TRY BEFORE YOU BUY!

[Post New]by SIRSLIMMYEEL on Dec 17, 10 12:57 PM
Do you buy clothes before trying them on? Then why buy a game if there isn't a "try it before you buy it " time?

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

Re:TRY BEFORE YOU BUY!

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Dec 17, 10 1:21 PM
sirslimmyeel,

That's what these forums are for... to give potential customers the chance to read all the reviews and browse through all the threads in a forum BEFORE buying a game. And if BFG has a game, you can be sure that other sites have it as well. Some of them, or so I have read (haven't tried it), actually allow a bit of a demo before buying.

There are dozens of sites out there that give reviews of the game by a site staff member as well as player reviews. There are dozens of other forums out there that give players the opportunity to talk about a game, give reviews and ask questions. The internet is there for you to use, and in this case to utilize available information to make an informed decision about purchasing a game.

If wasting 6.99 on a game you end up not enjoying is important to you, then it should be of paramount importance that you research the game before you buy it. This particular game, NiBiRu, is on you tube, the entire game play walkthrough. You could have watched a few episodes before you bought the game and then decided whether you liked the look and feel of the game.

I played this game, and personally thought it was pretty good, but that is neither here nor there. You obviously didn't like it since you made three posts to that effect. It's up to each customer to do their best so they don't end up in the 'buyer beware' category. Since it is BFG's policy not to offer demo's for Large File Games, there are many options for researching information about a game before you buy. That's my two cents.

viv76
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by viv76 on Dec 17, 10 1:29 PM
I bought this game as I thought it looked pretty good, unfortunately it didn't run on my computer despite following all the advice on downloading etc, fortunately for me BFG were absolutely brilliant and reimbursed me, by the way they offer trial versions of many large file games, and in future I won't be purchasing any game that doesn't have a trial version

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Dec 17, 10 1:31 PM
Trial versions of large file adventure games are rare. The usual way to try before you buy is a demo from the publisher / developer website.

rwhalen57
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by rwhalen57 on Dec 24, 10 11:36 AM
when will I learn......TRY BEFORE YOU BUY!!! This is not a user friendly game and I typically turn off the sound and just read the text - not an option here, so no playing while anyone else is trying to sleep!

[Post New]by Tracey13665 on Jan 13, 11 8:46 AM
I will never again buy a game without a trial. Not user friendly at all. You have to go through the whole introduction which is long and boring as you don't have the option to skip or return to menu. I had to use the task manager to shut it down. I haven't got off the bridge yet and have given up. Awful game.

Go to: