textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

Full Game Review

[Post New]by textrekkie on Dec 15, 10 1:14 PM
After demoing the game two days ago, I decided to purchase it because I wanted to see more of the story. And I'm glad that I did. Without rehashing the translation issues, or things stated in my review of the demo, the story itself is quite charming, about a woman who tries on a bracelet and gets teleported in time back to several different periods where she must find the gems to complete the bracelet so she can return home. The game is straight hidden object with mini-games during and between scenes. Total game play using no hints and no skips for me was 3.75 hours. There is no misclick penalty and hints recharge very quickly. Puzzles may be skipped after two minutes. And please note, I did not experience a single malfunction anywhere in the game--no freezing, lock-ups, no disappearing cursor. I exited the game during play using <ALT TAB> and came back with no difficulty. I changed options during game play like full screen to window with no problem, turned music up and down--again, without problem. I couldn't find a single problem whatsoever with playing the game at any point. And I was trying very hard to find a problem. I went in and out of scenes in the game with no problem, clicked all over the screens, on and off the page, nada.

I found the graphics and art to be beautiful and very well done with the hidden objects well hidden but some a bit small; however, I found that by adjusting brightness and contrast on my monitor, I had no difficulty locating the objects.(But I also have to adjust brightness and contrast on almost every game I play these days) In some of the scenes you are given silhouettes of objects to find. The visual and sound effects in the game were also well done with fires crackling and frogs croaking, etc. The music in the game changes with each of the locations and is appropriate to the time period and location.

(continued)

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

Re:Full Game Review

[Post New]by textrekkie on Dec 15, 10 1:16 PM
(continued)

Mini-games. For me, I like a variety of mini-games--but then, I'm a puzzle fanatic so you can't judge by my wants. Most straight hidden object games that I play (Mystery PI, Big City Adventure) have four or five different types of mini -games and they are all easy. The mini-games here ranged from card matching, simon-type, (more on this later) and applying things in correct order. Would love to see more variety. As for the simon (sequence matching) it all comes at the end of the game and in my opinion (and please understand that in all of the world, these types of games are my least favorite) there is too much of it. But, the good news is, it can be skipped.

Overall, I give this game 3 stars. It is a terrific first effort by the Color-Brush team and I really am looking forward to their next game.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 15, 10 2:24 PM
Thanks so much for this review, Textrekkie.

I only played the demo yesterday, and I also didn´t have any technical problems.

I too am not fond of "Simon says" mini games where you have to repeat things in a sequence (often endlessly) - especially when I have already played the game for a while and my eyes (and mind) are getting tired.

And it sounds like the game is a decent enough length too. Can´t say anything else, you´ve already said it all.

[Post New]by georgetate2 on May 15, 11 6:47 PM
I can't get the game to start?
It seems that I had a bad download.

[Post New]by georgetate2 on Jun 5, 11 3:05 PM
My game won't play! I really didn't care for it very much. Can I exchange it for another one?

[Post New]by georgetate2 on Jun 5, 11 3:08 PM
I'm stuck with a game that won't open and play. What do I do?

Go to: