bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Dec 16, 10 12:05 AM
Welcome to Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Can't load game

[Post New]by mmrrnc on Dec 17, 10 10:13 AM
I cannot load this game. Has anyone else experienced this problem and how did you fix the problem?

Re:Welcome to Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny forum

[Post New]by kayleebirdy on Dec 17, 10 11:01 AM
I've never played a large file game of this type before. Could someone please tell me the how-tos? I'm used to reg. hidden object games.Thanks!

cinder555
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,217 Posts

[Post New]by cinder555 on Dec 17, 10 7:33 PM
Welcome to the Pond

Kayleebirdy - I have PM - personal message - you

To pickup the message click on My Messages

mmrrnc - Have you ever played a adventure game?

Do you mean start this game or download the game from BFG.com
To start this game - hit start to save where you are in the game = save game
When you come back to the game = load - and click on the save game picture where you ended with

[Post New]by Solunaris on Dec 19, 10 7:13 PM
I'm having a little bit of trouble in the game. I made it a good way into the game and need to defuse the bomb in the power plant. I looked up the walk through to see what to do yet everything fails and I blow myself up.

I have removed the screws and the cover but my fire exstingure is now empty. I cannot free the mercury sensor and I cannot touch anything inside the bomb without making it explode.

Does anyone have ideas. I've tried refering to the walkthrough but it isn't helping. It seems to lack in infomation on how to touch the inner bomb without freezing the sensor. Nicole says I better not touch it now. Anything could set it off.

Help would be nice.

cinder555
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,217 Posts

[Post New]by cinder555 on Dec 20, 10 11:28 AM
Did you try the other walkthrough at game.. ? PM you the location

[Post New]by megandasilva on Dec 20, 10 1:38 PM
I'm having a whole lot of trouble at one part of the game and I've looked through many forums and walkthroughs to see if I'm doing something wrong.

I am current at the amusement park and I have the box of shots for the Air Gun, when I go to the shooting game and select the air gun, it takes up majority of my screen. I am not able to focus the gun on anything and I can only move it up and down a few inches. It won't shoot or the cursor doesn't even show up.

I've replayed the game until that point and again I am stuck. I've done everything the walkthrough says, I've checked forums and I'm still stuck. Because of this one part I can't get any further into the game!!

Someone Please HELP!!!!

cappy54
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by cappy54 on Dec 28, 10 8:09 PM
I finished it..Did NOT like the ending!...Otherwise there are parts of the story where it is very good and you are immersed in play and characters.

But I must say. I enjoy all The Art of Murder games...

My favorites:
The bomb,Crane,Lab and Database,The posts with Alligators(Very Cool!)

[Post New]by joziesweb on Dec 29, 10 12:24 PM
I have tried and tried to pull a strip of tape to fix the boat engine... used my hand, the scissors and nothing doing... help

[Post New]by Gilmer on Jan 1, 11 9:16 AM
I am playing the demo version prior to purchasing and there were no instructions. I can pick up the box that was delivered, whic I have already opened; however, a not able to manipulate it. I got a close up look a couple of times....by accident....and was there was something in the box;however....how do I use objects in inventory?

[Post New]by maziej1973 on Jan 6, 11 9:01 AM
Ok...I am stuck. I opened the box that was left outside the FBI building but I can not get the wrapper from ****...I can't do anything. Can someone please help me or send me a saved game or something.

Thanks....

[Post New]by Sazerac on Jan 8, 11 3:59 PM
Can anyone please help? I'm in the cinema and trying to open the stage curtain. I can spin the wheel clockwise until it stops, but when I try to grab my bucket of bricks from inventory, my cursor changes to a spinning hourglass and I have to sit and watch the wheel unwind to the starting point. Does anyone have a suggestion??

[Post New]by DELISHA14 on Jan 10, 11 5:41 PM
I am also having a problem at the cinema opening the curtain. I tried to put the bucket of bricks on the handle of the wheel,but an hourglass stops me from doing it can anyone help.

Edited on 01/10/2011 at 5:42:15 PM PST

[Post New]by DELISHA14 on Jan 11, 11 9:10 AM
DELISHA14 wrote:I am also having a problem at the cinema opening the curtain. I tried to put the bucket of bricks on the handle of the wheel,but an hourglass stops me from doing it can anyone help.
I figured it out you have to be fast.As soon as the wheel stops to turn and you here the clicking sound than put bucket of bricks on handle before it starts to turn again.I hope I helped someone else that's stuck on this.

[Post New]by Gilmer on Jan 11, 11 10:38 AM
Can someone please tell me how to activate objects in inventory. I have tried all the tricks I know and cannot use inventoried items.

cinder555
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,217 Posts

[Post New]by cinder555 on Jan 11, 11 8:48 PM
Left click - action things and skip the talking double left - running
Right click - examine things/look close

ESC key - hit twice skips the intro at the beginning
? - Hints

marlodear
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by marlodear on Jan 13, 11 9:12 AM
Ok, Let me start with helping, then to my quesion.

When you open the box, you are not done. Move the cursor down so your inventory window pops up. Put your cursor over the box and RIGHT CLICK, not left as we are use to. You use a lot of right clicking in this game. Using it will pull things from the inventory for you to check and sometimes use. When inestigating an item in the scenes, use it to get Nicole to tell you things that may help. Took me forever and working through the previous tip, to understand this and make it work.

Second, after you have right clicked on an object in your inventory, and the large window pops up for a better look, you can turn the items around to inspect them at different angles, by putting the cursor over it and holding down the LEFT CLICK button. This is how you get to the items in the box. Sometimes you can get the light bulb wtihout doing it, but you can't get the bolt.

This game is very difficult and slow. I'm not truly fond of having to use he walkthrough and/or forums to get through every other step in the game. Had I been able to play the tiral first, I probably would not have purchased the game.

Now for my questoin. I have the fork, the gum, the key, and the screwdriver completed. But when I go back to the bathroom, it won't let me do anything. It tells me the items do not go together. I also only get the label of grating, no mention of a padlock. I also can not get the bartender to give me the oil. What have I missed or do need to do next? I'm getting ver y frustrated!!

[Post New]by maziej1973 on Jan 14, 11 11:29 AM
Can someone please send me a saved game after the box outside the FBI building. I am having major problems. Can you also tell me how to install it....I am going crazy here.

Thanks,
Mazie

[Post New]by naynay0510 on Jan 15, 11 1:03 PM
Everyone has gotten further than me...I have repeatedly tried to use the nail file to open the box and cannot even get that far. It will not allow me to open. Is there a trick to this?

[Post New]by Sazerac on Jan 17, 11 6:17 PM
DELISHA14 wrote:
DELISHA14 wrote:I am also having a problem at the cinema opening the curtain. I tried to put the bucket of bricks on the handle of the wheel,but an hourglass stops me from doing it can anyone help.
I figured it out you have to be fast.As soon as the wheel stops to turn and you here the clicking sound than put bucket of bricks on handle before it starts to turn again.I hope I helped someone else that's stuck on this.

Thanks Delisha14, I had almost given up playing because of this!!

Go to: