amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Ballville: The Beginning

[Post New]by amj0963 on Dec 17, 10 1:25 AM
i love this game, it is so cute with the little alien characters. you not only play match 3 but you also have to search for the little critters and when you click on them they sound like cats lol. each little alien does different things, you also get special prizes that you can open as you go along.

some may think this is a kids game but it is adorable, i didn't want to quit playing. the match 3 screens are different each time and you get to choose which aliens you want to use. it looks like it is a very long game. the graphics are crisp and clear. i also like that it has an option for custom cursor.

i played until the demo ran out and i bought it.

i give this game 5 out of 5

Edited on 12/17/2010 at 8:31:04 AM PST

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Ballville: The Beginning

[Post New]by gimmegames on Dec 17, 10 2:32 AM
I've played about 20 minutes of the demo. It's not just same-old, and it's bright and colorful and interesting.

I did find myself turning down my brightness and contrast - I think the bright and flashy was getting to me - and I quit playing for now cuz I wasn't feeling too good. Maybe it's the bright flashy game, or maybe it's just me - so I'm taking a break and I'll go back to it another time.

Aside from that, I'd say it's worth a try. You do have a choice of timed or relaxed mode, and after awhile you get to choose which pieces (with power-ups) to play with.

Leemo
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by Leemo on Dec 17, 10 4:29 AM
I really like good match 3 games like Heroes of Helos 2 and Deep Blue Sea 2. Ballville has different rules and so far it seems interesting but not creative. I've only played it for half an hour so will report more when I figure out how to use the power-ups to max advantage

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Dec 17, 10 6:13 AM
I'm really enjoying this game. It's sweet with a dfferent take on M3 and HOG scenes.
Think it's a shame it a soft release, as so much better than many featured M3 games!
Just off to buy. Trial hour seemed to fly by :-))

amrith777
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by amrith777 on Dec 17, 10 8:09 AM
This game is awesome,adorable and whimsical--can't say enough good about it.Someone put alot of love and thought into the creation of this game.It's a very charming and refreshing welcome to the Match3 genre.

Lauralei
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by Lauralei on Dec 17, 10 8:17 AM
Yes, yes, yes, it's all the things above reviewers noted. This is an adorable, cheerful little game, lots of fun, many angles and things to do. A bit whimsy to brighten the day is always welcome I'm really enjoying it and I bet the kiddies will love it, too .

Absolutely worth a try.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Dec 17, 10 8:30 AM
Hi Fishies,

Popping in to sticky this thread. Thanks and happy posting!

-bfgArnoStyx

QEIII
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by QEIII on Dec 17, 10 8:43 AM
belamba wrote:I'm really enjoying this game. It's sweet with a dfferent take on M3 and HOG scenes.
Think it's a shame it a soft release, as so much better than many featured M3 games!
Just off to buy. Trial hour seemed to fly by :-))

I agree with every word if this and also what others have said. A really, really enjoyable M3 with the odd HOG scenes which are funny and different to usual.

hellfern
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by hellfern on Dec 17, 10 9:57 AM
Fast-paced and adorable, but I find it somewhat juvenile. Great for older youngsters, though!

[Post New]by StanC4 on Dec 17, 10 10:47 AM
I love this game. It's simply great. Sweet characters and nice cute sounds left any hesitating and I bought right after 10 minutes of play. The hidden object levels are hillarious and I'm afraid, I'll not be able to get out from my computer till all the levels will be completed. The games like this will make me game-o-holic somewhen.

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Dec 17, 10 12:31 PM
What a great match 3 game. Great game play adorable characters and just a new and fresh twist to the match 3 genre. I love the fact that each character offers something different and you can choose which one's you want when you play a level and they all help with their unique abilities. Bright colors cheerful atmosphere even the vampires are cute. You can preview the level before you play so you can choose the orbs that will help you the most. All of the little houses and buildings are just adorable. This is so different from any other match 3 I've played before and I bought it not long after I started playing it. It's a great game for kids and even for us big kids. Give it a try it is most definitely worth that. This little game is a definite keeper and it stands alone. Great game I just love it thanks Big Fish for this wonderful game.

Myriade99
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

[Post New]by Myriade99 on Dec 17, 10 1:00 PM
Wow!!, It's fun, original and super cute. I love saving the little critters (and the tasks are logical for the kind off little ball you're looking for). It's nice that you can choose between timer or not timer. Really enjoyable and it will go on my wish list.

Lauralei
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by Lauralei on Dec 17, 10 2:25 PM
StanC4, welcome to the Pond and the club for the hopelessly hooked. Post again soon. It's fun.

Genet1770
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by Genet1770 on Dec 17, 10 2:28 PM
I agree with all the enthusiastic comments posted in this thread about Ballville. It's a wonderful little Match-3, bright, colorful, charming, welcoming. The help/tutorial system for the individual features of the game is so well integrated into the play it's not a chore at all, nor does it pile all the extraneous information on you one after another as so many other games do. The little orbs are cute, and as mentioned already in this thread, each type has a special feature to it, which is a neat twist.

Gimmegames mentioned getting headachey, I think, and not feeling well after playing for about 20 minutes, which might or might not have been due to the game, but because of her (?) post, I'll add that yes, I too had problems of that nature. With me, it wasn't the bright and it wasn't the colorful, it was ... on the grid, as you do the matches, (which work flawlessly, btw, no drag, no slow-falling pieces, etc) the little orbs each have happy little movements they make. Then, there's a lot of activity of falling pieces as matches occur with a lot of frequency on their own. It was this, the combination of the little guys' movements, with the rapidly falling pieces that triggered a vision problem I have, and I got headachey, too, as Gimme did, and had to quit playing because of double-vision. I only mention this because we both had a problem of this nature, and I think those who do have challenged eyes might want to approach this game with care, but other than that, I'd tell everyone give this game a try at the very least. It's so young at heart that any age will enjoy it, it'd be a great family game, it's fine if you're at the big 7-0, too.

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Dec 17, 10 4:08 PM
I agree with the other fishies here to the extent that it is indeed a bright and cheerful game. But for whatever reason, I wasn't that thrilled about it. It's hard for me to say why. It's nicely done. I got kick out of the vampire orbs and it added an extra challenge. Overall, it's just not for me. Still, give it a try.

Edited on 12/17/2010 at 4:08:57 PM PST

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Dec 17, 10 4:08 PM
i bought from the dev when it was 1st released and its great, it does get harder as you go, you unlock a total of 2o different powerups i think. i actually liked it better then fishdom, and if its the same version as the dev had there are 100 bonus levels (which i started a while ago

[Post New]by mthrower on Dec 17, 10 5:36 PM
Has anybody gotten stuck on level 32? I can't seem to move past it. Maybe I am having serious brain issues, but doesn't seem as though it is working properly.

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Dec 17, 10 7:18 PM
This struck me (and I have not played it yet) as much like Trio. Is it? One Trio is enough, LOL. But if it is seriously different, I'll give it a try...

CynthiaV
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by CynthiaV on Dec 17, 10 8:17 PM
Very cute M3 game - really enjoying it. Agree with all the 'like' comments. Give it a try - it is worth a look.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Dec 17, 10 11:06 PM
so fun and so addictive!!

this is just a really great match-3 game! whether you're simply an M3 addict [hello! ] or you're looking for something that is bright, colorful, and ultimately the cutest thing i've seen this month - i urge you to try this one out!

after the demo buzzed by, i was absolutely hooked - but i knew about 20 mins in that this was just the sort of game that i would love to add to my collection = especially since my five year old niece is really getting into m3 and TM games... she loves aladdin and i'm sure she will enjoy this one as well!

you can adjust the volume on the effects and music, drop the custom cursor if need be [i like it and have had no issues ] , and decide how wide you want the playing field to be - windowed, full or wide... if the game looks a little squished [like mine did when i first opened it ] just play with the screen options in the game and find the one that works best for you!

the overall map shows you all the places and orbs you've discovered and as you play through the levels the land fills up with more and more items... and most of them are interactive - you can set off the fireworks, smoke up the volcano, send out satellite signals, and stir up the bats! it's just plain fun!

i'm very glad to have found this game and look forward to sharing it with my niece!

cuddle your inner child and give it a whirl!

Go to: