bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Cooking Academy

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Dec 14, 10 12:17 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Cooking Academy? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Cooking Academy

[Post New]by heatherington on Jan 4, 11 3:56 AM
I really enjoyed this for some reason or other. I tried to get the highest score I could and made it pretty high. Not my usual cup of tea, but enjoyable none the less.

[Post New]by yankeesonlygirl on Jan 22, 11 5:54 PM
Not bad. It was a different approach that I thought worked. It was a fun interactive game. Yet, the words "like a trained monkey can do better than that" was funny. I enjoyed all the different levels. Try it, it different and fun.

Branes
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by Branes on May 29, 13 7:27 AM
The game is fun, but I don't like that they dock you half your points for one tiny mistake, especially in the deviled eggs section. Trying to get all the eggs perfect is extremely difficult because there are so many. I've made many real-life deviled eggs (I was a chef years ago) and I've never made all of them perfect. Nor have I ever seen anyone make them all perfect.
I also think the frying system is much too fast. Food burns quickly. If you happen to miss grabbing an item, forget it. you lose. I realize it's supposed to be an arcade/strategy game, but be a little forgiving.

I'm also not happy with the idea that they give you an exam on an item you haven't yet cooked or practiced on, and even throw in a technique you haven't used yet, as in the quiche and sauteeing. Any teacher knows that you don't give an exam before you teach the subject matter. This is totally wrong. Parts of the game are fun, but parts are just badly designed just to make it harder.

The game is much too unforgiving. There should be difficulty levels for people who aren't as nimble fingered as others. I noticed that Cooking Academy 2 is a little easier and allows you to replay a section where you didn't do it perfectly. So, obviously they did learn from their mistakes.

Edited on 05/29/2013 at 8:58:46 AM PST

Go to: