bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Cradle of Rome 2 technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Dec 18, 10 12:33 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Godsinger
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Re:Post any Cradle of Rome 2 technical issues here only

[Post New]by Godsinger on Dec 18, 10 2:27 AM
Graphics in the actual match 3 board, and the menus that come up while in the match 3 board are very light and impossible to see. While the rest, (background, etc.) is fine. My drivers are up to date.

What can be done? I can't play it this way

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Dec 18, 10 2:50 AM
Godsinger could you reduce the overall brightness of your moniter? This may help.

rcuber
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by rcuber on Dec 18, 10 6:03 AM
I got an error message when I try to play the game:
Access violation at =x7C80B2F0 (tried to write to 0x00030ESC), program terminated.
How can I solve this problem?

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Dec 18, 10 8:05 AM
rcuber wrote:I got an error message when I try to play the game:
Access violation at =x7C80B2F0 (tried to write to 0x00030ESC), program terminated.
How can I solve this problem?
Same for me "Access violation", unloaded, will try to reload and see what happens.

Godsinger
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Godsinger on Dec 18, 10 2:49 PM
Darkening the monitor won't help. the playing grid and the cursor are all bright yellow while the background is perfect. My technical experience tells me its any screen that paints on top of a game screen background, this includes buildings as well.
another point, I dont have this problem on a system running windows 7 32bit mode. I have this problem in the system that has win7 64bit. I haven't tried it on any other systems yet.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Dec 19, 10 12:03 AM
Still access violation,if Antivira is supposed to be responsible for that, why does it work with my other games ? Only Mortlake where I get no sound at all (so didn't buy). I'm quite happy with Antivira and don't want to change and considering I'm hopeless with all "computer technologies".......... It's supposed to work on a laptop, well, can't just buy one for the sake of this game and my husband needs his own. Shame, I would have love to have the 2nd Cradle of Rome. Took nearly a month to "Green Enveloppe" to solve my problem with Syberia, so I won't bother with this one.

[Post New]by spendermisty on Dec 19, 10 6:02 AM
Hi, Love the game, but am unable to get the citizen for my fishing village (port) says need 5000 food in one level, have got that many times but still not citizen.

[Post New]by Sheftu on Dec 19, 10 3:32 PM
spendermisty wrote:Hi, Love the game, but am unable to get the citizen for my fishing village (port) says need 5000 food in one level, have got that many times but still not citizen.

Same here!

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Dec 19, 10 3:59 PM
When you are trying to meet a goal to get a citizen you have to gain the needed items on one game board. What is in your inventory when you start to achieve the goal on one game board does not count toward your goal for that citizen.

For example, if you need 5000 pieces of food and you start the game board with 250 food items already in your inventory then you need to increase your inventory count by an additional 5000. So you would need to reach a score in your inventory of 5250.

Edited on 12/19/2010 at 4:01:35 PM PST

[Post New]by Sheftu on Dec 20, 10 10:34 AM
LizzieK wrote:When you are trying to meet a goal to get a citizen you have to gain the needed items on one game board. What is in your inventory when you start to achieve the goal on one game board does not count toward your goal for that citizen.

For example, if you need 5000 pieces of food and you start the game board with 250 food items already in your inventory then you need to increase your inventory count by an additional 5000. So you would need to reach a score in your inventory of 5250.

Yes, I know... nevertheless it won't work for especially THIS citizen, there are no problems with all the other.
Have you gotten it already?

casherr
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by casherr on Dec 20, 10 10:42 AM
I had one minute of playing time left in my trial and suddenly it froze and my speakers came out with a horrible and loud buzzing. I had to turn off the computer by disconnecting it. The on off button wouldn't work, and I couldn't get out of the game any other way.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Dec 20, 10 2:03 PM
Sheftu wrote:
LizzieK wrote:When you are trying to meet a goal to get a citizen you have to gain the needed items on one game board. What is in your inventory when you start to achieve the goal on one game board does not count toward your goal for that citizen.

Yes, I know... nevertheless it won't work for especially THIS citizen, there are no problems with all the other.
Have you gotten it already?
Yes, I have gotten all of the citizens. I didn't run into a problem with any of them. The one that needs 5000 units of food in the Docker. You have to collect 5000 units of food in one level after you build the Port. Have you built the Port?

Edited on 12/20/2010 at 2:04:34 PM PST

[Post New]by spendermisty on Dec 21, 10 6:10 AM
thank you LizzieK for your reply, But there does appear to be a problem with the port citizen , as I have had no other problems with other level citizens so far and yes my port is built and I started with 0 food and got well over 5000 food on at least 6 levels since.. At least I'm glad some other users are having the same problem, not something that I wasn't doing, must be a glinch. still hasn't stopped me enjoying the game thou.

regards spendermisty

suzsmarmie
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by suzsmarmie on Dec 21, 10 11:22 AM
Just tried to open this game and I, too, am getting the access violation message. Anybody have a solution yet?

[Post New]by susiejanem on Dec 21, 10 1:42 PM
i tried to change options, to a windowed version, all it did was make my screen so large, i cannot see my tools, i also cannot purchase anything, please inform me how i can change these options back.

i even downloaded again, but no help, same huge screen

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Dec 21, 10 4:54 PM
Hi Fishies,

For access violations I'd recommend checking out the steps in this help article:

Access Violation

For general tech issues such as crashing and freezing, this article may come in handy:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you continue to have any trouble, I'd recommend contacting Customer Support. Just let them know what you're experiencing and which steps you've already tried and they'll be happy to help further. Customer Support can be reached by clicking on the green envelope on the right-hand side of this page and then on the "Contact Us" section on the bottom left of the next page. Once you've entered your question and clicked to "Check for Answers," you'll be led to our Help pages. If these haven't helped, your question can be submitted from here.

Hope this helps!

-bfgDonau

gam2019
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by gam2019 on Dec 22, 10 7:42 AM
Dec, 22/10

I downloaded this game twice and both times it won't play....keeps saying there was an access error then the game closes......
Too bad, b/c I'm not often interested in match games but this one looked interesting....hope it gets fixed soon so I can check it out

Edited on 12/22/2010 at 7:43:40 AM PST

suzsmarmie
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by suzsmarmie on Dec 22, 10 8:56 AM
Same here...it won't go past the access violations. This is the second game in 2 weeks that I've had the same problem with. Customer Service really had no answer as to why it was happening..did the Dr. Felix thing with them and everything. Wonder what suddenly started this error in my game download?? Really wierd..and I want to use my credit for this one.

If anyone has gotten a solution, please share..lol..

[Post New]by Miss_Al on Dec 24, 10 11:04 PM
spendermisty wrote:thank you LizzieK for your reply, But there does appear to be a problem with the port citizen , as I have had no other problems with other level citizens so far and yes my port is built and I started with 0 food and got well over 5000 food on at least 6 levels since.. At least I'm glad some other users are having the same problem, not something that I wasn't doing, must be a glinch. still hasn't stopped me enjoying the game thou.

regards spendermisty

I finally got this bonus on level 45, when I earned over 9800 units of food. No idea why it kicked in then, but it did.

Now I feel complete.

Go to: