get to the boat. You have to do several things to get the door open, then you have to do more things inside, then you have to use a ladder to get up into the loft. The strategy guide calls that the "stables."

Pretty early in the game I found out I needed the Lamp Knob for the hallway to the right of the dining room. But it turns out you don't find it until at least the end of Chapter 3. You find several other gears and levers before then.

You go back to the Shed (the one on the right of the main building) several times and do the Hidden Object Scene there more than once. After you've finished the Hidden Object Scene there are still a lot of sparkles inside the Shed. These represent dust in the air and lantern glow.

That was part of what confused me. I thought the Shed was "the barn," I thought the Hidden Object Scene on the right inside the shed was "upstairs in the Barn" and I thought the glowing dust meant there was still a Hidden Object Scene to do but I couldn't get to it.

I was mistaken on all 3 counts.

I decided to just keep playing and not worry about the Lamp Knob for awhile. I found several other things to do.

Eventually I found out how to get to the left side of the main building and I found the Stables. I still didn't realize that's where I'd find the Lamp Knob.

When it did appear, I was like, "Oh, that's where it is!" and I realized that all along I'd been confusing the Shed and the Stables.

The Lamp Knob in inventory is round with a small post. Mine was correctly labeled.

So just in case anyone else confused the two buildings, I thought I’d mention it, especially since I found out I needed the Lamp Knob early in Chapter 1 but didn’t actually get it until well into Chapter 4, since I went to the Boat first.

Robin

Re:My Mistake with the Lamp Knob

[Post New]by strega101 on Dec 12, 10 3:31 PM
I didn't make the mistake between the shed and the stable, but I still didn't get the knob, it still shows I haven't finished the hidden object game but the hint says there is nothing more to do, so there is obviously a glitch in the game.

trout10
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by trout10 on Dec 13, 10 4:38 AM
I played this game four times with different names and still never found the lamp knob in the stable it just isnt there so have had to give the game up as i cant go any further.I must admit i got the game from another site didnt pay for it like you do on Bigfish and i think thats why if i had bought it i would have found it but as i am a pensioner im not risking buying the game,

lssubabe
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by lssubabe on Dec 16, 10 1:05 PM
Thank god I'm not the only one. I've tried getting the lamp knob 3 times and it's not in the puzzle and the hints keeps saying nothing more to find and it's not in my inventory. What gives?

zorroback2
Herring
Herring
302 Posts

[Post New]by zorroback2 on Dec 16, 10 1:37 PM
Please, buy a legal version of the game!!!! It is happens only to unlegal game!

Edited on 12/17/2010 at 2:38:21 AM PST

[Post New]by gtg714f on Dec 23, 10 10:49 PM
I had the problem with the lamp knob not being there as well. I just reinstalled the game (from the other site) on top of the previous install and the knob appeared in the scene. Hope this helps!

anton_c
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by anton_c on Dec 27, 10 10:43 AM
Hi
I'm having the same problem. What did you mean by "the other site" when you mentioned re-installing the game? Which other site?
Cheers,
A

[Post New]by spunkysable on Dec 15, 11 8:57 PM
Please don't accuse someone of using an illegal version when it's actually a glitch in the game. I'm an iPad user and bought the game legally through the App Store. I have restarted the game twice and have the same problem with locating the lamp knob. If you'll notice, there have been several comments posted by iPad users on this forum and another walkthrough site with the issue never being resolved. It's evidently an iPad/BFG compatibility glitch. I had the same problem with another HOG game. And BTW, iPad users are purchasing legal copies of the game.

[Post New]by youngmomma0810 on Feb 7, 12 12:45 PM
I bought the game on big fish for my iPhone. Played the hidden object game
and it gave me a butcher knife. I looked at the walk through and it said I was suppose to get lamp knobs. And when I went to the city it wouldn't let me talk to the guard. It just said he was guarding the library. Oh and after I'm suppose to get my lamp knobs not the butcher knife its suppose to let me play another hidden object game on the side of the barn.

[Post New]by Stephen_B on Feb 8, 12 4:53 AM
Hi,

Like all before me, I also purchased this through itunes and I'm having problem getting the lamp knob. Has anyone had any success in getting a game fix

[Post New]by tritrina on Feb 14, 12 11:38 AM
youngmomma0810 wrote:I bought the game on big fish for my iPhone. Played the hidden object game
and it gave me a butcher knife. I looked at the walk through and it said I was suppose to get lamp knobs. And when I went to the city it wouldn't let me talk to the guard. It just said he was guarding the library. Oh and after I'm suppose to get my lamp knobs not the butcher knife its suppose to let me play another hidden object game on the side of the barn.

I have the exact same problem, and I purchased the game for ipod today, after playing the free demo!!! I noticed that after the butcher knife there is a glow upstairs, exactly on a wooden column, where a bag hangs. The game says that the bag is sewed but I have nothing in the inventory to open it (the butcher knife doesnt help here).

In case this is a glitch of the game, where can I post it? I purchased the damn game!!!

[Post New]by jimi1979 on Feb 17, 12 10:59 AM
I have the same problem. Legal copy from itunes and no lamp knob. Very annoying Big Fish Games please sort this out!

[Post New]by Aerocone on Feb 20, 12 8:45 AM
I'm stuck! I can't talk to the soldier guarding the library and I can't find the lamp knob ..........can anyone help me?

Re trouble with the Lamp Knob

[Post New]by Bern71 on Mar 3, 12 10:14 PM
I'm playing the collector edition of the game on my iphone even following the official walkthrough i'm stuck so i need quick help from who passed the the level. In the collector edition it says you will be given a butcher’s knife instead of the lamp knob. The lamp knob is not necessary in the iOS version. Buit also says u get the gloves which i couldnt find. According to this problem I also trouble with the beginning of the chapter 4 to get into the 2 right doors to access a hallway right rooms in the mansion. I couldnt find that the hallway what shall i do????

[Post New]by foxylady1981 on Apr 9, 12 5:25 AM
im playing the collector edition iphone too - you don't need to access the 2 doord on the right (thus not needing the lamp knob) --- instead you need to go out of handsome andre's room, go to the left (where the red eye bird is at) -- see the red curtains and broken planks - HACK them with your butcher knife -- you'll gain access to rooms that way.. if you get to the top and find a suits lock at the end of one hallway and you crack it - it's my turn to ask for your help!

Go to: