bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

Post any Roads of Rome II technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Dec 20, 10 9:00 AM
If you are having problems getting Roads of Rome II to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Edited on 01/03/2011 at 3:44:21 PM PST

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

Re:Post any Roads of Rome II technical issues here only

[Post New]by gimmegames on Dec 20, 10 10:11 AM
Froze the first time in the cave - level 5? I rebooted and tried again. The game asked for a different player name. Froze sooner - between levels 2 and 3 or thereabouts. Froze on the achievements screen.

Update: I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, and started a new profile, and was able to play the second half of the demo with no problems.

Edited on 12/20/2010 at 11:45:46 AM PST

tinam23
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by tinam23 on Dec 20, 10 11:10 AM
I went to the help section and found the link for access violation errors. I updated my directX, closed my antivirus application's & re-installed the game (my sound card was updated a week ago)...Still getting the error. Oh if only someone was working at BFG's...guess I'll go play faunasphere.

[Post New]by earwaxyness on Dec 20, 10 11:24 AM
I loved the first game so when I saw the second version I was excited. Unfortunately it is running super slow for me. Takes 4 minutes to play the first level! I've not had this problem with the first game. Too bad. It could be a really great one.

[Post New]by MsChelle62 on Dec 20, 10 1:39 PM
How come these poor guys don't know where they live? Starting in level 7 through 10 (that's as far as I've been), the workers sometimes go "home" to the storehouse instead of the worker's cabin. I admit sometimes it helps having the workers closer to the section of road they're working on. There's no consistency in their going to the wrong place; sometimes they go home, sometimes they go to the storehouse. When the level ends, there are usually two guys in one place and one guy in the other. Weird!

Elkestra
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,825 Posts

[Post New]by Elkestra on Dec 20, 10 2:25 PM
MsChelle62 wrote:How come these poor guys don't know where they live? Starting in level 7 through 10 (that's as far as I've been), the workers sometimes go "home" to the storehouse instead of the worker's cabin. I admit sometimes it helps having the workers closer to the section of road they're working on. There's no consistency in their going to the wrong place; sometimes they go home, sometimes they go to the storehouse. When the level ends, there are usually two guys in one place and one guy in the other. Weird!

They'll return 'home' to whichever place is nearest to where they are when they finish their task (collecting, building, etc). When you send them out to new tasks, the ones closest will go first (i think). Of course, if all your other workers are busy, and the only available one is in the furthest building, he'll be the one assigned the task.

[Post New]by dekrum22 on Dec 20, 10 4:18 PM
Can't get past the first level....keeps asking for player name again and then the first level shows up again...to bad really like the roads of rome games....

[Post New]by Geemama on Dec 20, 10 9:30 PM
Problem right away in 1st level. No text pops up when I put cursor on anything. For example, if cursor is put on road, just a blank white square pops up - does not show what is needed. If cursor is put on a tree, same thing - a blank white square - does not show that it yields "2 wood." Too bad - I really liked Roads I - looking forward to playing this one if I can.

parriepenn
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

I am so freaking tired of my computer being blamed!

[Post New]by parriepenn on Dec 20, 10 10:46 PM
They locked the only complaint thread so I made my own. I've deleted it and am reposting it here.

My computer crashed on the first level. No, my computer is not the problem. No, I am not updating my drivers for the 89th time this year. Or Java. Or Flash. Or DirectX. Or spending 8 hours troubleshooting anything else that isn't my fault. The problem is with the game.

I reformatted and reinstalled wndows less than a month ago. I've been doing this forever, so I'm not an idiot. THE PROBLEM IS WITH THE GAME! I will wait until a corrected version is released.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

I am so freaking tired of my computer being blamed!

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Dec 21, 10 4:52 AM
parriepenn wrote:They locked the only complaint thread so I made my own. I've deleted it and am reposting it here.

My computer crashed on the first level. No, my computer is not the problem. No, I am not updating my drivers for the 89th time this year. Or Java. Or Flash. Or DirectX. Or spending 8 hours troubleshooting anything else that isn't my fault. The problem is with the game.

I reformatted and reinstalled wndows less than a month ago. I've been doing this forever, so I'm not an idiot. THE PROBLEM IS WITH THE GAME! I will wait until a corrected version is released.

I'm sorry you are having problems but it runs perfectly on my pc using Vista HP. The first ROR however didn't;it was so slow it made the game unplayable. But since so many others were able to play it, I tend to think it's not the game but something about my PC that's not compatable. I get quite a few games that play slowly but are fine on a friend's computer so I can't blame the game. It could just be one small thing that causes this but I can't find what it is! But it's a shame you can't play it as it's highly enjoyable and addictive!!

trix
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by trix on Dec 21, 10 11:32 AM
bought the game and was loving it ! i enjoy that you can choose no time limit, just relax and enjoy the game. however, when i got to level 2 , for some reason i can not manage to get enough gold at the end to be able to go to next level ? i have played the same level about 5 times now, and i keep coming up short of gold!! does the storage building give you gold after some time, because i tried building it and didnt get anything ( gold) from it , then i tried not building it and was thinking i would have enough gold at the end to pay so i could pass .............. no such luck !! what am i doing wrong? or is there something i am missing, or something wrong with my game ? if anyone can help me with this i sure would greatly appreciate it as i do like this game and would love to keep playing . thanks

[Post New]by Mystryx on Dec 21, 10 3:41 PM
Does any one have any solutions to access violations? I have contacted BF and they can see no reason why this game shouldn't run. I have updated DirectX, turned my firewall off and everything is up tp date but I get the same access violation for this game and RoR one. These are the only two games I am getting this on. I am running Windows 7 but changing the propertes to "run in XP mode".
Really frustrating as the games look really good at a glance.

[Post New]by andreeaw2000 on Dec 21, 10 3:57 PM
Hi,
i can never pass level one, although i win it every time. it keeps asking for the players name. if i make a new player i can't see it in the menu. it is a bug or something? it's my first big fish games that doesn't work. thanks!

[Post New]by FloridaGirl7264 on Dec 21, 10 4:00 PM
I can't play this game either and I'm heartbroken. It keeps crashing on level 2. I really like the first one and although it runs a bit choppy when I started the game, it always evens out. But ROR2 runs choppy and then freezes. I uninstalled and installed. I've checked out the help pages and did all of the steps. Still crashes. I don't understand why I'm able to play ROR1 and can't play ROR2.

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Dec 21, 10 4:16 PM
Hi Fishies,

If you've already checked out our Help pages and are still running into issues with Roads of Rome II, please be sure to get in touch with our Customer Support department for further help.

Just let them know what you're experiencing and which steps you've already tried and they'll be happy to help further. Customer Support can be reached by clicking on the green envelope on the right-hand side of this page and then on the "Contact Us" section on the bottom left of the next page. Once you've entered your question and clicked to "Check for Answers," you'll be led to our Help pages. If these haven't helped, your question can be submitted from here.

If they send you steps that don't fix the problem, be sure to let them know so that they can recommend another option to try. They have a lot of great tricks up their sleeves.

If there is an issue with the game itself, then it is still important to get in touch with our Customer Support team, as they'll be able to gather pertinent information regarding which types of systems are being affected, which they can then share with the developer.

Hope this helps!

-bfgDonau

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Dec 22, 10 4:50 AM
trix wrote:bought the game and was loving it ! i enjoy that you can choose no time limit, just relax and enjoy the game. however, when i got to level 2 , for some reason i can not manage to get enough gold at the end to be able to go to next level ? i have played the same level about 5 times now, and i keep coming up short of gold!! does the storage building give you gold after some time, because i tried building it and didnt get anything ( gold) from it , then i tried not building it and was thinking i would have enough gold at the end to pay so i could pass .............. no such luck !! what am i doing wrong? or is there something i am missing, or something wrong with my game ? if anyone can help me with this i sure would greatly appreciate it as i do like this game and would love to keep playing . thanks

Building the storeroom gives you 1 extra of anything you collect. If you can upgrade it, you get 2 extra gold, wood, food, whatever you collect. Just don't use up gold on things you may not need at the start; you can bypass some tasks, do what's absolutely necessary and keep as much gold as possible for the end. Hopefully you can finish this addictive little game!

parriepenn
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by parriepenn on Dec 22, 10 10:48 AM
angelfish106,

You're such a nice person not to flame me! Roads of Rome 1 works perfectly on my computer; Roads of Rome 2 doesn't. Everything is up to date so I know it's not my computer.

We've been getting a lot of buggy games the last two years or so. We spend a great deal of time troubleshooting and updating to no avail. I would guess 90% of the time a patch comes that corrects the problem.

I own something like 400 Big Fish Games, so I've wasted a lot of time trying to correct an uncorrectable problem. Hence, my frustration and resentment at having my computer blamed for yet another buggy game.

I'm sorry to vent, but I've been needing to say that for a LONG time.

You are a very nice person.

Note: I finish the first level and it crashes.

Edited on 12/22/2010 at 10:51:52 AM PST

[Post New]by ladycobra3 on Dec 23, 10 11:44 AM
I ran into the same problem as some others have...access violation after finishing level 1. I took BFG's advice and updated my drivers. Now the game will not run in full screen, it runs in the middle of my screen with black framing it. I was playing Cake Mania: To the Max and everything was fine with that game but after updating my driver it is also not stretched to the full screen. Some games are still running like they should while others are not fitting the full screen. Has anyone else run into this problem? Since BFG's support is closed I am hopeful my fellow gamers will have a solution to this problem. I am running on Vista.

[Post New]by henthorm on Dec 26, 10 6:13 AM
trix wrote:bought the game and was loving it ! i enjoy that you can choose no time limit, just relax and enjoy the game. however, when i got to level 2 , for some reason i can not manage to get enough gold at the end to be able to go to next level ? i have played the same level about 5 times now, and i keep coming up short of gold!! does the storage building give you gold after some time, because i tried building it and didnt get anything ( gold) from it , then i tried not building it and was thinking i would have enough gold at the end to pay so i could pass .............. no such luck !! what am i doing wrong? or is there something i am missing, or something wrong with my game ? if anyone can help me with this i sure would greatly appreciate it as i do like this game and would love to keep playing . thanks

You can beat episode 1 level 2, spend some time adding up what you need the gold for and what you need to spend the gold on, use it wisely. If you are talking about episode 2 level 2 I am having the same problem and have added up the gold you need 39 vs the gold you can get 38 so I think there is a flaw since this appears to be a pretty large discrepancy.

[Post New]by Dragonclaws0554 on Dec 27, 10 1:47 PM
I just completed the game with all gold on my "dinosaur" computer and had no major problems. My only complaint is that when the fog shows up (the blowing through fog, not the thick fog) it slows everything down terribly. Is there a way to turn the blowing fog off?

Go to: