K_Drive
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Error: Access violation at 0x0292FA9D (tried to read from 0x71C01700), program terminated.

[Post New]by K_Drive on Dec 15, 10 6:50 AM
Just in the past two weeks I have been getting this error when I quit Word Monaco.

I have had the game for at least a year and have played it with no problems up until this recent error.

I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it from the Big Fish Games website. That did not solve the problem. I have read of similar "Access violation" error with Big Fish Games on various forums; but, I have not seen a solution to this problem.

I am running Vista Home Premium on a Dell Inspiron 1501 laptop.

Here is the error again:
Error: Access violation at 0x0292FA9D (tried to read from 0x71C01700), program terminated.

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

Re:Error: Access violation at 0x0292FA9D (tried to read from 0x71C01700), program terminated.

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Dec 15, 10 9:29 AM
Hi K_Drive!

I'd recommend checking out the following help article, which has some steps that have helped with access violations in the past:

Access Violation

If you continue to have any trouble or have any questions on the steps, please get in touch with Customer Support. Just let them know what you're experiencing and which steps you've already tried and they'll be happy to help further. Customer Support can be reached by clicking on the green envelope on the right-hand side of this page and then on the "Contact Us" section on the bottom left of the next page. Once you've entered your question and clicked to "Check for Answers," you'll be led to our Help pages. If these haven't helped, your question can be submitted from here.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to one of our Live Chat representatives from 9:30am-4:30pm PST Monday-Friday. To get started, just visit your “My Game Club" page.

Hope this helps!

-bfgDonau

K_Drive
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Re:Error: Access violation at 0x0292FA9D (tried to read from 0x71C01700), program terminated.

[Post New]by K_Drive on Dec 15, 10 5:05 PM
I checked the link you provided. It said to make sure my system was up-to-date.
I am running DirectX 11. My video card is fine.
I am confused. This game was working fine up until a couple of weeks ago.
I guess I will have to contact customer service like you suggested..

K_Drive
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by K_Drive on Dec 22, 10 8:14 AM
Woohoo!

I uninstalled the Big Fish Games Manager and Word Monaco.
I then downloaded them/installed them fresh.
Everything is working with no error message when I close the program.

So, I did not contact Customer Service. I hope they are not too disappointed. : )

Have a good holiday.

K

[Post New]by ccintrouble on Mar 22, 14 5:13 AM
I have been having the same problem. I have to remove big fish from my computer and reinstall it. It will work fine for a few game downloads but than I get the error message. I thought maybe it was my security system but I always push accept for the bigfish downloads when I reinstall it.

Go to: