bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Cradle of Rome 2 forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Dec 18, 10 12:05 AM
Welcome to Cradle of Rome 2 forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Cradle of Rome 2 players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Re:Welcome to Cradle of Rome 2 forum

[Post New]by Zoolifer on Dec 18, 10 6:38 PM
hello: I get this error message even after uninstalling and reinstalling and rebooting my computer:
error: access violation at 0x7c80b380(tried to write to 0x00030e5c), program terminated.

please help and thx.

Ruth58
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Ruth58 on Dec 19, 10 8:13 PM
I am enjoying the look and feel of this game. However, I am at Level 35 and have had 5000 or more "food" points several times and yet the game will not recognize this and give me the citizen.

What am I missing?

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Dec 19, 10 8:41 PM
Ruth58 wrote:I am enjoying the look and feel of this game. However, I am at Level 35 and have had 5000 or more "food" points several times and yet the game will not recognize this and give me the citizen.

What am I missing?

When you are trying to meet a goal to get a citizen you have to gain the needed items on one game board. What is in your inventory when you start to achieve the goal on one game board does not count toward your goal for that citizen.

For example, if you need 5000 pieces of food and you start the game board with 250 food items already in your inventory then you need to increase your inventory count by an additional 5000. So you would need to reach a score in your inventory of 5250.

Ruth58
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Ruth58 on Dec 20, 10 4:29 PM
Correct. I have even had the count confirmed at the end and it is greater than what is required but I still don't get the new citizen.

Is it possible that there is a bug or whatever in the game about that point.

I am trying to get 5000 units *in one level" for the PORT. I have had as much as 7000 units in one level and still no new citizen is awarded.

[Post New]by Gainmaster on Dec 24, 10 7:02 AM
Hi!

Where can I find the game save files? I'd like to continue my progress at work, but I can't find them anywhere.

Pls. help!

Thank You!

pecabo1338
Clownfish
Clownfish
549 Posts

[Post New]by pecabo1338 on Dec 24, 10 4:01 PM
Gainmaster wrote:Hi!

Where can I find the game save files? I'd like to continue my progress at work, but I can't find them anywhere.

Pls. help!

Thank You!

First of all you have to be able to see your hidden files. Search for Folder Options, open it and check show hidden folders and files. Check apply and exit.

Your hidden folders will now be shown. Go to the ProgramData folder and find Awem. CradleOfRome2 folder will be in there.

Now this is for Windows 7.

If you have XP go to documents and settings and search for CradleOfRome2 and Awem.

It will be in there under your name, or all users; but you may have to search the local files. I'm on Win 7, but when I was on XP sometimes the awem game data was tough to find.

[Post New]by jazzyfootball on Dec 29, 10 9:40 AM
Help! I get error access on trying to bring up this game, Cradle of Rome 2, the message: violation At 0x0289EFAE (Tried to write 0X00000000) program terminated.

I get the same message every time I bring it up, however, if I click on the error tab, I can bring the game up.

What causes this, and how is it fixed?

[Post New]by jazzyfootball on Dec 31, 10 12:30 PM
I just uninstalled and re installed Cradle of Rome 2, hoping it will run better. Due to systems errors I kept having problems, Today I could bring it up, but it wouldn't run at all. I would appreciate some help with this, I listed the error in a previous message.

[Post New]by Teddy14 on Jan 12, 11 12:30 PM
I'm also getting the access violation error upon launching Cradle of Rome 2 that two other posters mentioned. Unfortunately there has been no response to their posts! Please acknowledge us, bfgflounder!

The game downloads and installs properly, but terminates with the access violation error upon launching. Removing and reinstalling the game doesn't work. My PC is clean of viruses and malware. I googled this access violation error and there are definitely others who are encountering it with Cradle of Rome 2. I read a number of suggestions and tried a few with no luck, and I didn't see any posters that had success with the suggestions offered either. Also searched Microsoft.com with no luck...I've done my due diligence, please help!

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Jan 12, 11 1:07 PM
Hey Teddy14,

An Access Violation error message is an unspecific message that is usually a result of an incompatibility between your system and the game. There is a great help article on this that will guide you through some troubleshooting steps:

Access Violation

If you'd like more help, please get in touch with Tech Support and a rep can work with you personally! To do this, please click on the green envelope to the right, then click "Contact Us" (bottom left) of the next page to reach the online web form. To submit the web form, first click "Check for Answers" to visit the Help pages, and if you still can't find an answer, you will then be able to click the "Submit" button to send your ticket to our reps.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat for real-time support through your "My Game Club" page. Chat hours are Monday through Friday 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM PST. Thanks!

-bfgArnoStyx

cappy54
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by cappy54 on Jan 28, 11 3:41 PM
Love the graphics..Dislike!! the game..No matter what I do, even if I make more money than needed...No good...No liking it...

[Post New]by yayasgames on Feb 13, 11 12:14 PM
can this game ever be won!!!???? getting tired of the same stuff!!!
READY FOR A REFUND!!!! BEEN A MEMBER TOO LONG FOR NO SATISIFICATION!!!!

Edited on 02/13/2011 at 12:16:42 PM PST

pecabo1338
Clownfish
Clownfish
549 Posts

[Post New]by pecabo1338 on Feb 14, 11 5:56 AM
yayasgames wrote:
can this game ever be won!!!???? getting tired of the same stuff!!!
READY FOR A REFUND!!!! BEEN A MEMBER TOO LONG FOR NO SATISIFICATION!!!!

I'm 65 and have won this game well over 7 times to date. If you are a member of the developers site you can see my profile on this game.

It did take me over 3 years to win the 1st Cradle of Rome.

So this game is far easier than the 1st one.

Not to say it's easy but you need a strategy to win COR2

[Post New]by grannyms on Mar 20, 11 1:19 PM
Where can I find general info and strategy about the game? Sometimes I am not quite sure what is going on.

[Post New]by cats01 on Apr 30, 11 3:24 PM
I have complted the first 100 levels - Gifts of Proserpina - twice. How do I move onto the other blocks of levels. I am not building cities, etc., just doing the matches. Thank you.

notron
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by notron on May 2, 12 11:30 AM
Gainmaster wrote:Hi!

Pls. help!

Thank You!

[Post New]by branchy999 on May 12, 12 7:11 AM
Saves can be found in the profile.xml file.

Its in: documents and settings\all users\application data\****\save

Be sure that hidden files are visible via map options

Go to: