cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Great Adventures: Xmas Edition

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Dec 19, 10 2:48 AM
This game is very, very, very similar to Lost in the Mountains, in fact I thought I was playing that game at the start because they have made use of previous scenes .

It is basically an adventure game with a bit of sim where you have to keep an eye on your couple's food, health and fun levels while looking for the wife's father who wouldn't hand over his invention as he wanted the world to have it.

The thing I like about this game is that you can pick things up when you see them ... unless there is a puzzle and/or specific action required like digging it out of the snow which you can't do with your bare hands. Make sure you pick up all the biscuits as three of them = 1 hint from your canine helper.

The puzzles are not too difficult and your characters are very easy to move around in that you can pick up and drop or just click the spot where you want them to go to.

I enjoy this type of game and am giving the developer the benefit of the doubt so I have purchased it in the hope that there are more differences apart from just decorating the Christmas Tree and putting up Santa and the elves ... should these be the only two differences I will be looking for a refund.

Cherb

Edited on 12/19/2010 at 5:46:32 PM PST

debby369
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Great Adventures: Xmas Edition

[Post New]by debby369 on Dec 19, 10 6:09 AM
thx
thought it looked awfully similar. I think I'll save my time and money.

QEIII
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by QEIII on Dec 19, 10 7:18 AM
Loved the first one, so I know I will enjoy this one. Love how you have to choose the right person to do the different tasks. Very different to most games. You have to keep an eye on their fun, food levels etc but I find if you leave them alone for a little while they just help themselves to food etc. No time keeping in my opinion. Excellent game.

[Post New]by prex326 on Dec 19, 10 7:51 AM
I really enjoyed the first Great Adventures game, but not enough to buy it twice. Was very disappointed to find that it's the exact same game, with the exception of a few Christmas decorations. I guess the storyline could change later in the game, but somehow I doubt it. Not spending the money to find out. It's a fun game and it'll be great for folks who didn't play the first one. I think I'll wait for the developers to actually put out a sequel. Maybe they were too busy Christmas shopping to put the time in with this one. Merry Christmas, everyone!

Myriade99
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

[Post New]by Myriade99 on Dec 19, 10 8:04 AM
It really seems to be the same game with Xmas decorations. So since I didn't even buy the other it's a no go for me.

Kamali
Guppy
Guppy
173 Posts

[Post New]by Kamali on Dec 19, 10 8:23 AM
I loved 'Great Adventures: Lost in Mountains', and thought this would be a sequel. I was VERY disappointed to discover it is the same game with a christmas tree added.

It's such a pity that makers of the game couldn't get their act together enough to make a sequel to what was an extremely good game. Instead they reissue the old game with a new name. Very sad. I certainly will not be paying the same amount again for a game I already own.

If they ever bring out a proper sequel, I WILL buy that.

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Dec 19, 10 9:05 AM
How disappointing... I got all excited and purchased this game outright. Upon beginning to play the game, it is the same setting and seems to be the exact same story as "Lost in Mountains" which I already own, but with Xmas decorations slapped in.

They ought to call this game "Lost in Mountains-Xmas Edition".

Very misleading. I will be asking for a refund. I can't believe I paid 6.99 for a game that I have already played - same game, different wrapper on it.

kitty1
Flounder
Flounder
2,194 Posts

[Post New]by kitty1 on Dec 19, 10 10:33 AM
Just echoing what's already been said. Was very excited to see this today but very disappointed that it was not really a new game. No reason to buy if you have the first one

[Post New]by juliaron on Dec 19, 10 10:40 AM
ive never played this game before but i am a bit stuck and would like your help, the bit where u go in the garage its says there r 2 gasoline tanks but i can only find 1 then it said the hidden cache i cant find it appreciate your help x

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Dec 19, 10 10:55 AM
juliaron wrote:ive never played this game before but i am a bit stuck and would like your help, the bit where u go in the garage its says there r 2 gasoline tanks but i can only find 1 then it said the hidden cache i cant find it appreciate your help x

Hi, don't pay any attention to it saying there are 2 gasoline tanks,just put your rubber hose on the truck then your empty fuel can and it will fill. My granddaughter and I are loving this game,but we are stuck right now with the laundry room floor tiles.

Edited on 12/19/2010 at 3:56:50 PM PST

asquared
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by asquared on Dec 19, 10 11:05 AM
For the people who are looking for help, there's a blog walkthrough for the original version at http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/great-adventure-lost-in-mountains-walkthrough/ . If this game really is the same, then it should work for you.

I'm going to take a look soon myself--I loved the original game and was very hopeful before I started reading the comments here.

Meisie84
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by Meisie84 on Dec 19, 10 11:32 AM
Just downloaded the demo. I was so excited thinking this is a sequel, but now it sounds like it isn't? Well guess I'll play the demo anyway....

Gieyo
Clownfish
Clownfish
766 Posts

[Post New]by Gieyo on Dec 19, 10 11:55 AM
cherbtoo wrote:...
I enjoy this type of game and am giving the developer the benefit of the doubt so I have purchased it in the hope that there are more differences apart from just decorating the Christmas Tree and putting up Santa and the elves ... should these be the only two differences I will be looking for a refund.

Cherb

Please let us know if there are any differences besides the Christmas decorations. I enjoyed the first game much, but up to where I played the demo it surely looked like the same game, so would appreciate to know if this is so before considering getting it.

LikaLaruku
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by LikaLaruku on Dec 19, 10 2:37 PM
We all complained that the original game was too short & had bad bugs; the kind that crash the game, get you imovably stuck, or even freeze your computer. I remember all the complaints people made last year that using the hint dog caused the game to freeze. This is either a remake or a patched edition with a seasonal theme. That's why it's called Christmas EDITION; it's not a sequel.

Anyone who avoided buying the original release of Lost in the Mountains because of the bugs, even though they enjoyed the game, should get this version instead. I'm actually glad they rereleased this, because the bugfixes were badly needed.

Edited on 12/19/2010 at 2:44:18 PM PST

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Dec 19, 10 2:59 PM
I never knew about Great Adventures: Lost In The Mountains,but since I was looking for a decent 'non-creepy' game with a Holiday theme I checked out this one and love it. My granddaughter and I just finished it,without any tech problems on my Win XP SP3 PC. I was very happy to buy it when the Demo ended and I am still happy now that we are finished playing. It will be replayed for sure,and it gave us several hours of fun. We did use the Walkthrough to GA:LITMs a few times.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Dec 19, 10 3:04 PM
Gieyo wrote:
cherbtoo wrote:...

Cherb

Please let us know if there are any differences besides the Christmas decorations. I enjoyed the first game much, but up to where I played the demo it surely looked like the same game, so would appreciate to know if this is so before considering getting it.

No they are the only differences that I have come across so far apart from the puzzles where you click on letters to spell the answers and they must be randomly generated or new because the questions I got are not the same as the ones in the walkthrough for Lost in the Mountains as I just checked it for you.

It is such a good game, I wish they had taken the trouble to do a proper sequel.

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Dec 19, 10 3:59 PM
asquared wrote:For the people who are looking for help, there's a blog walkthrough for the original version at http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/great-adventure-lost-in-mountains-walkthrough/ . If this game really is the same, then it should work for you.

I'm going to take a look soon myself--I loved the original game and was very hopeful before I started reading the comments here.

Thank you for sharing that info! Although it isn't exactly the same,as far as sequence of events go,and one of the password(letter) puzzles was different. Thanks to you telling us about the walkthrough we found how to work the kitchen tiles so we were able to progress, Not sure I would have thought of that myself,LOL!

Edited on 12/19/2010 at 4:03:25 PM PST

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Dec 19, 10 4:44 PM
Can anyone tell me exactly how long this game can be expected to last? I enjoyed the demo and didn't by the litm version because of the "bugs" during it's demo. I would like to get this one with my "credit" if it has decent game play length.
Thanks!

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Dec 19, 10 4:57 PM
Leanda1 wrote:Can anyone tell me exactly how long this game can be expected to last? I enjoyed the demo and didn't by the litm version because of the "bugs" during it's demo. I would like to get this one with my "credit" if it has decent game play length.
Thanks!

It took my granddaughter and I about 4-5 hours but we also stopped to eat,and she went on a fast errand with her daddy.

bfgOkeechobee
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,211 Posts

[Post New]by bfgOkeechobee on Dec 19, 10 5:46 PM
Thanks for starting this thread, cherbtoo! I've gone ahead and stickied it. Review away!

-bfgOkeechobee

Go to: