Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

Difference between this Game and First One?

[Post New]by Cherubabies on Dec 19, 10 10:04 PM
Is there any difference between this version and the first one, or is it just a repeat of the same old stuff?

Just want to know if it's worth me buying it ... Thanks for any information!

pecabo1338
Clownfish
Clownfish
549 Posts

Difference between this Game and First One?

[Post New]by pecabo1338 on Dec 20, 10 7:23 AM
Cherubabies wrote:Is there any difference between this version and the first one, or is it just a repeat of the same old stuff?

Just want to know if it's worth me buying it ... Thanks for any information!

There are many improvements. The images are way sharper-clearer.

The power-ups are way more powerful and they refill much faster.

There are 26 awards you can win.

You can buy additional time rather than lose a life. Each time you buy time it will cost a little more. This money is taken randomly from the 3 different resources.

Also I believe that each level has more time than COR 1 did.

It took me 3 years to finish the 1st one and I have completed COR 2, 6 times so far.

4 times I got all 26 awards.

When the music that's in-between the levels plays, there are trumpets playing that tune.

There are also 2 other game modes - where you can select difficulty.

The Tourney mode appears at 500,000. Then the Blitz mode unlocks after you complete the whole 100 levels.

All in all, this game is utterly stunning - it leaves COR 1 in ashes.

pecabo1338
Clownfish
Clownfish
549 Posts

Re:Difference between this Game and First One?

[Post New]by pecabo1338 on Dec 20, 10 7:29 AM
There are birds chirping in the background throughout the game also.

Bexa
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Bexa on Dec 20, 10 7:51 AM
@pecabo Totally agree. it is as challenging as the first one, but gives you more chances to succeed.

It also tells you what you need to obtain your citizen. I'm still trying for some citizens in COR 1 because I just don't know what I should be shooting for. But I think COR 2 has given me a clue.

Lover them both, bit this one is a nice improvement without changing it so much that what I liked about COR 1 is retained.

Nice synopsis of changes.

Lyndy20
Clownfish
Clownfish
543 Posts

[Post New]by Lyndy20 on Dec 20, 10 12:14 PM
Nice review, Pecabo, and well done on getting all the awards! I've played COR2 twice now and keep failing the same two awards.

I'm currently working through the Blitz mode. This has three difficulty settings with save points every so many levels. So if you loose you can restart from that save point.

There are also bonus challenges in the Extras section, which is also unlocked after the Adventure is finished.

All in all, a tremendous game.

pecabo1338
Clownfish
Clownfish
549 Posts

[Post New]by pecabo1338 on Dec 20, 10 1:02 PM
Lyndy20 wrote:Nice review, Pecabo, and well done on getting all the awards! I've played COR2 twice now and keep failing the same two awards.

I'm currently working through the Blitz mode. This has three difficulty settings with save points every so many levels. So if you loose you can restart from that save point.

There are also bonus challenges in the Extras section, which is also unlocked after the Adventure is finished.

All in all, a tremendous game.

If you missed the Docker, it says 5000 units of food but you have to collect around 8500 units to win this award. I think it has to do with not counting the food bonus's from other characters in. I missed it once and kept an eye on food collected after that. With 5000 there was no award, nor with 6000 or 7000, but over 8000 and it registers.

I used a level with a timer bonus and just kept collecting food till the docker popped up. Don't use one with skulls either.

With the 15 moves in 20 sec one, don't count. All that does is slow you down.

Lyndy20
Clownfish
Clownfish
543 Posts

[Post New]by Lyndy20 on Dec 20, 10 6:24 PM
Yep, it's the 15 moves in 20 seconds that I keep missing, and subsequently not getting all the citizens. And yes, I was counting! Next time no counting!

tecela
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by tecela on Dec 21, 10 2:23 AM
There is an extra button that distroi your tailles.
I hate that, if i want to solve a game i want to do that my self.
If i need help i can take one of my tools.
don't think i buy this.

Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

[Post New]by Cherubabies on Dec 22, 10 9:08 PM
Thanks for the info. Much appreciated!

Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

[Post New]by Cherubabies on Dec 22, 10 9:09 PM
What happens at the end? Do you become a god, or is it just about building up Rome?

Edited on 12/22/2010 at 9:10:53 PM PST

[Post New]by lifelonglearner on Jan 4, 11 10:39 PM
The differences have been summed up thoroughly by previous posts, but I'd really like to encourage anyone who enjoyed COR1 to get COR2. I've loved playing it even more than the original; think the changes have made the game easier to be successful.

Edited on 01/04/2011 at 10:41:07 PM PST

Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

[Post New]by Cherubabies on Jan 10, 11 12:50 AM
Thanks, I bought this with one of my Game Credits!

Go to: