Exactly HOW graphic?

ajuma
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,142 Posts

Exactly HOW graphic?

[Post New]by ajuma on Dec 16, 10 2:22 AM
I realize that a game like this isn't peaches and cream, but how graphic do they get? I'm ok with some stuff but some other things give me nightmares.

So, after some of you have played it through to the end, could you let me know just how "graphic" it is?

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

Re:Exactly HOW graphic?

[Post New]by peglegann on Dec 16, 10 2:45 AM
From memory of the other Art of Murder and what I have seen in this. The graphic content is in the cut scenes, which can be avoided by using the esc key. What would be graphic to you and graphic to me, could be completely different. Would it help to tell you I DO NOT like horror movies and do not like seeing blood in a TV programme? So I am pretty much a wuss . Hope that this helps a little.

[Post New]by dmcgrath1313 on Dec 16, 10 4:22 AM
HAHAHAHA please tell me ur kidden...its a game ...you know that right. am i being punked....

MarpleLover
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by MarpleLover on Dec 16, 10 4:28 AM
Just play the game with your eyes shut!

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Dec 16, 10 4:40 AM
dmcgrath1313 wrote:HAHAHAHA please tell me ur kidden...its a game ...you know that right. am i being punked....

As I said to ajuma, we are all different. I DO hope that you appreciate this and that they possibly have a genuine concern.

ETA. I do not have a concern, regarding the graphics on this or any other game. I like to think that I can help other fish in the pond, as and when needed. I do not appreciate being told to take my help elsewhere.
I will continue to help, as others help me. Thank you all.

Edited on 12/16/2010 at 5:28:57 AM PST

[Post New]by dmcgrath1313 on Dec 16, 10 5:06 AM
Oh i do appreciate it [removed by moderator]

Edited on 12/16/2010 at 10:18:42 AM PST

ajuma
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,142 Posts

[Post New]by ajuma on Dec 16, 10 5:42 AM
dmc, thanks for your helpful comments!

ETA: Anyone else?

Edited on 12/16/2010 at 5:56:26 AM PST

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Dec 16, 10 5:54 AM
dmcgrath1313 wrote:Oh i do appreciate it [removed by moderator]

Just exactly who died and left you in charge lil' feller?
You need to show a little respect to the other forum members here. This ain't the mall parking lot or some skate board park. There are actually adults here that know what the definition of civility is. Go ahead, go look it up I'll be here.
Dr.good

p.s.It's spelled forums

Edited on 12/16/2010 at 10:19:57 AM PST

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Dec 16, 10 6:09 AM

For your info DM, some of these HOG's can get quite graphic, otherwise BF would not put a warning on. I have played a few where it got quite gruesome. Don't go making fun of other players who like Ann and Dr. Good said have a genuine concern. To me it's not annoying. To me their questions aren't dumb. Why should they be subjected to something that really bothers them if they don't have to. Why don't you stay off the boards if you're going to belittle people like that. We don't need your kind here.

Sassy

Edited on 12/16/2010 at 10:20:20 AM PST

molla311
Stingray
Stingray
4,680 Posts

[Post New]by molla311 on Dec 16, 10 6:10 AM
Hi, I usually do not write here, but now I want to say a few words.

This is a forum for games, am I entitled?
Ajuma's questions is whether a game has things she reacts to.
In my eyes this is the place to ask such questions.
Also I think Ajuma could do it without getting your, not so friendly comments.
You say you like diversity, then you should also respect that we are different and have different issues. After all, I think there is room for both expert and amateur players here.
Another solution is to not read further when you see what the record is about.
Sorry if I write some wrong things, English is not my language.

[Post New]by dragonfairy5 on Dec 16, 10 6:22 AM
"Everyone" has their own thing that they are paranoid about and each is different.

Those same warning lables are placed on all game console games out there. Know how many adutls actually read or pay attention to them?

Posting a warning is the proper thing to do in case someone younger would start to play this game or any like it.

Wherein this is part of real life most can understand that. But people not wishing to play such a game does not mean that they are hiding from "what takes place on the street". They know it is there and just wish to not have to see it and possibly would not be able to tolerate it any better seeing it as reality anymore then seeing it on any screen.

ajuma
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,142 Posts

[Post New]by ajuma on Dec 16, 10 6:26 AM
Thanks Molla and all others who supported my question.

This game sounded good to me, but the waring made me wonder. I really don't like seeing graphic violence. If it's a DRAWN scene (like a cartoon), I'm pretty much ok, but if it's a "live" scene...that's a different story.

I'll give you an example: Have you ever seen the movie "Robin Hood"...the one with Kevin Costner? At his father's grave, he makes a vow and slices his hand with a knife. I look away EVERY time I see this movie!.

On the other hand, games like the Women's Murder Club don't bother me at all.

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Dec 16, 10 6:34 AM
ajuma wrote:Thanks Molla and all others who supported my question.

This game sounded good to me, but the waring made me wonder. I really don't like seeing graphic violence. If it's a DRAWN scene (like a cartoon), I'm pretty much ok, but if it's a "live" scene...that's a different story.

I'll give you an example: Have you ever seen the movie "Robin Hood"...the one with Kevin Costner? At his father's grave, he makes a vow and slices his hand with a knife. I look away EVERY time I see this movie!.

On the other hand, games like the Women's Murder Club don't bother me at all.

Gosh Ajuma I wish I could help better. I only had the game on long enough to see if it runs o.k. and then I bought it. I am like you in that respect with the cutting of the hand which I seen in quite a few movies and that does give me the willies too. I can't watch that either. Not only to think how dumb it is to mar yourself for any reason. I don't know if this game is going to go quite Stephen King but I can let you know when I get farther into the game. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Sassy

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Dec 16, 10 6:53 AM
Thank you to all who supported ajuma's question.
Can I repeat what my answer was earlier?
The esc key can be used to skip over the scenes and therefore the graphic content is minimised. I do hope that this helps ajuma and anyone else that is concerned regarding this.

ajuma
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,142 Posts

[Post New]by ajuma on Dec 16, 10 7:07 AM
Peg, thanks for that! Knowing that I can "escape" when it gets too graphic helps a lot!

Tundei
Clownfish
Clownfish
653 Posts

[Post New]by Tundei on Dec 16, 10 7:18 AM
Doctorgood

hubbasa
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by hubbasa on Dec 16, 10 8:21 AM
Just another "two cents" in support of the question and the answer - I let my grandson play games on my computer when he visits. Knowing that the content may be too graphic for a young child is extremely helpful for me since I don't always watch which of tthe BF games he chooses to play. I will of course do the demo first before purchasing but the potentially graphic scenes may not be revealed in the demo content.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Dec 16, 10 8:36 AM
doctorgood wrote:

Just exactly who died and left you in charge l'll feller?
You need to show a little respect to the other forum members here. This ain't the mall parking lot or some skate board park. There are actually adults here that know what the definition of civility is. Go ahead, go look it up I'll be here.
Dr.good

p.s.It's spelled forums

You go Dr. Good.

Edited on 12/16/2010 at 10:21:36 AM PST

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Dec 16, 10 10:27 AM
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to stop by to with a friendly reminder that our number one rule in the Forums is to treat other posters with respect. We want to be sure to keep an open and friendly environment for all posters and to make sure that no one gets hurt feelings.

If you’re concerned about the content of any posts in particular, it is important to not comment on the post(s) directly, but to instead report the situation to a moderator.

Please see our <as-html>Forum Rules and FAQS</as-html> and feel free to PM me with any further questions.

Thanks for your understanding and further positive discussion on the thread's original topic.

-bfgDonau

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Dec 16, 10 12:14 PM
doctorgood wrote:

Just exactly who died and left you in charge lil' feller?
Dr.good

p.s.It's spelled forums

yes as drgood said, we should all show respect for our fellow posters, new and old, , and be civil to everyone, we all have our own opinions. remember...there is tos for a reason.....

Go to: