bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Dec 16, 10 12:29 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

Re:Post any Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny technical issues here only

[Post New]by doctorgood on Dec 16, 10 2:51 AM
I downloaded the trial and during the download I was offered an update from Direct-X. I accepted and downloaded it.
When I start the game it's very jerky and the music cuts in and out. I'll check with TS in a little bit but I figured I'd mention it here also. I have plenty of space left so that's not an issue.
Dr.good

guylee1
Marlin
Marlin
8,309 Posts

[Post New]by guylee1 on Dec 16, 10 3:04 AM
I got the same results Dr. If you find out why please let me know. Thanks.

lee

Gubey2001
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Gubey2001 on Dec 16, 10 3:11 AM
The same thing happened to me but after I downloaded Direct X the screen remains black although the game is running in the background because I keep losing time. I rebooted my computer but to no avail. I hope they fix this problem. Gubey2001

[Post New]by jenniewalshe on Dec 16, 10 5:10 AM
I am having the same prob as Gubey2001. I updated DirectX but when I open the game I have a completely black screen but can hear the game running in the background.

maryerbe
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by maryerbe on Dec 16, 10 5:14 AM
the same here the music keeps cutting out ,its like cracking had no problem with down load also the direct x i said yes to but must already have it ,also the cursor is very jerky any 1 have that problem? thanks have a great day all

[Post New]by tlemon8 on Dec 16, 10 5:16 AM
Same as all the above w./soundf

graytori
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by graytori on Dec 16, 10 6:02 AM
When I was DL trial version, a box came up to install Direct-X I accepted. I already had current D-X. I played game and got all things in apt and woman was moving as I directed her to, but it is full screen no menu box or inventory box. To get out I had to ctrl-alt-delete. I read in forums some were having issues with this game. I will try to un-install and re-install to see if this makes a difference. Hopefully this is a glitch that will be worked out by BF.

lindaa1
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by lindaa1 on Dec 16, 10 6:35 AM
I got the 'out of range' message after launching. Not that bothered though, didn' look that good anyway!

bettums
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by bettums on Dec 16, 10 7:43 AM
Well, I have finally given up!! I have 39 minutes left to play and haven't gotten past the start menu. I downloaded and when the DirectX box came up I complied and installed. The game froze so I uninstalled and redownloaded without installing the DirectX. Game froze. I uninstalled and downloaded the driver update as recommended. Game still frozen. So, I give up. Hopefully there will be a fix or perhaps another recommendation. Too bad, I would liked to have played the demo.

redrosesdz
Catfish
Catfish
1,691 Posts

[Post New]by redrosesdz on Dec 16, 10 8:01 AM
Same problem as most in here ... music cuts in and out, everything is jerky, no menu or inventory. Plus the right side is cut off and I have a wide screen monitor. I first noticed that the title was off-center, but then I saw that the last part of some of the dialog was cut off. I'm assuming that the menu, inventory, and a way to leave the apartment is in the cut off part. Therefore, no way to play this game.

[Post New]by AZMOCHI on Dec 16, 10 8:11 AM
I am so happy to hear that the problem seems to be the game and not me. I too got a blank screen and had to alt/delete/control to get out. I have uninstalleld the game and will wait for BF to fix the problem since I now know its not my computer that is broke. Thank you guys for making this old lady feel better about her computer skills. lol

stevieferr
Clownfish
Clownfish
770 Posts

[Post New]by stevieferr on Dec 16, 10 8:19 AM
i didnt bother with the direct x download mainly cos i never trust anything that just pops up and asks you to download.....still didnt make any difference just got black screen i couldnt get out of without shutting me laptop down,trying a second download to see if same happens if same happens im giving up and waiting for tomorrows rubbish game and download problem lol..................whats happened to Bigfish lately

KathyGriggs
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by KathyGriggs on Dec 16, 10 8:28 AM
doctorgood wrote:I downloaded the trial and during the download I was offered an update from Direct-X. I accepted and downloaded it.
When I start the game it's very jerky and the music cuts in and out. I'll check with TS in a little bit but I figured I'd mention it here also. I have plenty of space left so that's not an issue.
Dr.good

Same here!

cece2u45
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by cece2u45 on Dec 16, 10 8:54 AM
The beginning was very jerky, I only played for a short time, so I am not aware of any other problem's, I hope when I return to play all will go well.
I am glad I am not the only one that had the jerk's

scpotamus
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by scpotamus on Dec 16, 10 9:30 AM
The cutscenes are jerky with sound choppy. the cursor is difficult to control, sluggish. (The inventory and menu are down at the bottom, they pop up when you take your cursor down low enough. That part works for me.)

I love these games and I would really like an answer or fix to the choppy cutscenes and sluggish cursor. I cut off the shadows and fx and the background animations which helped minimally with the sluggish cursor.

I have the previous one of these and have the same problems with it, but it is such a good game, I just dealt with it. I sure would appreciate a fix for this.

Oh yeah, also, I allowed the Direct X to check and It said I had the same or newer version, so it didn't change anything. Could my Direct X be TOO new? LOL!

Edited on 12/16/2010 at 9:40:07 AM PST

elde
Catfish
Catfish
1,597 Posts

[Post New]by elde on Dec 16, 10 9:36 AM
same problems here...hope this will be fixed soon b/c I really want this game...keeping fingers crossed

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Dec 16, 10 10:00 AM
Hi everyone!

For issues with the game running slow or choppy, I'd recommend taking a look at this help article, which has helped with similar issues in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you continue to have any trouble, please contact Customer Support. Just let them know what you're experiencing and which steps you've already tried and they'll be happy to help further. Customer Support can be reached by clicking on the green envelope on the right-hand side of this page and then on the "Contact Us" section on the bottom left of the next page. Once you've entered your question and clicked to "Check for Answers," you'll be led to our Help pages. If these haven't helped, your question can be submitted from here.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to one of our Live Chat representatives from 9:30am-4:30pm PST Monday-Friday. To get started, just visit your “My Game Club" page.

Hope this helps!

-bfgDonau

scpotamus
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by scpotamus on Dec 16, 10 10:19 AM
Ok tried that on the Hunt for the Puppeteer and it worked!!! Going to buy and download Cards of Destiny now! Thanks!! Had no idea that the Aero had so much affect. Course I changed it to XP compatible too. Thanks so much.

Makes me wonder if it is just the Aero...

Edited on 12/16/2010 at 10:23:02 AM PST

scpotamus
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by scpotamus on Dec 16, 10 10:49 AM
Ok, I also have Chronicles of Mystery, the scorpio ritual which had the same problems and just tried it with JUST the Aero being turned off. Didn't do the compatibility or admin stuff. The choppy cutscenes no longer choppy. YEAH!!!

The cursor is still a little sluggish, but maybe turning off the background stuff might help that!!

Turn off your Aero everybody!!!

Go to: