bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any Soap Opera Dash technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Dec 14, 10 12:13 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

Re:Post any Soap Opera Dash technical issues here only

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Dec 14, 10 1:00 AM
Downloaded and when I tried to open the game it got as far as Playfirst coming across the screen then I got the dreaded message of death. The error message reads as follows :
Access violation at 0x100001832 ( tried to read from 0x07031000) program terminated. Done the uninstall and reinstall and still the same thing. I know my system is up to date I check for new updates on a daily basis plus hubby is a IT man so he makes sure everything stays up to date. I've never had this problem before with any of the other Playfirst games or any of the Dash games. Really would like to try this one but unfortunately I cannot. Hopefully there will be a fix for this.

Edited on 12/14/2010 at 3:43:45 AM PST

[Post New]by pisceschick on Dec 14, 10 1:00 AM
Thought I'd let you know the link to the forum from the game page doesn't work. It does a search for the title instead of linking to this forum. Does that qualify as a technical issue? lol

ojennifer
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by ojennifer on Dec 14, 10 1:37 AM
Gigantic problem here

When you put the star into the hair station and it says choose the hair style, there is no way to do this. There are no arrows to actually change the hair, just the button that says done, and it is wrong.

I think that is a huge thing to overlook when testing the game out.

[Post New]by landroverman22 on Dec 14, 10 2:04 AM
Game freezes at beginning clapper won't move all the way.

cathy1200
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by cathy1200 on Dec 14, 10 2:29 AM
On the hairstyle section, all of the hairstyles are on the left side of the face and you just click the one you want. It is not like the clothes choices with the arrows. The makeup worked the same way only the choices were on the right side of the face.

[Post New]by bilkees on Dec 14, 10 3:17 AM
I have never had a problem before with any of your games, but this one the mouse was very jerky and would constantly freeze for me - after 10 minutes I gave it away - and yet I have bought all the other Dash games, so not sure what the real problem is.

pixie30
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by pixie30 on Dec 14, 10 3:48 AM
Thats a shame you all are having problems, I seem to be very lucky as I havent had any. I have windows 7 and it runs fine.

Hope you all get it working properly soon..........fingers crossed!

beylia
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by beylia on Dec 14, 10 8:23 AM
In Chapter 1 - Level 8 there is a glitch for me. One of the judges (the one for 5 color matches) won't give me the checkmark even though I had 5 color matches on 3 different stations.

[Post New]by instacyn on Dec 14, 10 8:57 AM
just bought the game .... it starts but wont let me click on play and there is no sound...i never had any problems before....i try the help page but im already up to date ...dont know what to do??
HELP

[Post New]by emyb012203 on Dec 14, 10 10:41 AM
when i open the game, I get a black screen and then it minimizes to my desktop. Each time I try to reopen the game from the desktop it re-minimizes....

nevermind. somehow it works now. :-)

Edited on 12/14/2010 at 10:44:14 AM PST

asierrahiker
Marlin
Marlin
9,070 Posts

[Post New]by asierrahiker on Dec 14, 10 12:02 PM
For me the intro story was jerky and then at the end of it, the game just froze and I couldn't click out of it and into the actual game.

[Post New]by rrfranczak3 on Dec 14, 10 1:29 PM
emyb012203 wrote:when i open the game, I get a black screen and then it minimizes to my desktop. Each time I try to reopen the game from the desktop it re-minimizes....

nevermind. somehow it works now. :-)

I have seen this a few times, try to exit out from Firefox then run the game..that usually works

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on Dec 14, 10 1:50 PM
The game shut down with an "access violation" on scene 4 of episode 1, but it ran fine after I restarted it.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Dec 14, 10 5:44 PM
The waiting chairs are not upgrading equally - visually.

[Post New]by loluvly on Dec 14, 10 6:33 PM
it's not letting me click play game or any other button except for the "more games" button.... please help i would really like to try this game out.

Edited on 12/14/2010 at 6:35:32 PM PST

[Post New]by sricks56 on Dec 15, 10 5:52 AM
This is proably one of the biggest dissappointments I have ever experienced in this type of "Dash" game. The layout is awful and confusing in playing the game. Glad I did not buy.

gtagta
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by gtagta on Dec 15, 10 6:04 AM
And "props" freeze [can't be moved].

Rarely / can't move actors to makeup, hair salon, etc,

Edited on 03/31/2011 at 3:30:28 AM PST

[Post New]by lyieta98405 on Dec 15, 10 7:17 AM
asierrahiker wrote:For me the intro story was jerky and then at the end of it, the game just froze and I couldn't click out of it and into the actual game.

That is exactly what it is doing for me!

[Post New]by betz_k on Dec 15, 10 8:49 AM
In the level with the art, the tribal mask (prop) will not go on the wall.

Go to: