bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Post any Mystery of Mortlake Mansion technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Dec 17, 10 8:30 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

**Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking standard help with the game (ie. hints and tips), feel free to start a new thread with your question in the Game Forum.

Re:Post any Mystery of Mortlake Mansion technical issues here only

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Dec 17, 10 8:39 AM
The game was playing beautifully until the srenn blacked out, the computer went down and had to reboot at an earlier time. The error message was EXCEPTION_EXECUTE_HANDLER. When I restarted the game the error popped up again. When I tried another game, no problem at all.
This is a shame because besides being a lovely game that I just bought, frankly seeing my computer completely crash was fairly scarey. I did go to windows looking for that error and found nothing. I have XP and plenty of gig of ram.
Kris

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Dec 17, 10 10:13 AM
I did contact the live chat and uninstalled and reinstalled. Evidently an email is heading my way "at the end of the day". I'm a bit concerned here.
kris

driain
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by driain on Dec 17, 10 10:36 AM
Game was playing fine until the red portal was accessed and then computer crashed - Stop Error. Shame, seems like a decent game and a bit different from recent releases.

janierae
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by janierae on Dec 17, 10 10:39 AM
I purchased from other source and got this error EXCEPTION_EXECUTE_HANDLER also. They were unable to resolve. I am waiting for a refund.

When I saw this come up on BFG I thought maybe it would work now, I downloaded the demo, got the same error message and also something about .net Framework. I am running Windows 7 64 bit. Hopefully BFG can come up with a solution as this is a great game.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Dec 17, 10 10:45 AM
I have no music, no sound whatsoever ????????????? It's just dead silent.

karen876
Catfish
Catfish
1,524 Posts

[Post New]by karen876 on Dec 17, 10 11:14 AM
I keep getting two cursors. Everytime I go through a portal them a system cursor appears too (at varying distance to the custom one).

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Dec 17, 10 11:24 AM
Hi Fishies,

For those receiving the EXCEPTION_EXECUTE_HANDLER error message, please check to see that you have the latest Microsoft and Adobe updates:

Scripting Errors

For those with sound or crashing errors, you may want to check that all components in your computer are updated:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

For more help, get in touch with Tech Support and they'll be happy to further assist you! Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

Edited on 12/17/2010 at 11:25:07 AM PST

yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on Dec 17, 10 11:29 AM
I have never had any issues whatsoever with any custom cursor with any game and then all of a sudden I had a custom cursor and a regular cursor about an inch away, LOL! It was weird. I only played the demo of course, but this game needs an option to opt out of the custom cursor.

emwenz
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by emwenz on Dec 17, 10 12:14 PM
What's the deal with libglib-2.0-0.dll not being found? Re-installing did not solve this problem, first time out of 100+ games bought and the game cannot open. Does anyone else get this error message? So sad...usually get the trial first but was excited about a Playrix game, am I stuck?

ebbalytle
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by ebbalytle on Dec 17, 10 12:19 PM
I'm a bit confused. I just downloaded the demo for this game and it says I'm out of trial time. I haven't even opened the game. Not sure what the reason is. Was this game on BFG before? If so, then maybe that's why. I don't download from other sites, so that's all I can think of for a reason. Never had this before.

Tundei
Clownfish
Clownfish
653 Posts

[Post New]by Tundei on Dec 17, 10 1:49 PM
Having two cursors too so I think I had enough of this game. Hated the graphics anyway.

[Post New]by flameglimmer on Dec 17, 10 2:20 PM
Having issues after I put the blue crystal into the bedroom safe- the mini-game isn't coming up and there's no way to exit or skip the game.

NONONONONO
Manatee
Manatee
4,085 Posts

[Post New]by NONONONONO on Dec 17, 10 3:12 PM
Well, I really enjoyed this game. Until... I was almost to the end, and the game just went away. Period. bye bye. Gone. I went to my game manager to hit play now (again) and it informed me that I had a game open. I rebooted the computer, and this game won't open. I uninstalled, re-installed. Still won't open. This is such a shame, because I was truly enjoying it. But life's too short to spend my days getting Dr.Felix to help out, e-mailing CS and getting a response in a few days(maybe) Getting on live chat, and having them ask me to do everything I have already done and sending them a doctor Felix. And then finally offering me a game coupon for my hassle. Hassle Indeed. I don't want anohter game, I want this one to work. I am very disappointed. Seems there have been more and more and more glitchy games coming out of BFG lately. And I don't want to hear the "there's a new game everyday, they can't all work" Yes. They can. There has been a new game everyday for a long time now, and just recently have we started having all of these problems.

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

[Post New]by Nilosh on Dec 17, 10 3:35 PM
I bought the game without downloading it after having read the first reviews out. Once again BIG MISTAKE. This is getting to be a habit and Im am getting tired and am now considering checking out other sites for games. I have been a member sice 2007 and have over 200+ games. I have only had trouble with three games unitl these recently. It started with Twisted Lands then with Lost CHronicles: Salem and now this game. It wont even open after downloading it and I have uninstalled and re-installed three times. My computor is updated and tested. I see from the forum that many people have been able to play but there are now a growing number of people who are having problems. It leaves me to believe that the games put out recently are not compatible to all computors. I really am dissapointed and will once again write to customer services. I just hope that this problem will be resolved because sadly I am now losing my faith with the BFG's products.

Inanga
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by Inanga on Dec 17, 10 5:47 PM
I got the message that I didn't have the DXT1 & DXT5 texture formats so it wouldn't even start.

[Post New]by hitt65 on Dec 17, 10 6:28 PM
karen876 wrote:I keep getting two cursors. Everytime I go through a portal them a system cursor appears too (at varying distance to the custom one).

I have had this game for well over a month. I got it from a different place. I two have the problem with the two cursors. I find that if the custom cursor goes out of the game frame into the black when I bring it back into the game I have the custom cursor and the regular one. I am not a techy I hope this made sense. I have not joined into the forums until now. I contacted the makers of the game and they said they had not heard of this before.
I have played the game twice now and as long as I don't get the cursor to the very edge it's fine. It's really a great game . I have windows 7 I don't know if this is the problem or not.

julie2753
Clownfish
Clownfish
542 Posts

[Post New]by julie2753 on Dec 17, 10 7:53 PM
Another BFG that does not work and yes i have all the latest downloads and updates, going to uninstall it, i am fed up with games not working

2easy
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by 2easy on Dec 17, 10 10:23 PM
Takes forever to load and when it does it just freezes!! Couldnt be bothered wasting time on yet another dud game!! Forget it!

cll026497
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by cll026497 on Dec 17, 10 11:12 PM
I also have 2 cursors, very hard to play that way. Windows 7, very grateful I did not buy

Go to: