bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Roads of Rome II forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Dec 20, 10 12:05 AM
Welcome to Roads of Rome II forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Roads of Rome II players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Re:Welcome to Roads of Rome II forum

[Post New]by jennii65 on Dec 20, 10 5:05 AM
finally a second roads to rome...i loved the first 1 and have been waiting for u to release another. keep em coming guys

[Post New]by IntelligentLife on Dec 25, 10 6:14 PM
Yes, keep this one going! I LOVED the original, and so far have loved the second one more! It takes the best of the best (MKFP, RE, and Build-A-Lot) and combines them in a great way. Rome isn't the only choice, either...I can imagine other eras as well, like a Renaissance or Victorian "Roads" version, with same footprint. Great game, guys, don't let II be the last one!

kwhel
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by kwhel on Dec 26, 10 4:35 PM
I don't usually care for these kinds of games but this one is addicting. i love it.

[Post New]by utahred on Dec 28, 10 4:04 PM
More please! R o R 1 was great and this one is even better! Keep em coming!!!

themaestro023
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by themaestro023 on Dec 30, 10 7:13 PM
HI,
Having played this through and got expert on every single level, I found one prob the geeks might want to solve.

In Episode 4, Level 4, you cannot send the balloon to build the 'Smithy' on the right of screen. It says, 'the way is blocked' even though everything is open.

Does not matter though, I finished it with loads of time to spare, so was not worth mentioning really.

I never played the first version until after finishing this one. It's so easy........!

But thanks anyway, gave me something to do over xmas.

Happy New Year all.

[Post New]by cobaltab on Dec 30, 10 7:21 PM
I can't seem to get expert on episode 4 level 9. I've played it at least 10 times now and I am always short a few seconds. Any advice.

actr
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by actr on Jan 2, 11 8:13 PM
Maybe it's just me and I really DON"T have good logic or time managment skills, but I found the levels 3 and on difficult. I have to say though, this is an addicting game!

My main problems were:

a) there were not nearly enough time clocks that appeared, especially in the later levels. This would REALLY help! There were several times when I just made it, and then the timer would go into Night Mode
...there weren't many shoes per level eitherand this doesn't make any sense
to me at all becaue the roads become so LONG! You have to go all over using different paths and it just doesn't make sense that you men go so flippin' slow! It's very frustrating, especially when you are going against the clock

b) I found that whenever I upgraded the levels of the sawmill, gold mine, and quarry, it really didn't make anything that much faster. I found myself sitting there literally WAITING on them to make the next batch!! I felt it should be much faster in resetting...

c) I thought that we shouldn't have to PAY to collect crystals, runes, or flowers. I think it would be more logical to use up food or something since we are using energy...I didn't feel like we were bribing the gods or anything. LOL.

Other than these I enjoyed the game....even if I became really sad I couldn't get expert on many of the higher levels.

[Post New]by gangey on Jan 16, 11 10:06 PM
Try as I may, and I do mean TRY, on Level 29 I can find no bridges, ladders, subs, baloons or anything else to get me to the plateau where the Quarry is; and I can't see how to get more than 14 units of Gold, a LOT of which is required at this level. Can someone please help!

Edited on 01/17/2011 at 4:48:37 PM PST

[Post New]by Melomisso on Jan 17, 11 10:22 PM
On the Bonus level, I never have enough stone to finish even with building the storehouse to 3 first. Any suggestions?

[Post New]by acbcassidy on Jan 31, 11 11:34 AM
I am seriously stuck at level 39 and 40 ie level 4.9 and .10 so I cannot get onto the bonus level - which at this rate I guess I don't deserve anyway. Any tips? I find I am short of gold at the end so I have been upgrading that like mad from the start - ie have one upgrade it while the other takes the gold at the same time to reduce time lost. Then food is in short supply --- aagh. Great game but terrible for distracting me from chores! ta

[Post New]by acbcassidy on Jan 31, 11 3:15 PM
thank you for the tips, I cleared level 41 - however it just sits there and goes back to 41 - is there no screen to indicate the game is actually over?

bluepaint6
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by bluepaint6 on Jun 23, 11 9:18 AM
I'm stuck at level 2 espoisode 2. help

[Post New]by rainbow20886 on Jul 4, 11 5:39 PM
I really enjoyed the first one and thought I would get the second one! My problem is on episode 2 level 1; I am finding that there is not enough coin to complete the level. All suggestions will be greatly apperciated! Thank you!

[Post New]by meverett on Aug 14, 11 8:24 AM
rainbow20886 wrote:I really enjoyed the first one and thought I would get the second one! My problem is on episode 2 level 1; I am finding that there is not enough coin to complete the level. All suggestions will be greatly apperciated! Thank you!

I'm stuck at the same place (I've tried at least 20 different ways to collect the coin). Did you ever solve this one? Email me @ [removed by moderator]

Edited on 08/14/2011 at 2:40:52 PM PST

[Post New]by desertflowers25 on Oct 1, 11 10:20 AM
meverett wrote:
rainbow20886 wrote:I really enjoyed the first one and thought I would get the second one! My problem is on episode 2 level 1; I am finding that there is not enough coin to complete the level. All suggestions will be greatly apperciated! Thank you!

I'm stuck at the same place (I've tried at least 20 different ways to collect the coin). Did you ever solve this one? Email me @ [removed by moderator]

[Post New]by RonnieLives on Dec 27, 11 9:59 PM
I cannot get the game to save. What might I be doing wrong?

[Post New]by Donohoe on Jan 25, 12 3:59 PM
I cannot seem to get enough coins to get thru Episode 2 Level 2, help would be appreciated. thank you very much

[Post New]by Donohoe on Jan 29, 12 8:52 AM
I guess no one ever responds to questions here, huh? What's the reason for the forum if no one is willing to assist?

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Jan 29, 12 9:40 AM
Hi Donohoe,

I was able to find this tip in the Game Forum:

magentamom wrote:I was having the same problem. But the storehouse doesn't add 1 to the total amount but rather each time you gather that resource.

So, mine just enough gold to reach and build the storehouse and do not mine any more until it's finished. This will give you enough to finish the level, because you'll be getting three per mining effort rather than two.

A great way to search for help is with the Advanced Forum Search under the Search All Forums. From here, you can choose a specific game and type a keyword like "episode 2" and all of the posts with “episode 2” will come up!

Also, if you're unable to find help in a certain thread, feel free to start your own thread in the Game Forum so that it's a bit easier for other players to see!

Hope the tip helps and happy gaming!

-bfgArnoStyx

Go to: