gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

Samantha Swift and the Fountains of Fate - DD for 18Dec2010 - Comments and Reviews

[Post New]by gimmegames on Dec 18, 10 12:24 AM
Post 'em if ya got 'em... (and if ya got sticky notes... )

Edited on 12/18/2010 at 12:25:36 AM PST

JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

Re:Samantha Swift and the Fountains of Fate - DD for 18Dec2010 - Comments and Reviews

[Post New]by JoyWales on Dec 18, 10 1:08 AM
Very pleased to see it as a DD. That makes 2 Samantha Swift games this month for me. While I prefer Ihogs these days the SS games are well done and I enjoyed the earlier ones.

Akenta
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

Re:Samantha Swift and the Fountains of Fate - DD for 18Dec2010 - Comments and Reviews

[Post New]by Akenta on Dec 18, 10 6:10 AM
Not sure why I bothered with the demo. After trying the last Samantha Swift DD, that was a buy, so no surprise this one was too. The hidden objects were the right difficulty for me. Still had the lightning bolts for extra hints and the swift birds to find each scene. The cursor would change to help you find the objects you needed to move or use another object on. I only did one of the mini-games and had fun with it. I like having to go back and forth between scenes to find objects (but I was given direction when to do that). Random clicking just broke your scanner for a few seconds - the scanner is a nice feature to help you see what object you're looking for without using a hint. And if you really want a challenge, there are a whole bunch of trophies you can collect (I would check this out first and see which ones you want to try for). Happy gaming fishies!!

[Post New]by DamagedGoods on Dec 18, 10 6:10 AM
I was pleased to see this as a DD... until I played it and realised the problems that have been posted about in the past have not been resolved. Necessary inventory items still disappear rendering the game unplayable. I'm a little disappointed that this was offerred as a DD with the glitches remaining. I love BF games and have downloaded heaps in the past 2 years or so, nearly always great quality, terrific games, but the beta testers for this one really failed and it probably shouldn't have been a DD at this time.

Bobbie53
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by Bobbie53 on Dec 18, 10 7:00 AM
I am still in the trial and enjoy it so far. I got stuck so after I leave here I will check out the walkthrough. Then I will buy the game. 2.99 . . .Hmmmm . Where else can you pay 2.99 for hours of entertainment? No where I know of. Thank you again Big FIsh.

Below added later:

I bought the game and ran into something weird when I resumed my game playing.

My grappling hook was gone. I exited the to the previous area and it showed up in the furthest left position in my inventory.

When I went back it was gone again. The next time I went to the previous area I picked it up and returned it to inventory where it was put in the furthest right position. When I returned to the next location viola there it was for me to use on the intended object. Whew!!! I figured my trying to use all my inventory before it was needed caused me to have to correct my mistake. Hope this helps anyone else who may run into a missing inventory issue.

Edited on 12/18/2010 at 9:02:57 AM PST

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Dec 18, 10 7:35 AM
Hesitated on the Sam Swift DD earlier in the month, intending to
check for more reviews and I FORGOT IT. So after demo
bought this even tho' the H0 scenes are darker than
SS and the Golden Touch, which was the first one I bought.

I like picking up some of these easier games at DD price.
Make for a welcome break after finishing games like Phantom.
Hopefully, the first and third ones will come up again at
bargain price.

No problems in the demo, so hope that for me, the prior
glitches were fixed in the recent update.

JanG7
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by JanG7 on Dec 18, 10 8:57 PM
I haven't finished the last Samantha Swift - Mystery From Atlantis DD and now we have another. I'm really enjoying Mystery From Atlantis, so it was a no brainer to download and give this one a quick try. Purchased it after 5 minutes of the demo.

Graphics are nice and the music is tolerable. I hope its worth it but for 2.99, what the heck.

Happy gaming everyone and a special thanks to BFG. Their games and support are far above any of the other gaming sites I've tried. The only gaming site for me now.

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Dec 19, 10 12:07 AM
The best $2.99 I ever spent at BFG!!! This is my favorite Samantha Swift by far. I hope I will be able to finish the game without finding all of the "swifts" because I was so engrossed playing the first few places I forgot to collect them and to my knowledge, there is no way to go back. Oh well....I'm still enjoying the game and if I can't finish - not upsetting because I got my monies worth.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Dec 19, 10 12:38 AM
GrammaKj wrote:The best $2.99 I ever spent at BFG!!! This is my favorite Samantha Swift by far. I hope I will be able to finish the game without finding all of the "swifts" because I was so engrossed playing the first few places I forgot to collect them and to my knowledge, there is no way to go back. Oh well....I'm still enjoying the game and if I can't finish - not upsetting because I got my monies worth.

Yes, you can still finish the game. You get a trophy for collecting all of them, so that's one of the achievements you can aim for on a replay.

Good luck!
Robin

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Dec 19, 10 3:41 PM
robin94122 wrote:
GrammaKj wrote:The best $2.99 I ever spent at BFG!!! This is my favorite Samantha Swift by far. I hope I will be able to finish the game without finding all of the "swifts" because I was so engrossed playing the first few places I forgot to collect them and to my knowledge, there is no way to go back. Oh well....I'm still enjoying the game and if I can't finish - not upsetting because I got my monies worth.

Yes, you can still finish the game. You get a trophy for collecting all of them, so that's one of the achievements you can aim for on a replay.

Good luck!
Robin

Thank you and now I'm going to finish the game. Sorry it took me so long to respond back with my "thanks".

MarpleLover
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by MarpleLover on Dec 21, 10 7:50 AM
I always seem to enjoy these games more on the second play. Maybe because you already know you can play the game to the end and that there are no bugs in it.

Yay, the HOG scenes are unlocked. Always love games with this feature of direct access to your favorite HOG.

Go to: