13th skull

13th skull

[Post New]by lgrossi on Dec 19, 10 3:00 PM
How do you get past the big snake. And how do you get the parrot to stay in your inventory until you need him? I can't get the cage down from on the porch, The parrot keeps flying away.

Edited on 12/19/2010 at 8:09:51 PM PST

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

Re:13th skull

[Post New]by LizzieK on Dec 19, 10 4:17 PM
Put the parrot in a cage and use it to scare away the snake.

rebeccaben
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by rebeccaben on Dec 19, 10 6:38 PM
Can not get parrot to cage.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 19, 10 7:05 PM
rebeccaben wrote:Can not get parrot to cage.

That's just not enough info. Why can't you get parrot to cage? What happens when you click on the parrot? Do you have the cage in your inventory? It's really hard to help when you don't give details.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Dec 20, 10 1:10 PM
It is, WilJul, if you take the statement literally. In that case the answer is to take the cage to the parrot.

MarpleLover
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by MarpleLover on Dec 20, 10 1:17 PM
A better title would have been Big Snake or Parrot.

LADY2005
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by LADY2005 on Jan 17, 11 10:25 AM
When I go to get the cage, there are bees buzzing all over and I cannot get the cage. If I could, I guess, it would then go into the inventory and when I went back for the parrot it somehow would go in the cage. Now sure. Please help me on this.

LADY2005
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

13th skull

[Post New]by LADY2005 on Jan 17, 11 10:26 AM
lgrossi wrote:How do you get past the big snake. And how do you get the parrot to stay in your inventory until you need him? I can't get the cage down from on the porch, The parrot keeps flying away.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Jan 17, 11 10:36 AM
Hi Lady,
Do you have honey in your inventory? Would bees be attracted to Honey? Throw it at them.

If you don't have the Honey yet, you can't get the cage.

BTW: You will also need a screwdriver.

Suxanne
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Suxanne on Jan 18, 11 2:10 PM
I cannot find the screwdriver, the shed does not glow, I have checked the walkthrough and have all the other items and completed the tasks. Any ideas? Frustrated

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Jan 18, 11 2:52 PM
When you are in the shed there is a pole on the lower right side of your screen. Knock that pole over, an H0 scene should appear.

Suxanne
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Suxanne on Jan 25, 11 12:35 PM
Screwdriver:
Thanks. There is a rake and a hoe, I have clicked on both but nothing happens, no other poles in sight. Have you any other suggestions?

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Jan 25, 11 12:55 PM
Sorry Suxanne,
I think it is a rake, but in my game I just saw a dark object leaning sideways in the lower right corner. When I clicked it, it fell over and there was a crayon behind it. That is when the sparklies showed up on the workbench. Don't know what to tell you if this didn't happen in your game.
m

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jan 25, 11 4:23 PM
Suxanne, are you certain the screwdriver isn't in your inventory? Sometimes you have several pages of inventory to scroll through. Use the turquoise arrows to scroll left and right.

Suxanne
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Suxanne on Feb 7, 11 12:58 PM
Thanks, when I returned to the game a few days afterwards the screwdriver was in my inventory even though I had checked it from one end to the other a number of times. Computers ???

13th skull

[Post New]by msmelvira on Apr 29, 11 9:05 PM
LADY2005 wrote:
lgrossi wrote:How do you get past the big snake. And how do you get the parrot to stay in your inventory until you need him? I can't get the cage down from on the porch, The parrot keeps flying away.

nabsuc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
464 Posts

[Post New]by nabsuc on Apr 30, 11 8:41 AM
If you haven't got the cage of the Manor Balcony you can not get the parrott, Have you got the screwdriver and Honey to frighten the bees away? before you can unscrew the cage, You need both these in your inventory You will play a HOG in the shed for the screw driver, the Honey you will receive is when you play the HOG in the tavern kitchen, then you can unscrew the cage and collect the Parrot. Good Luck

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Aug 19, 11 10:47 PM
tjhutsell wrote:am having trouble getting the honey because i cant find one hidden object...the coffee grounds. am sure its there just dont see it....help!!!!!!!

Oh gosh! It's been too long since I played to remember locations of objects in the HOGs. But if you check in the walkthrough the objects should be circled.

P.S. Welcome to the forums!!!

Edited on 08/19/2011 at 10:48:29 PM PST

[Post New]by dvalentine01 on Aug 29, 11 2:17 PM
I cannot get the four dates correct to get the contraption open, after i have drained the coffin. I have gone over it and over it. Is there a way to go back and get the birth date from the fax machine? Nothing happens when i clik on it now, or can I skip this part and get the game to go on? This has been going on for a week, tried so many dates, I will be crazy soon.
thanks
dvalentine01@charter.net

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Aug 29, 11 4:44 PM
dvalentine01 wrote:I cannot get the four dates correct to get the contraption open, after i have drained the coffin. I have gone over it and over it. Is there a way to go back and get the birth date from the fax machine? Nothing happens when i clik on it now, or can I skip this part and get the game to go on? This has been going on for a week, tried so many dates, I will be crazy soon.
thanks
dvalentine01@charter.net

Here are the instructions taken from the thread toward the top of the page titled "13th Skull***FAQs** and Spoilers" by WilJul

Quote:
I can’t figure out the BIRTH DATE or the DATES PUZZLE in the coffin!
The death date is on the front of the mausoleum, blaze date and rebuild date should all be in your journal/casebook if you looked at all the newspaper clippings you came across in the game. The birth date takes several steps to discover. You MUST WIN at a game of checkers with Vinton in the Tavern, you may also hit the “Skip” button which counts as a win. But if you don’t beat him or hit “skip” you cannot progress. After you win he will tell you he will have a fax sent to you with info about the manor. Go to the den (where the computer is) and click on the fax, then click on the piece of paper in the fax. The birth date will be in the bottom right of the page and is handwritten. Once you look at the page from the fax the birth date will be entered in your journal. This is another randomly generated solution. You CANNOT use the solution from the strategy guide or the walkthrough, you can only use the date given to you by your game. Once you have entered all of the dates (vertically or horizontally only) you must click on the LEVER on the left of the number board.
[End Quote]

I did not think to look at the fax for the birth date in my game. Instead I knew the birth date had to be in the 1700's, so I just tried all the 1700 possibilities in my game. there were only 2 or 3 possible. The other dates are all the same and can be found in your journal or the walkthrough.

Go to: