This is NOT a HOG game !! if you don't play adv.games forget it..

[Post New]by lovestoseek on Dec 16, 10 12:18 PM
I know I'm not the smartest person around but I am pretty good with even the hardest HOG-adv. well not 13th skull.lolll..hate those dang cannons.. anyway where was I...I am not an all adv. game person..I just don't get them..and that is what this is..if you play these kind of games it looks like it would be a great game..I couldn't get anything to do anything but go down on the bar and I hate those dumb ? marks what kind of help is that ?? I did notice that at times they show her in a small door..going there seems to be the right move..and as far as voices..I heard the cat..that was all..but if you look at options there is a way to set them..mine was on all the way..but no voice..I have often wondered what these type of games were like well now I know. not for me..a shame because I have seen some that look tempting...oh well I guess I'll have to wait a little longer for a good HOG-adv..she does look good in those jeans though. If anyone that plays these games can tell me a easy way to learn how I would give it a try..or maybe theres a easy one to start on..I think I would like to play them..so what would be a good one to start with ??? ?? But don't call this a HOG..no way !!

Edited on 12/16/2010 at 1:06:12 PM PST

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

Re:This is NOT a HOG game !! if you don't play adv.games forget it..

[Post New]by bella81762 on Dec 16, 10 1:16 PM
start with the nancy drew series, they are good, help is clearly given, and starting with the early ones will ease you in..

[Post New]by lovestoseek on Dec 16, 10 1:39 PM
bella81762 wrote:start with the nancy drew series, they are good, help is clearly given, and starting with the early ones will ease you in..

Thanks much..I'll give it a go anyway..would be nice to have something else when theres no good HOGs around..

oakley007
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by oakley007 on Dec 16, 10 1:47 PM
I love the nancy drew series. Read all the books as a kid and my daughter and I have played all the games. Start with the early games(they started getting stranger as the series progressed.) ie: The Hauted Mansion, or Royal Treasure, etc. The dossier series are easier, but less adventure. The neat thing about ND is there is always something to learn from them. I find that fascinating! Good luck. Maybe we'll make an adventurer out of you! lol

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Dec 16, 10 1:47 PM
i recently during a hog dryspell gave gemsweeper a try...wow what a great way to pass time while waiting for a hog, its todays dd, also royal envoy, i guess its called a sim, is real good and long.....still a diehard hog fan, but i gotta have something to do while i am waiting

[Post New]by lovestoseek on Dec 16, 10 2:03 PM
oakley007 wrote:I love the nancy drew series. Read all the books as a kid and my daughter and I have played all the games. Start with the early games(they started getting stranger as the series progressed.) ie: The Hauted Mansion, or Royal Treasure, etc. The dossier series are easier, but less adventure. The neat thing about ND is there is always something to learn from them. I find that fascinating! Good luck. Maybe we'll make an adventurer out of you! lol

ya think ???? loll..well ya don't know until you try..but I sure couldn't get this one..wish I could I think I would like it..oh well maybe after I do Nancy I can come back and try this one again..have a great day..

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Dec 16, 10 3:59 PM
I agree with your remarks. The question mark is no use. It is too dark to see anything. I have played some adv games but this one takes the cake for being a no go. I tried for 10 minutes but now I am going uninstall this. Let's the adv games stay with those who likes them. 13th Skull's was great and along with the new Sherlock Holmes.

P.S. the walkthrough is very poor too!!!

Edited on 12/16/2010 at 4:01:34 PM PST

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Dec 16, 10 5:30 PM
Whoa, I'll tell you one thing,I was never able to get through a Nancy Drew game in my life and gave 5 games to my daughter. I found them impossibly hard plus very prone to get you lost! I do have the newer Nancy Drew Dossier: Lights,Camera,Curses,and it's very different and the only ND that I have ever been able to progress in. You may be better at them than I,but I hate ND games!

I saw on several threads here the recommendation for Chronicles Of Mystery: The Scorpio Ritual as being the easiest Large File Adventure at BF,so I got it,and it's my favorite. Stunning graphics,runs smooth as silk, plus an interesting story. I did consult the walkthrough a bit. That is the one I would recommend.

Otherwise I'm very happy with the new IH0Gs that have more of an adventure slant to them,and I believe I will stick with them. I can't recommend highly enough~ Midnight Mysteries: The Salem Witch Trials. My favorite IH0G of all now,even over MCF: RTR!

Edited on 12/16/2010 at 6:18:36 PM PST

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Dec 16, 10 7:11 PM
LOL--soblessed, you crack me up! I just love you...

I'm gonna take a look at Chronicles of Mystery: The Scorpion Ritual...don't think I've noticed that one before...or if I had, don't know why I didn't get it....

Go to: