bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Pengu Wars

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Dec 13, 10 12:16 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Pengu Wars? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Pengu Wars

[Post New]by peglegann on Dec 13, 10 12:54 AM
I did try this as I thought that it would be a game that I could dip in and out of for relaxing. Nothing doing I am afraid. I felt that this was an old game, I am sure that I am wrong but........ Lovely clear graphics, cute penquins could not hear any sound for some reason, whether my computer or not. Will check that out later. A lot of fish will find it fun but no buy for me. This is my comment not a review as I did not play too long. Have fun all.

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Dec 13, 10 4:01 AM
peglegann wrote:I did try this as I thought that it would be a game that I could dip in and out of for relaxing. Nothing doing I am afraid. I felt that this was an old game, I am sure that I am wrong but........ Lovely clear graphics, cute penquins could not hear any sound for some reason, whether my computer or not. Will check that out later. A lot of fish will find it fun but no buy for me. This is my comment not a review as I did not play too long. Have fun all.

Not real chatty though are they!
Dr.good

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Dec 13, 10 4:23 AM
doctorgood wrote:
peglegann wrote:I did try this as I thought that it would be a game that I could dip in and out of for relaxing. Nothing doing I am afraid. I felt that this was an old game, I am sure that I am wrong but........ Lovely clear graphics, cute penquins could not hear any sound for some reason, whether my computer or not. Will check that out later. A lot of fish will find it fun but no buy for me. This is my comment not a review as I did not play too long. Have fun all.

Not real chatty though are they!
Dr.good

No. Not chatty at all today. I was feeling a bit lonely, no Cherb, Goofyduck, Shadowfax44, and no Casualgran but to name a few! Must not be a popular game, I am glad that I tried it though. Thanks for joining me Dr. Good.

christaruth
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by christaruth on Dec 13, 10 5:27 AM
It's not a bad game, but it is monotonous. I tried it for the first ten frames, and then it was boring. Some may like this game,but it is not for me.

jklinders
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by jklinders on Dec 13, 10 5:39 AM
Nifty physics type game. But it's been done better and for free. It looks like a knock off of a far better game that is available for free at several websites and I'll leave it at that.

smallbrowncat
Flounder
Flounder
2,029 Posts

[Post New]by smallbrowncat on Dec 13, 10 6:17 AM
I played the demo for 30 minutes. I may continue for the full hour, I am not sure at this point. I think some different sounds other than the music might enhance the experience. I must not be very good because I only can get to level 14 so far. I did increase my score over the first go tho. Reading the instructions helps

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Dec 13, 10 6:47 AM
"Pengu Wars" is a copy of the popular mobile game "Angry Birds" by Rovio which involves catapulting birds at elaborate fortresses constructed by pigs.
"Angry Birds," has been the # 1 game on the iTunes Store for quite awhile now.
I personally don't like it or comprehend it's popularity.

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Dec 13, 10 2:56 PM
darkdisciple1313 wrote:As for not understanding the popularity of Angry Birds....somehow the botched brain transplants from Jersey Shore are enormously popular, and I can't figure out that particular phenomenon either, so there ya go. It takes all kinds.

So True.

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Dec 14, 10 4:29 PM
not for me

Go to: