cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Roads of Rome II

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Dec 20, 10 2:22 AM
Yippee!!! there is a relaxed option in this game and so it is possible for my arthritic hands to play and complete the last 30 levels. Thank you for listening devs .

From what I have seen so far there isn't anything really different from the first game, apart from the above. You collect wood, food, stone, flowers, crystals etc and build roads. There are teleporter pads to access inaccessible areas but I am not sure if they were in the first game or not as I couldn't play it.

I didn't notice any music as such but that didn't bother me and the custom cursor behaved itself which is always a plus however I could have done without all the fireworks at the end of each level though.

As I love gathering and using resources I will be buying this game .

Cherb

Edited on 12/20/2010 at 9:03:02 AM PST

Elkestra
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,825 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Roads of Rome II

[Post New]by Elkestra on Dec 20, 10 2:37 AM
I just thought I'd look in and give a brief review of this game. Firstly, the most significant change, as mentioned by cherbtoo, is a Relaxed mode. I've played the first 10 levels (first section) of the game purely in relaxed mode, and it's still a lot of fun. The game play is very much as the original, with wood, berries and stone to collect, various buildings to construct, and obstacles to clear as you gradually complete the road. There are teleporters which your little people use automatically if what you wish them to collect is on the other side, as well as 'tight-rope' bridges to cross, barbarians to appease (with a toll of wood/food/etc), and all the usual challenge of trying to keep things efficient, without the stress of a timer (unless you want it of course).

Some niceties i did notice - your workers now use the storehouse as a second place to stay between jobs, so they are often nearer the work required, though if you misjudge things you can still end up with a worker coming from the wrong place. Also, the routing seems to be better, and there are often alternate paths that the workers will take (though you usually have to clear an obstacle from them).

The music was similar to the original, nothing to write home about, but pleasant enough. I agree that the fireworks at the end of each level were a bit over the top.

All in all, a fun game that I'm certain I'll be spending a credit on. Now if only they'd go back to 'Roads of Rome I' and add a Relaxed mode to that too.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Dec 20, 10 3:52 AM
Elkestra wrote: All in all, a fun game that I'm certain I'll be spending a credit on. Now if only they'd go back to 'Roads of Rome I' and add a Relaxed mode to that too.

Raises fin as another person who would purchase Roads of Rome I if only they were to put a Relaxed Mode in.

Hope you are reading this Devs .

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Dec 20, 10 5:25 AM
The graphics are well done. The gameplay starts as the same to Road of Rome I; however, there are now ladders, settlements, ropes to walk, caves to explore, submarines to use and barbarians...oh my. The storyline is well written and enjoyable; going into the realm of fantasy. Which all in all, isn't a bad thing. The music is the same as the first game, in the background and not annoying. A truly enjoyable game and yes there is now a relaxed mode.

This game is an A+.

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Dec 20, 10 5:40 AM
It's a keeper ! Great game and I don't think I've ever seen a sequel come out so quickly. I loved the first one and this one doesn't disappoint it's just as good as the first. The gameplay is the same as the first but the landscapes are different and you do have some different buildings also this time around you build ladders take a teleporter and have a storehouse and your little workers also stay in that as well as the camp. I bought it really quick into the demo and I'm so glad I did. The graphics are excellent the music is nice there is nothing that is bad about this game. I like the relaxed option I'm glad to see them do that for a time management game because they can get very hectic and sometimes it's really hard to meet all of your goals if there is a timer so a big thumb's up on the relaxed mode. This time around your building for the gods since Cesar has been poisoned. Absolutely love this game and I hope they continue to make more of these. Just a great game lots of fun lots to do but not overwhelming. Give it try you just might get hooked. Thanks Big Fish for another awesome game !

REDFIRER
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by REDFIRER on Dec 20, 10 5:41 AM
I love this game i like the first one 10 stars

FairyonPegasus
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,501 Posts

[Post New]by FairyonPegasus on Dec 20, 10 5:58 AM
The first one in the later levels made me crazy so decided to try this one in relaxed mode first time through...perfect example of a goal oriented game that doesn't need a timer. I was enjoying it so much I looked down at the clock and realized I was about to be booted and it seemed like I'd only played a short time. I got a giggle out of them walking across the tightropes. Relaxing and enjoying. Must have for those who are no longer able to play TM games for health reasons, but enjoy them, as stated there is a relax mode. Great game for those who like a challenge as well. Already purchased.

Refrenz
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by Refrenz on Dec 20, 10 6:41 AM
Great game - like an expansion pack for the first game which is awesome because I love the first game.

laeddie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by laeddie on Dec 20, 10 7:01 AM
Thanks for the great reviews/comments. I didn't remember that the original Roads of Rome didn't have a relaxed mode. I did finish it but only had expert on about half of them. Thanks for relaxed mode. I will download first (always try before you buy ) but I'm sure I'll use my credit from last month for this. Been waiting for a GOOD TM game for quite a while!

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Dec 20, 10 9:02 AM
Thanks for getting this thread started! I'm going to go ahead and sticky this at the top of the Roads of Rome II Forum.

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include a SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Have fun!

-bfgDonau

laeddie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by laeddie on Dec 20, 10 9:37 AM
Only played 2 levels but it's a keeper! If you played the first game this one starts out the same but based on other comments from people who played farther there is enough changes/additions to make it enjoyable. I'll buy now.

[Post New]by woodenshoe on Dec 20, 10 10:30 AM
Thanks loved Roads of Rome 1 and 2 is even better. The music is relaxing
and the game moves along really nicely. It's a keeper.

[Post New]by AngelLovesGames on Dec 20, 10 3:12 PM
I loved this game so much that I played all 40 levels in a single session, only leaving my computer to get something to drink from time to time. Why did I love it so much, even more than Roads of Rome I and My Kingdom for the Princess I & II? Because of the feature mentioned before, Relaxed Mode. I totally agree that all games like these ought to have this. I don't like to be rushed by a timer and whenever possible, I always turn the timer off. That's what makes this game perfect. No rush, beautiful gameplay, lots of fun elements in it. I'll definitely play the game again, and again, and again. That'll keep me nice and busy during the Holidays .

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Dec 20, 10 4:12 PM
I bought this one because I loved the first one and I got expert on every level of the last one. This one however looks alittle more involved with ladders and subs and other new things. I've decided to run through it once on relaxed mode so I can learn all the things I have to do, then I'll go through on timed mode. Thanks BF for the game.

[Post New]by vanderploeg on Dec 20, 10 7:21 PM
I love the fact that a Relaxed mode was added to this game. It is just a fun game to play. And with the Relaxed mode, I might even have a chance of finishing it!!
Now.... to figure out how I can squeeze it in the budget along with all those Xmas presents!
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to all the staff at Big Fish!!

togood2be
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by togood2be on Dec 20, 10 8:10 PM
I was looking forward to this game. I am playing difficult mode, not so difficult...YET although I did get a silver on level 25 I think..oops have to go back.
Those workers crack me up running on the tightrope, the submarine did put me off a bit. Sure seems like there is a whole lot more to do in a lot less time. Less road and more building.
All in all good game, no glitches, skips, hiccups or errors. Aces in my book

Wonderful!

[Post New]by littleoracle on Dec 20, 10 9:02 PM
Like before, 10 stars! The re-playability of "Roads to Rome" was so much, that I found myself repeating levels just to see if I could beat my own score.

These are the Time Management games that I like. Yes, I'm game for the relaxed timer, as I'll start a game and find myself stressed. I think it's safe to say that most TM players want to lose themselves in a game sometimes. Kind of why I'm waiting for gardening games in this oh, so vicious winter.

Anyway, like you've read on other reviews, plenty of pluses and bonuses. I still don't feel how the little bonus items really make a difference, but I found myself really enjoying the work of the game. In fact, I found the levels more difficult to strategize (i.e., build up the mine before the quarry - it'll come in handy later) however, I have to admit I just finished all the levels gold. Considering the first one took a few days, I'm surprised.

I am very much looking for the THIRD installment, but I have to admit, I wish it was MUCH longer. Kind of like the length of "My Kingdom for the Princess." For me to buzz through all of these at Gold level in one day is saying something.

Regardless, BRAVO. I loved it. Make another!!!

Mamalita
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by Mamalita on Dec 20, 10 11:39 PM
I'm on the third set of roads. The first twenty (2 sets) I was able to get gold without much difficulty. This third group is a little more difficult getting the order correct.

I am so glad that the cursor works on my computer in this game. I had to play Roads of Rome I on my husband's computer as the cursor was nonexistent on mine.

I'm glad I have bought the game even though I really need to finish up the Christmas gifts.

Vixen63
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Vixen63 on Dec 21, 10 12:55 AM
I liked the first RoR, more so after I figured out one could replay scenes -- in order to achieve expert status.

I like this sequel. It is pretty much the same as the first, but they've added some extra things to achieve, such as building settlements and temples. I like the little barbarians you have to bargain with.

Csgentry
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by Csgentry on Dec 21, 10 5:58 AM

I'm really enjoying this game. Very cute and keeps you interested. I'm planning to buy it.

Go to: