sadie700
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,206 Posts

Re:ATTENTION DEVS... Concerning Up-Date 1/20/2016

[Post New]by sadie700 on Apr 4, 16 6:18 PM
I did not even know that the DQ's or the HOS's FIND button wasn't working. I haven't been doing enough on any of the quests character, blue key or gnome, to be able to tell. How Nice!!!!!

Well I guess that pretty much says it all for me. I guess it is time to end my stories that I have not written in quite a while and call it a bad game. End the misery before I kill the computer, because I can't reach through it.

It has been fun guys. I have really appreciated all of my friends that I have made here in the Midnight Castle. I think the Castle walls have just toppled down. I may hang out and gift out my inventory, but right now, they have really messed up what wasn't broken.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Apr 4, 16 7:17 PM
Annelliegram wrote:I can now understand why the "find" button in the Daily Quests was disabled....it conflicts with Character Quests as the game seems to rate them the same....If I have a DQ asking for a Torch, and a Character Quest asking for a Murderer's Eye, I am likely to get either from the Crypt....

When they "fixed" the DQ find button, it just messed up the reliability of getting what you wanted/needed from a Character Quest.

It used to be that you could be GUARANTEED that if a Character sent you for something, you would get it. Now, (if you have activated the Daily Quest) you may get the item for the daily quest instead of the Character quest. For some reason, the game doesn't differentiate between DQ and CQ --- just like it doesn't differentiate between one CQ and another.

IN ADDITION, the fixing of the DQ has also messed up the CQ even when the DQ is not activated. If I need a Blood Lotus, I may get 2 Grasping Handles from the Mosaic instead of the Immortal Treasures......it turns out that the character's NEXT quest may ask me to go to the Chained Chest, so I will shortly use the grasping handles, but it adds 2-3 hours to my CURRENT quest because I am getting items for future quests......this makes play very, very, very frustrating!

GrandmaTyra
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by GrandmaTyra on Apr 7, 16 3:24 AM
Does anyone know what was included in the mandatory update in the last few days?
I was expecting the long awaited spring event, but I haven't noticed any changes at all. They seem to be developing a deeply negative attitude towards the game with purpose. There have been so many sales on other games that could be the problem and they are going to terminate Midnight Castle. In the beginning Midnight Castle was so perfect.Beautiful graphics and music and written with wonderful humor. Now they seem to be tired of the game and writing maybe has become difficult and new ideas are not coming as easily. In updates they put in a lot more zz's and fewer hos's and the cost for the zz's are outrageous. But this is their way of using up the coins we gathered waiting such long times for these updates.
We can buy items to gift at inflated prices. Wouldn't it be nice if we could sell shards and blue keys, or if we could buy diamonds at inflated prices. That would take us through our coins in no time or get us so bored more of us will leave at a faster rate and they can do what they want to do. Shut down. They didn't realize they were creating the perfect game that would develop into a lifestyle for so many. MHO

Starling41
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by Starling41 on Apr 7, 16 7:25 AM
I believe they are going to end the game, not shut it down. I doubt if those of you who want the HOS back will get it. They need to balance the game for the new players who will never experience being maxed out once the game is over.

I don't want it to be over, but really where is that boat going to go? The map is filled, and there is no place for five characters to stand on the boat.

Linalie
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

[Post New]by Linalie on Apr 7, 16 7:52 AM
I am thinking there will be more. They are taking time to upgrade the code so that updates load better and are easier to disseminate...you wouldn't waste resources on something like this if you were "ending"...you would only bug-fix and drive on.

As to the Map...it can change - suddenly it could scroll...up, down, sideways...whatever direction they want to "expand" it to. Or the ship could sail and "land" on a whole new map. The new map could have a link to the old and vice-versus.

Just thoughts - I don't really know...but I'd hate for it to end because there are at least 5 things in the story line as it sits at 71 that have gone unanswered...and a plethora of characters that have "gone somewhere" in search of something and we've not caught up with them either.

I need closure!!!

~Linn

Starling41
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by Starling41 on Apr 7, 16 9:56 AM
Oh Lynn, me too. I remember from 2014 that the map used to be bigger. Anyone else remember?

GrandmaTyra
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by GrandmaTyra on Apr 7, 16 3:21 PM
They have plenty of time to expand the game before they expand the map. Just look at the forest, dark tower and the harbor. There are holes and spaces everywhere for them to expand the game and not the map.......if they want to.

pancakey
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by pancakey on Apr 7, 16 4:47 PM
It looks like they FIXED THE HOS DROP!!!!!

I opened the crypt and the shard and coins were not in the list of possible items you get.

Yay! Thank you devs!!!!

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Apr 7, 16 4:50 PM
Even though that option is no longer under the icon to get shards or coins... the last two times I went to the crypt, all I got were shards... (as well as shard/coins in broken well, skulls, and battle armory where they are not "suppose" to be)... I don't know if it's a glitch, but I'm not the only one getting shards/coins when they have supposedly been removed from certain HO scenes...

pancakey
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by pancakey on Apr 7, 16 4:55 PM
Yup, just got a shard on my first try in the broken carriage. Argh!

[Post New]by moonbeam77 on Apr 8, 16 10:51 AM
Hello, I'm new to posting on the forum.

But after receiving the last update and hoping there would be changes to the HOS
scenes and the find button. It seems not much has been done, the FIND button still doesn't work and i am still getting LOTS OF COINS AND SHARDS.

I'm now getting frustrated with this game after all this time,l was hoping something to be done.
Devs can we do something to HOS scenes or fix the find button. I don't mind paying for inventory items. You have had enough people who have complained about this so why hasn't anything been sorted.

I hope something will be done soon.

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Apr 8, 16 11:56 AM
GrandmaTyra wrote:They have plenty of time to expand the game before they expand the map. Just look at the forest, dark tower and the harbor. There are holes and spaces everywhere for them to expand the game and not the map.......if they want to.

Yes! I want to go see what's in the IceRock behind Henry! That's a whole other castle, it looks like.

sadie700
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,206 Posts

[Post New]by sadie700 on Apr 8, 16 12:28 PM
So much for the increased inventory item drop! Now I am getting almost nothing but coins and shards.

sadie700
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,206 Posts

[Post New]by sadie700 on Apr 8, 16 6:57 PM
Spring comes and spring goes, but not usually in one day!!!! The inventory drops are still dreadful, nothing but coins and shards, thanks, I have enough. Now, twice in as many days, spring arrives and leaves at midnight GMT. See what happens when somebody decides to mess with a good thing? They really mess it up, so that nothing works right!!!

Hey bright idea person, I have a gift for you. To use someone else's words, "to the moon idea person, to the moon! I am getting so tired of "oops, something else is wrong again" and it all started with the downgrade of 1/20. I have a windows 10 laptop that I am closing the game on due to the fidgety nature it has since your last update that messed up all the win 10 games.

I suppose this is no longer being sent to them, but is merely serving as a place to get the gripes out. I will continue through the Spring event, (if it ever stays past midnight GMT) because I have promised some that I would, but now, this game is lower than it has ever been. Yes, the graphics are great! But a game can not survive on graphic's alone. You have to be able to play the game without it telling you that "all good things must come to an end". That phrase should be abolished. It would have been fine if this was the actual end to spring, but since it is because someone's code isn't right, it should not be used. Sorry if I am sounding a bit put off. I am. Nothing has worked right since 1/20 and no one wants to admit it.
ARGHHHHH!

BooBoo9339
Herring
Herring
323 Posts

[Post New]by BooBoo9339 on Apr 9, 16 11:04 PM
Please spread out the hos visits. We have so many hos scenes and zoom zones but we seem to be sent to the same ones over and over. Spread them around a bit. We have lots of characters and it would be nice if they didn't repeat.

Thank you,
Boo

Diane8722
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by Diane8722 on Apr 12, 16 3:19 PM
So as an Android player I have only been back in the game the last 24 hours, after a considerable break (not played at all for several weeks now) to participate in the Spring Event. I am glad to see the HOS drop rate has improved somewhat. However, I am still very disappointed with the idea of only getting 15 coins or a shard. I will continue playing through spring, as I am having fun with the morphing eggs, actually more than the HOS's because reward items have been improved for the event, not reduced as with the last "update". After spring, I doubt I will keep playing. During my "break" I found other games that I find more rewarding than Midnight Castle has been since the change to coins and shards instead of items.

So I have been rehabilitated from my daily MC addiction. I guess I can thank the "new" style for that. It seems pretty clear that the coins and shards for HOS drops are here to stay. Such a shame.

apollogold
Catfish
Catfish
1,584 Posts

[Post New]by apollogold on Apr 12, 16 5:29 PM
Ok... Has anyone else noticed, in their game, that the Drop Rate for the Smiles/Suns have greatly diminished from the Egg/Flower Drop? Seems I am not seeing them as often.... On another note, my Inventory Drop rate has greatly improved in the 52 HOS's that no longer show coin/shards in their Inventory Listing. I believe that the more you play... the better it gets. I just finished a complete round and my findings are listed below. I only kept track of the 52 HOS's and I will list only those that I DID receive coins/shards....

CASTLE AREA/13 HOS's without coins/shards
Game Table
Crypt
Scroll Storage
Castle Armory/Battle Pit

TOWN AREA/14 HOS's without coins/shards
Fabric Counter
Unique Dishes
Fire Spring

CLOUD CITY AREA/11 HOS's without coins/shards
Stone Sarcophagus
Book-lover's Shop
Expedition Camp

ELVYN FOREST AREA/6 HOS's without coins/shards
Shallow Waters
Arbor

DARK TOWER AREA/3 HOS's without coins/shards
Sepulcher

HARBOR AREA/5 HOS's without coins/shards
Armory

I feel my drop rate is a vast improvement over the last couple of days. I also seem to be getting more inventory from those HOS's that still show coins/shards, although I forgot to list them. I'll try to get track the next time I do another round...

Apollo / Shadow in the castle

crusader50
Clownfish
Clownfish
900 Posts

[Post New]by crusader50 on Apr 12, 16 9:50 PM
I too have noticed Sun/smiles not dropping as often, I am mostly getting coins and eggs. Don't need as many eggs as I am in dire need of Sun's to get the spring cake avatar.

I am also noticing my drop rate is improving a bit but not really paying much attention. Maybe tomorrow I will pay more attention

[Post New]by ReallyHelpless on Apr 13, 16 5:25 AM
apollogold wrote:Ok... Has anyone else noticed, in their game, that the Drop Rate for the Smiles/Suns have greatly diminished from the Egg/Flower Drop? Seems I am not seeing them as often.... On another note, my Inventory Drop rate has greatly improved in the 52 HOS's that no longer show coin/shards in their Inventory Listing. I believe that the more you play... the better it gets. I just finished a complete round and my findings are listed below. I only kept track of the 52 HOS's and I will list only those that I DID receive coins/shards....

CASTLE AREA/13 HOS's without coins/shards
Game Table
Crypt
Scroll Storage
Castle Armory/Battle Pit

TOWN AREA/14 HOS's without coins/shards
Fabric Counter
Unique Dishes
Fire Spring

CLOUD CITY AREA/11 HOS's without coins/shards
Stone Sarcophagus
Book-lover's Shop
Expedition Camp

ELVYN FOREST AREA/6 HOS's without coins/shards
Shallow Waters
Arbor

DARK TOWER AREA/3 HOS's without coins/shards
Sepulcher

HARBOR AREA/5 HOS's without coins/shards
Armory

I feel my drop rate is a vast improvement over the last couple of days. I also seem to be getting more inventory from those HOS's that still show coins/shards, although I forgot to list them. I'll try to get track the next time I do another round...

Apollo / Shadow in the castle

This is a huge change and I doubt many people know about it, Apollo. It may be worth it to start a new thread on this so this information spreads more quickly. Okay! Color me happy !

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Apr 13, 16 10:29 AM

Edited on 04/14/2016 at 8:25:37 AM PST

Go to: