belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

Help please; I'm stuck! Possible spolier!

[Post New]by belamba on Dec 16, 10 1:20 AM
I've got the box, but no items that I should be able to see according to walkthrough! A bulb and a bolt? Been everywhere over and over...but can't progress. So if anyone can help please, I'd be grateful.
Read the walkthrough over and over too. Wondering if it's a glitch as walkthrough states I should have two items, but they still in the box from what I can see.

birdboysf
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Re:Help please; I'm stuck! Possible spolier!

[Post New]by birdboysf on Dec 16, 10 2:02 AM
I have the same issue: How do you get the items out of the box?

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Dec 16, 10 2:04 AM
Hi Belamba, I found this quite difficult. Highlight to read.

When the box is in your inventory,rightclick to bring it larger. If you look closely it appears that the box will rotate. All I did was to click all over the box and it eventually turned around and I could pick up the bulb and the bolt.
Please could you let me know if this work for you? Thanks. Ann

ETA Changed left click to right click. Thank you Marypenn

Edited on 12/16/2010 at 4:24:31 AM PST

[Post New]by kpeel79 on Dec 16, 10 2:07 AM
I'm having the exact same problem (glad its not just me).......I have the box and the magnifying glass, but I can't do anything with them.

[Post New]by kpeel79 on Dec 16, 10 2:16 AM
I just tried what u said and the box is not getting bigger when I left click on it.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Dec 16, 10 2:39 AM
kpeel79 wrote:I just tried what u said and the box is not getting bigger when I left click on it.

Hi, I cannot go back in to the game at the moment, because I decided to buy it and it is taking some time to DL and activate being a v. large file. I will go back in and check again what I did, (under a different profile). I will come back to you as soon as I can, unless someone else answers before me.

Welcome to the Pond

birdboysf
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by birdboysf on Dec 16, 10 2:56 AM
Goodness! So awkward but I do see now there is an eye AND a hand on the mouse left/right click. I don't mind reasoning out what to do with an object but this game seems to have some jumps in logic that follow maybe once you know your objective, but I am not sure I would deduce them on my own. It's kinda daffy like you're MacGruber constructing devices from discarded items. How do you tell what's needed or which is relevant? Maybe that's what some people find interesting about this kind of game. Not me.
Although I don't mind looking for a needle in a haystack if I know which haystack, it's a bore to wander around trying to find missing elements not knowing what's essential.
But at least I made it out of the apartment and to Gentle Bob's.
Thanks for the NEEDED nudge. This is one clunky game.

Edited on 12/16/2010 at 3:01:08 AM PST

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Dec 16, 10 3:31 AM
birdboysf wrote:. It's kinda daffy like you're MacGruber constructing devices from discarded items. How do you tell what's needed or which is relevant? Maybe that's what some people find interesting about this kind of game. Not me.
Although I don't mind looking for a needle in a haystack if I know which haystack, it's a bore to wander around trying to find missing elements not knowing what's essential.
But at least I made it out of the apartment and to Gentle Bob's.
Thanks for the NEEDED nudge. This is one clunky game.
LOL! to above.

Hi. So you found out how to do it. Could you help kpeel as I am still waiting for my game to completely DL and activate?
I find it great not to have any handholding in these type of games and that is what is so interesting with the pond we are all so different. Or am I just crazy ??
Welcome to the Pond

marypenn
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by marypenn on Dec 16, 10 3:46 AM
I have somehow got the box to sit on the table. I rotated the box and was able to get the bolt. I don't know how I did it so I can't get the bulb. Help.

marypenn
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by marypenn on Dec 16, 10 3:58 AM
SPOILER
KPEEL,
Try right clicking the box in inventory, not left. This worked for me.
I would have typed this in white but I don't know how. When I tried to change to white, I got the word 'color' and gibberish. Would someone please tell me how to make the print white?

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Dec 16, 10 4:22 AM
Hi all. Highlight to read again.
The box does not need to be on the table to get the contents out. Right click on the box, while it is in the inventory, (apologies I said left click in error the last time). When it is larger hold down the left mouse to turn the box until you can see what is inside, then click the items as normal to pick them up.
She will tell you when the box is empty.

I hope this finally solves the problem for you.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Dec 16, 10 4:37 AM
marypenn wrote:SPOILER
KPEEL,
Try right clicking the box in inventory, not left. This worked for me.
I would have typed this in white but I don't know how. When I tried to change to white, I got the word 'color' and gibberish. Would someone please tell me how to make the print white?

Thank you for correcting my stupid error of left and right click.LOL!
Put your cursor at the beginning or end of the words that you want to highlight, hold down the left mouse to highlight as usual. Click on the text colour above and choose the white box.The result will look something like this. [color=#ffffff] Your words here and color in [ ] at end.

It sounds to me as if you did it right. I always preview my answers before I post, to see if I have done the right thing. OK? Ann

dotpet5
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

I always have so much trouble with these adventure games.

[Post New]by dotpet5 on Dec 16, 10 6:18 AM
Is there an adventure game that is easy for a beginner, I would like to learn to do these but find that I don't know what to do next. maybe something with a little more help. I'm getting tired of just playing hidden object games,,,although I love the ones like Drawn, etc. please help a senior broaden her horizons. thank you

LoveYa24
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by LoveYa24 on Dec 16, 10 7:30 AM
A lot of the items in inventory can be clicked on for a larger view. while you have the larger view, you should see a small hand, mouse, and arrow. the arrow tells you that you can rotate the larger view item.

SPOILER -
the bolt and the light bulb has words/numbers that you have to look at with your magnifying glass before the game will progress. to read the words on the bolt, you will have to combine some other items.

Hope that helps!

Audreyfavre
Herring
Herring
385 Posts

[Post New]by Audreyfavre on Dec 16, 10 9:23 AM
dotpet5 wrote:Is there an adventure game that is easy for a beginner, I would like to learn to do these but find that I don't know what to do next. maybe something with a little more help. I'm getting tired of just playing hidden object games,,,although I love the ones like Drawn, etc. please help a senior broaden her horizons. thank you

Hi Dot, try these: "Nancy Drew Dossier Lights, Camera, Curses" and/or
"Nancy Drew Dossier Resorting to Danger". I found these to be very intuitive with little need for hand holding, but fun at the same time.
Hope this helps.
Audrey

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Dec 16, 10 9:55 AM
Thanks soooooo much for your help with the box issue! I had to go out, and each time I restart the trial hour it takes 5 minutes to get through info screen.
I'll give it a go and hope I can get to grips with this before the time runs out!

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Dec 16, 10 9:57 AM
dotpet5 wrote:Is there an adventure game that is easy for a beginner, I would like to learn to do these but find that I don't know what to do next. maybe something with a little more help. I'm getting tired of just playing hidden object games,,,although I love the ones like Drawn, etc. please help a senior broaden her horizons. thank you

I'm useless at LFGs, but found Syberia and Syberia 2 my fave games of all time. And managed most of them without the walkthrough. They are fairly easy for beginners :-)
Hope this helps

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Dec 16, 10 10:06 AM
belamba wrote:Thanks soooooo much for your help with the box issue! I had to go out, and each time I restart the trial hour it takes 5 minutes to get through info screen.
I'll give it a go and hope I can get to grips with this before the time runs out!

Did you know that you can use the esc key going in to avoid the movie scenes, you can also use it after you save and quit to avoid them again?

suddensam
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by suddensam on Dec 16, 10 10:45 AM
I am so glad I'm not the only one having such a time with this game. I will try going back in to right click on the box. It's in inventory and can't seem to put it anywhere. But in the meantime, thanks to those of you that suggested some easier adventure games for me to get my feet wet with. Am downloading them now. I have tried a few of these and it seems that by what was posted in forums, I tried some of the hardest ones out there. So if I can learn from some easier ones I may be able to start buying these instead of waiting for adventure/hiddenobjects to come out. Seems I have gone through almost the whole list of HOBs. Need to learn these LFs, really like the thinking that is involved, just need to know how to play I guess. Thanks to all of you.

Go to: