bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any Slingo Mystery 2: The Golden Escape technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Dec 15, 10 12:30 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Blackie61958
Shark
Shark
12,595 Posts

Re:Post any Slingo Mystery 2: The Golden Escape technical issues here only

[Post New]by Blackie61958 on Dec 15, 10 12:39 AM
I GIVE UP !!

This is the message I received while trying to download this game:

This type of file can harm your computer.Are you sure you want to download Slingo8641076.exe?

I am not about to buy a $6.99 game so it can damage my $2,000+ laptop
CS is no help to me

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on Dec 15, 10 12:47 AM
Blackie61958 wrote:I GIVE UP !!

This is the message I received while trying to download this game:

This type of file can harm your computer.Are you sure you want to download Slingo8641076.exe?

I am not about to buy a $6.99 game so it can damage my $2,000+ laptop
CS is no help to me

This sounds like the ubiquitous "false positive" generated by your antivirus program.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Dec 15, 10 2:10 AM
I think it is a MS security false alarm. I get those on W7 frequently and just ignore them. Never had a game from BF mess up a computer in 5 years. A few won't stop running or open on W7 64 bit. I turned down my sec settings so MS quit asking my permission on every single link or download. Getting those on XP too. Only had one false positive on AVG in years, it didn't like the word Mahjong LOL, had to type it in ignore.

stevieferr
Clownfish
Clownfish
770 Posts

[Post New]by stevieferr on Dec 15, 10 6:03 AM
dont worry its fine if you know where your downloads coming from and Bigfish have never had a problem with viruses that i know of and ive downloaded hundreds its just a safety thing with your PC[wow 2k worth of pc mine cost me £250 to build lol]

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Dec 15, 10 7:17 AM
stevieferr wrote:dont worry its fine if you know where your downloads coming from and Bigfish have never had a problem with viruses that i know of and ive downloaded hundreds its just a safety thing with your PC[wow 2k worth of pc mine cost me £250 to build lol]

....and I haven't seen many, if any posts from you complaining about tech issues. LOL! Well done, for building your own, wish I could build a PC.

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Dec 15, 10 9:49 AM
I downloaded the free trial but when I go to play it, it "pops" but nothing happens and when I hit the play button again I get the message that a game is alrady playing. Any suggestions?

[Post New]by JimA395 on Dec 15, 10 11:17 AM
gameslvr wrote:I downloaded the free trial but when I go to play it, it "pops" but nothing happens and when I hit the play button again I get the message that a game is alrady playing. Any suggestions?

Having the same problem, here, too. I tried it a couple of times. Slingo: Egypt gave me that problem as well, but it would usually work if I tried it a few times. The Windows XP Task Manager shows that two instances of the SlingoMystery2.exe process generate when the game is started. I'm wondering if that could be the issue. Doesn't help with a solution however...c'mon BFG, help us out here!

RinneAlex
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by RinneAlex on Dec 15, 10 12:00 PM
gameslvr wrote:I downloaded the free trial but when I go to play it, it "pops" but nothing happens and when I hit the play button again I get the message that a game is alrady playing. Any suggestions?

There are a few games that have done this to me. I tried what someone else in the forums suggested. Start playing one of your other BF games, then quit. Then try to play this one. When I did that, it started right up. Not sure why it happens, but hey, whatever works!

sammybean
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by sammybean on Dec 15, 10 1:37 PM
Thanks RinneAlex
Tried your solution and it worked just fine

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Dec 15, 10 2:51 PM
When I wanted to start the game I got an immediate crash to desktop and the following error message:

Exception thrown: Class exception

App. version: 1.0.0.86
Compile Date: Nov 16 2010
Compile Time: 10:20:44
Origin: .\Application.cpp:1835
Function: Application::InitResourceLoaders
Estimated Vid Mem Usage (in bytes): 0
Guard Stack:

- <void_Thiscall Application::InitResourceLoaders(void) in .\Application.cpp>
- <void_Thiscall Application::InitEngine(int,char * []) in .\Application.cpp>

Unable to load any app-specific assets.

nene093035
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by nene093035 on Dec 16, 10 10:22 AM
Where it says ''Save & Quit'' does not work right. I tried that and I started the beginning of the dock chapter, but I was further into the chapter. Anybody else have that problem?

LaDeeDah
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by LaDeeDah on Dec 16, 10 1:26 PM
nene093035 wrote: Where it says ''Save & Quit'' does not work right. I tried that and I started the beginning of the dock chapter, but I was further into the chapter. Anybody else have that problem?

I played for about 10 minutes, clicked on Save & Quit and when I returned to the game later, I was back at the beginning. I thought that once I skipped the dialogue the game would continue where I left off. Didn't work this way. My game had NOT been saved.

[Post New]by allforhimg on Dec 16, 10 3:05 PM
After deleting and re-downloading the game, I tried opening it, however it never opened (that I could see), but apparently was running in the background because the "time's up" message just appeared. I'd love to try the "open another game first, then try opening Slingo" trick that others have said may solve the problem, but now my trial is used up. Any way to get that 60 minutes back?

[Post New]by suehawkinsmcclur on Dec 17, 10 9:11 AM
"There are a few games that have done this to me. I tried what someone else in the forums suggested. Start playing one of your other BF games, then quit. Then try to play this one. When I did that, it started right up. Not sure why it happens, but hey, whatever works! "

Well it doesn't work for me. The manager won't allow playing another game when one is supposedly already loaded. I have to restart my computer which is a MAJOR pain as I usually have work related programs up when I take a few minutes off to play. Having to restart the computer and re-log onto the server is very irritating and a waste of time. I would not buy another game that displays this problem no matter how much I liked the game itself.

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Dec 17, 10 2:02 PM
I went back in and deleted the game and downloaded it again and then it worked. Must have been a glitch. Thanks for all your suggestions.

pjmatt
Clownfish
Clownfish
523 Posts

[Post New]by pjmatt on Dec 18, 10 8:28 AM
I down loaded this game. It did not open. then I get the message my time is up,What the heck? Never got to play

Go to: