gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Christmas Puzzle

[Post New]by gimmegames on Dec 20, 10 2:36 AM
I've played 20 minutes of the demo so far... This game is not a lush and beautiful must-buy, in my opinion, but it does do some things right.

The gameplay is clear the background tiles and drop the coins to the bottom, which is good standard gameplay by current standards I think. So the gameplay is pretty decent.

The music was put together with a lick of sense. It varies. All instrumentals, but not incessantly recognized Christmas carols. So that gets a vote of approval in my book. The quality of it is not exactly surround sound... could be better, but could be worse.

It's great to have a house exterior to decorate with the coins dropped. So that's cool.

The appearance of the gameboard... the colors are a little muted. Not too hard on the eyes (physically), but not a delight either. The packages on the board are wrapped in muted hot pink which is an odd color for the season, for instance.

The game sounds are ok, but don't go as well with the music as they could.

I sort of hope this game will be developed more aesthetically and released in another version next year. The features are pretty good for a winter holiday-themed game.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Dec 20, 10 3:47 AM
nanner200 wrote:Woke up this morning (6am by MIL) to see this game playing on comp... well my ears are still ringing from the loud disturbing music also not wide screen display. So every time a coin fell I did not see it because a message came up and blocked the view. So another level and it took a long time to clear, 2 tunes looped (oh no) well the directions pop up at the beginning 4 or 5 times !!! It's a no thank you from me, not if it was free ! MHO... Why not an older Christmas game as DD ?

Loud disturbing music ... where?

I really enjoyed (yes I did say enjoyed ) the music the first few times I heard it but then I had to mute it. I obviously haven't played as much as Goofy or Nanner's MIL because I have only heard the one tune in the half an hour that I demoed it for.

Well I thought it was a pleasant enough little game which didn't represent any difficult challenges in getting the coins to the bottom of the screen although the levels might get harder as you progress.

I know that it is probably because English is not their first language but you have to earn coins to decorate the cottage and the trees ... the fur trees ... on seeing that I immediately had a vision in my head of all the trees wearing little fur coats to keep them warm .

While I enjoyed playing it for a short time I will not be purchasing as I do not think it looks like a long enough game for the $6.99 price but I might consider it as a Daily Deal.

Cherb

Timbuctu
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by Timbuctu on Dec 20, 10 5:00 AM
Personally, I liked the game, but there was one small, teeny problem with it. When I got to level 9, I completed the board, but the game didn't register that I had done so, so the board wouldn't end. All blocks were clear, all coins were gone, but the game just wouldn't advance. As a result, going to delete the game. If the DEMO has such an enormous glitch, I can't see spending a cent on the full version.

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Dec 20, 10 5:35 AM
I have been waiting for a Christmas M3, downloading now to give it a try !!
I am a little worried now though, after reading there may be a glitch on level 9, from Timbuctu...that would suck, BIG TIME .
Last year I purchased, The Perfect Tree, only to find a glitch on level 82, it took a while, but they finally sent an update, which fixed the issue.
When there is an issue with a game, we need to let BF know, by clicking on the green envelope, so they can get an update to fix the problem.
I am going to play the trial now, so keeping fingers and toes crossed, will write a review, after I've tried it.
Happy gaming everyone, and have a great day !!

Edit: I played past level 9, and found no issues at all, at least not for me anyway.
This game is made by the same developers, that made The Perfect Tree, same music, with a little twist, in some parts of the game.
I really like this game, but am a little worried because someone said it was short, so not sure if I'm going to buy it or not yet ..HATE short games .
Looks like I am going to have to get my can of whoop **** out, for these developers that insist on making SHORT games..lol!!
Besides that I thought the game was much improved, and better than The Perfect Tree...so cute!!

Edited on 12/20/2010 at 10:49:36 AM PST

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Dec 20, 10 5:48 AM
The game was cute for kids, I like the HOG's much better but i did give it a try..
This game is a winner for My grand kids..I got spoiled with HOG..'s
well fishes have a great! day..

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Dec 20, 10 6:42 AM
I didn't have any problem on any level, but after playing about 2 hours the game said that I had completed all the levels, and wouldn't let me go on! There were still a few decorations that were locked and some I hadn't purchased, so I was extremely frustrated. I've never played a match 3 game that quit on me after such a short time, and usually boards repeat, especially when there are things to be purchased.

The problem with level 9 might have been a block that wasn't unlocked - some of the uncleared blocks were hard to spot, like those that are asurrounded by empty spaces. It's possible that Timbuctu missed a square. Has anyone else found the same problem?

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Dec 20, 10 9:12 AM
Thanks for getting this thread started up! I'm going to go ahead and sticky it up top so that it'll be easier to find.

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include a SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

-bfgDonau

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Dec 20, 10 11:07 AM
I just finished playing the rest of the demo hour. The music is pleasant, but does get very repetitious. The gameplay kept adding the usual match-3 power-ups - hammer, bombs, chained pieces, and such - so the gameplay continued to feel up-to-speed to me. I admit I was a bit jarred when the demo ended - I don't think I was quite ready for it to lol. I'm not planning to buy it, but I don't regret the time spent playing the demo.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Dec 20, 10 12:05 PM
I got stuck on level 4...board didn't register matches. Guess I was clicking matches too fast and a santa hat got caught on one of rainbow things and just kept spinning around with a blank spot underneath it. Doesn't matter to me, I was already bored with it. My favorite M3 has always been Big Kahuna Reef 1 and 2, and I haven't found many since that hold my interest. But I keep trying them, anyway. Played the latest Season match one and still on the Puppy Dress up one. Tried Farmscapes but didn't think it was as much fun as Gardenscapes, so I chose not to buy. I am hungry for a good hog...guess there won't be any pleasing me until one comes out, lol. I do have the feeling there is a CE headed our way.

Edited on 12/20/2010 at 12:06:44 PM PST

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Dec 20, 10 2:09 PM
I like this game. The graphics are nice, the music is not too irritating and IT DOESN'T HAVE A COUNTDOWN TIMER. I have always liked match 3 games but don't tend to buy them because of the timers. I get stuck in the higher levels so I don't usually look at them anymore. I tried this one because it looked like it would be enjoyable. It is. Since the timer only counts up it is not a problem. I might be able to finish this one eventually. It's taking me a while to get the coins and get rid of the plates in each level so it will take a while to finish the decorations. I should be done by New Year's eve. Maybe.

I would rather buy it as a daily double but I will pay full price for this one so the developers can make more of this kind of match 3 game.

DMH5321
Minnow
Minnow
250 Posts

[Post New]by DMH5321 on Dec 20, 10 5:32 PM
I have one word for this game--yuck! I tried hard to like it, but I felt like I was making a great effort and getting nowhere. First couple boards had two gold coins apiece. I finally hit a board that had four gold coins, so I was able to decorate a fair amount. After that it was one gold coin per board, board after board. Maybe the coins are randomly generated, but one at a time just doesn't work.

[Post New]by scrapping_nancy on Dec 20, 10 10:27 PM
enjoyed the game, mindless easy entertainment when you don't want to think. However did encounter some glitches, once matched the tiles would not re-fill on the board and I also could not clear the level. Too bad cause it may have been a buy.

[Post New]by dodlass3 on Dec 21, 10 5:34 AM
I played the game and liked it, so bought it, but it keeps getting stuck, two objects get stuck together, and some of the squares stick, won't drop even though it is a match. I tried the level 3 times but keeps sticking, please fix it..

[Post New]by buyfish on Dec 21, 10 12:15 PM
Christmas game?!?
Oh I thought it will be funny, cute and festive. But no.

Someone will get handful of coal for this game.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Dec 21, 10 1:49 PM
I really wanted to like this game. I was looking forward to a fun Christmas theme game. Unfortunately this one is not it. The game boards were unresponsive and slow. Nothing is worse that playing a sluggish match-3. I think it was due to the snow falling in the background. Also I found the snow falling in the background irritating. If I could have found the animation file for the snow fall in the scenes perhaps I could have turned it off. I think I could have played it just fine then.

I also found the background color of the tiles too faint to quickly determine which tiles still needed to be cleared. I tried to listen to the music but combined with the other irritations in the in the game it was distracting, so I turned it off.

Maybe I will write to the developer and ask how to turn off the snow fall.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Dec 21, 10 2:08 PM
I thought also that this game is too slow for me. I liked "Perfect Tree" last year much more and will play it again this year (btw: this game is not from the same developers!). A no buy for me, maybe as a Daily Deal someday

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Dec 21, 10 8:54 PM
Aside from the sluggish response time with tiles... this slow paced match game is perfect for family fun of all ages. Too easy and redundant for me and won't be purchasing. But I did enjoy the hour trial.

Genet1770
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by Genet1770 on Dec 25, 10 2:03 PM
Goofyduck, bless you for your great (as always) review! And huge thanks to for that lovely sale today - I dare not read over all 25, but I bought this game, and I also bought The Perfect Tree, and thank you so much for bringing them both up in the same thread, all. That helped me a lot. And I LOVE match-3's, lol. I also love the dark and creepy and the HOG's and IHOG's and FROG's and all the others, too.

Merry Christmas, all. It's a wonderful day.

Spookys_Mom
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by Spookys_Mom on Dec 27, 10 5:29 PM
Does anyone know how many levels or different screens? I played the demo and did not get past the first screen of decorating the yard. Surely there is more than just the one scene?

CLEMONSTWAIN
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by CLEMONSTWAIN on Dec 30, 10 2:48 PM

This was a delight! I'm not sure if I will buy tho. I have "Perfect Tree" and don't like the idea if it being a short game. If I miss it in a day or two I'll spend the money.
I have a feeling I'll be back.

Go to: