bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Soap Opera Dash

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Dec 14, 10 12:12 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Soap Opera Dash? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

CEdem
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Soap Opera Dash

[Post New]by CEdem on Dec 14, 10 1:49 AM
With the word DASH in the title, of course I had to download this right away.
15 minutes into the demo, not bad!!

A cooking dash meets Sallys Salon with a twist....very interesting!!!

A lot to do, my favorite thing is the familiar faces: bookworm guy is there, and the guy that eats twice is the cameraman

Least favorite: the pop-ups to pick the right hair style etc.

I'm sure with a little more play time this will get easier and will probably be a buy for me.

bertiepuppy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by bertiepuppy on Dec 14, 10 1:55 AM
I enjoyed it but I am not sure whether I will buy it. I have a few saved for this month (assuming I get my credit this month as I didn't last month).

cathy1200
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by cathy1200 on Dec 14, 10 2:33 AM
Played 45 minutes and finished the first "season". There is lots to do and the time sped away. I will purchase this evening after work.

You are responsible for props,, makeup, hair, wardrobe, scripts, and getting the cameraman to work. I can see where it will get really hectic later on. It seems to have achievement awards.

I think it is a great game.

pixie30
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by pixie30 on Dec 14, 10 3:51 AM
I love it! its a bit different to the other dash games but still very good. I bought it as soon as my trial ended and now on the third studio and its getting tricky! Have got expert up til now but havent managed it on the third studio yet.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Dec 14, 10 6:28 AM
Very good dash game with a different, but very interesting storyline (soap opera theme). I have betatested it - played it today again to check technical problems - and liked it very much. A buy for me of course

[Post New]by Coronagold on Dec 14, 10 6:39 AM
Dream Day Divorce Dash.

Marm23
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by Marm23 on Dec 14, 10 6:52 AM
Just played 30 mins. of this and am enjoying it. Have most of the Dash games, however just wondered why there is no relaxed section on the game as I am sure it will get hectic and those of us a little older could then get the end.. Don't mind some stress but have enough at home without games adding to it

bruegel
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by bruegel on Dec 14, 10 7:55 AM
So glad this is finally out. I got to test this at the company and had a blast. Lots of stuff to do to keep busy. Wondering if any of my suggestions made it into the final game.

kitty1
Flounder
Flounder
2,194 Posts

[Post New]by kitty1 on Dec 14, 10 11:00 AM
Kind of mixed feelings about this one. I like that it is a new concept for a TM game, but I found it a bit boring-got expert fairly easily in the first 12 levels. Don't particularly like picking the hairstyles, etc--of course I really don't like the Sally's Salon type games. This one is probably a pass for me.

[Post New]by kimberly7777 on Dec 14, 10 12:35 PM
I also found it too easy for the entire hour demo. I wouldn't buy it based on that. Has anyone finish all the levels yet? I'd like to know if it ever gets more interesting and/or difficult...

DonnyDJ
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

[Post New]by DonnyDJ on Dec 14, 10 12:52 PM
Im halfway through the game and the difficulty picks up around the 19th level. Very glad I bought it, and additional replay value added because not only do you try for expert, but you try to get all green checks on each level by meeting smaller objectives. When you click on a level to replay it, you see if you got all of checks. For the first 15 levels or so, it was easy. However, it becomes challenging by level 25, so I am wondering what it will be like in 10 levels or so...

Don

Dara6028
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Dara6028 on Dec 14, 10 1:15 PM
I guess I'll be the lone voice of dissention here, but for a "Dash" game I was rather disappointed. I've loved all the other Dash games and the newer Avenue Flo games, but straight out of the gate something about this game just felt "off". It just couldn't hold my attention and I just found it to be boring ...

Sorry ...

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Dec 14, 10 1:18 PM
I love Dash games, but I don't like this one. It's really easy, yet there's way, way too much going on at one time. I didn't find it difficult, just annoying. Choosing hairstyles, outfits, and makeup takes away from the game, since another little screen pops up asking you to choose correctly. I don't get this part of the game. It's not fun or difficult. It's also kind of irritating having to go to every station (hairstyle, changing booth, makeup) and do something. It disrupts the flow of the game. I like that they tried to do something new and different from the typical restaurant dash games, but I feel like it didn't quite work out.

Catghost
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Catghost on Dec 14, 10 1:57 PM
CasualGran wrote:
bertiepuppy wrote:I enjoyed it but I am not sure whether I will buy it. I have a few saved for this month (assuming I get my credit this month as I didn't last month).

You didn't get your credits last month? Honestly, I can't imagine! BF is an OK site with respect for its customers, in my experience anyway, so if something went wrong I'lld say: tell the CS about it. I'm sure they will help you!

Good luck!

CasualGran, did you check up on your billing lately? Respect for it's customers, HA! BFG have a lot of things, but respect for it's customers isn't among it.

With that said, I want to say that I beta'd this game and at that point wasn't very pleased with it. But they seem to have listened to the testers and I like what they came up with. No buy for me, as I am not that into Dash-games, but for those who like these games: get your coupons/credits/dollars (pounds, euros, Aus-dollars, all plus one pound, euro, Aus-dollar) ready. You're going to love this one!

DonnyDJ
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

[Post New]by DonnyDJ on Dec 14, 10 3:09 PM
Imberis wrote:I love Dash games, but I don't like this one. It's really easy, yet there's way, way too much going on at one time. I didn't find it difficult, just annoying. Choosing hairstyles, outfits, and makeup takes away from the game, since another little screen pops up asking you to choose correctly. I don't get this part of the game. It's not fun or difficult. It's also kind of irritating having to go to every station (hairstyle, changing booth, makeup) and do something. It disrupts the flow of the game. I like that they tried to do something new and different from the typical restaurant dash games, but I feel like it didn't quite work out.

You love dash games? Cool...just interesting that almost all of your 300+ posts have to do with hidden object games lol...

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Dec 14, 10 3:41 PM
I'm really enjoying the game and used a credit on it.

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Dec 14, 10 4:37 PM
DonnyDJ wrote:
Imberis wrote:I love Dash games, but I don't like this one. It's really easy, yet there's way, way too much going on at one time. I didn't find it difficult, just annoying. Choosing hairstyles, outfits, and makeup takes away from the game, since another little screen pops up asking you to choose correctly. I don't get this part of the game. It's not fun or difficult. It's also kind of irritating having to go to every station (hairstyle, changing booth, makeup) and do something. It disrupts the flow of the game. I like that they tried to do something new and different from the typical restaurant dash games, but I feel like it didn't quite work out.

You love dash games? Cool...just interesting that almost all of your 300+ posts have to do with hidden object games lol...

LoL. Most of the time I don't have time (or really the want, lately) to review games, but I did for this one, probably because it was disappointing to me. I love the regular Diner Dash games, but my favorites are the Cooking Dash games. I still haven't had time to finish the last one, though.

JumpingGen
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by JumpingGen on Dec 14, 10 5:10 PM
I like this one. The game play doesn't flow as well as the other dash games, but it's still enjoyable. The concept is fun and I love that they've done something creative and new, rather than just pumping out Diner Dash/Cooking Dash #100.

[Post New]by lovinumadly2 on Dec 14, 10 6:12 PM
This game is so boring! Because of the game title "Soap Opera Dash" I purchased this game without playing the one hour trial. Do not waste your money! They must be running out of Time Management games because this one is definitely stretching it! Hated it! I've been a member for a couple of years, but I find that they are developing less and less time management games. It may be time to cancel this membership and do more reading and playing my Wii games. Ugh!!!!!

Go to: