gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

Elf Bowling: Hawaiian Vacation - 14Dec2010 - Reviews and Comments

[Post New]by gimmegames on Dec 14, 10 12:14 AM
Post 'em if ya got 'em...

Tis the season for Elf Bowling! I think I own the first Elf Bowling. And I think I paid $20 for it even though it was a tad dated. I played a bunch of the demos of the sequels at the time, and preferred that one. But for $3, I reckon I'd best play this one again...

ajuma
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,142 Posts

Re:Elf Bowling: Hawaiian Vacation - 14Dec2010 - Reviews and Comments

[Post New]by ajuma on Dec 14, 10 12:28 AM
This is a fun bowling game...but NOT FOR KIDS!! Keep their ears covered as the insults are many....and funny!!! I love this game if I need to relax.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Dec 14, 10 12:43 AM
It took some hunting, but I did find my original Elf Bowling game, and bare elf butts still made me giggle. That one is very dated and pretty rudimentary (with emphasis on the "rude" lol), as I say. I also figured out that the one I demoed that I found most memorable was Elf Bowling 3, although I didn't feel like paying $20 for it at the time. I may have to hunt that one up again, since Big Fish doesn't seem to offer it...

Now that my brain is refreshed on this topic, maybe I'll get around to playing *this* demo lol...

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Dec 14, 10 1:40 AM
Played the first half hour of the demo. Snooze fest as far as humor so far. The first Elf Bowling games were edgy and rude. This one might be kid friendly.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Dec 14, 10 2:23 AM
Played the rest of the hour demo. Pretty much the same as the first half hour, although the scenery improves. Visually attractive and nice music, but the bowling bored me.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Dec 14, 10 6:19 AM
Average bowling game in my opinion. Not worth for me a buy (I prefer to play bowling on my wii). No buy for me

kitty1
Flounder
Flounder
2,194 Posts

[Post New]by kitty1 on Dec 14, 10 2:01 PM
I think this is a pretty fun game with great replay value. I think the elf's comments are pretty funny, especially "Leave Brittanny alone". Certainly worth $3

[Post New]by littlegamefisher on Dec 14, 10 7:21 PM
For $2.99, I think this is a steal. Bought it at full price awhile ago and don't regret it. Great graphics (strikes never felt or looked so good) and a fun sense of humor make this a game I keep coming back to when I want to unwind. As a bowling game, I think it's one of the better ones (it's predecessor's and Zombie Bowling are still good.) The options are varied and a few variations of games can be played. Only downside is that the insults repeat, but that's easily overlooked. If you like nonsensical bowling games, just get it.

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Dec 15, 10 9:42 PM
just got back to game manager to play some demo's....OMG...the elfs are replica's of my EX-hubby....no joke...LMAOPIMP...just trim the ears to scale and there he be, hawiian shirt, shades, sandals, shorts, beard...and no matter my aim they all look so familiar....STILL LMAO...i have not finished demo yet...but was a really fun change from the other games i enjoy...my score was in the potty but the 'elf pins' were spot on....they even have remarks that are sounds of my past life...and they all fall down very different so it just...well hystrical....nuff said...am enjoying this way to much...happy holiday

Edited on 12/15/2010 at 10:19:37 PM PST

Go to: