bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Roads of Rome II

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Dec 20, 10 12:05 AM
Caesar, the governor of Rome, has been poisoned, and there's no potion strong enough in the world of mortals that can cure him of his terrible disease. Caesar's daughter Julia is in despair and Victorius, an honorable general, sets out on a long journey to the kingdom of the Gods. The lands of barbarians are full of dangers, so be careful! Help Victorius find the magic potion that will save Caesar's life in Roads to Rome 2!

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

Re:Roads of Rome II

[Post New]by Poutoule on Dec 20, 10 1:32 AM
Won't travel very far. No sound in this game, as it occurs to me lately. After entering my name 3 times and building the same piece of road 3 times I gave up. And what's this "Hail, Cesar", sounds terribly like "heil Hitler"...........

Elkestra
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,825 Posts

[Post New]by Elkestra on Dec 20, 10 2:16 AM
Poutoule wrote:And what's this "Hail, Cesar", sounds terribly like "heil Hitler"...........

That comment's a bit out of left field, isn't it?

'Hail' is considered the translation of the Latin greeting 'Ave', and most (all?) Ancient Roman-based books, films, and games use the term.

If it weren't for the fact that this isn't a long discussion thread, I'd be tempted to say the comment was almost Godwin-esque.

Edited on 12/20/2010 at 2:21:47 AM PST

Av8Trx
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

Roads of Rome II - Dissappearing resources

[Post New]by Av8Trx on Jan 4, 11 7:53 PM
I really HATE the disappearing resources. All your trees, berries, etc. You then have to sort of remember where they were from the pre-start screen image. If you are lucky, you can later find them if you need. It's a pain, game would have worked much better if they'd left that alone and it worked like it did in v 1. Otherwise, fun game. They've added alot of challenge features that are fun and is a much more involved game that v1.

[Post New]by moonchilde on Jan 10, 11 10:02 AM
What disappearing resources? I haven't had that problem. I'm on episode 3 level 6 so far.

Grnmeadow
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by Grnmeadow on Jan 13, 11 12:57 PM
has anyone had any problems with the fog? I only have 19 pieces of gold and the God of Earth wants 30. Since I cannot see past the God statue, how do I get more gold? I love this game, but this level is a real pain.

[Post New]by FloridaGirl_net on Jan 14, 11 9:05 PM
Grnmeadow, if it's the level I'm thinking of...the one where nearly the entire play area is covered with fog...you should see a boulder to the right. Get rid of the boulder and you'll find more gold inside the cave. Give it to the god statue, and the fog will disappear. Hope this helps...and I also hope this is the level you were referring to.

Av8Trx
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

Resources Vanish - Roads of Rome II

[Post New]by Av8Trx on Feb 4, 11 9:44 AM
Once the level starts, all of my trees and berry bushes disappear. Also, the road disappears as you build it. Has anyone else had this problem? I dowloaded the updated release from the game's main website, same issue.

Go to: