bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

The Mac version of Department 42: The Mystery of the Nine is here!

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Dec 20, 10 9:24 AM
If you would like to check it out, please go to the game page here. The game play will be the same across both PC and Mac platforms so you can use this forum to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Department 42: The Mystery of the Nine players.

If you need technical assistance for your Mac game, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom left of the next page. Or, if you’re a Game Club Member, by connecting to Live Chat.

To find answers online, you can take a glance at the Mac Game Errors help article.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link to the right of this page.

bulldog2
Clownfish
Clownfish
608 Posts

Re:The Mac version of Department 42: The Mystery of the Nine is here!

[Post New]by bulldog2 on Dec 20, 10 9:32 AM
Live Chat says closed for the Holidays, and this game does not work for MAC it freezes on the second chapter. Is BFG going to fix this soon???

mrwritesf
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by mrwritesf on Dec 20, 10 7:24 PM
It's hardly a reason to celebrate when the game doesn't work correctly. Fix it please!!!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 21, 10 12:04 AM
On Mac, blank screen for HOG in front of crashed car. Second HOG in that location.

[Post New]by DariusThe3rd on Dec 22, 10 10:01 AM
Same here. Demo worked fine, complete version crashed on second chapter. Deleted the preferences and the same thing happened again.

D3

[Post New]by bridgetaida on Dec 23, 10 7:42 AM
don't post it only here- sent a request to the help center- they think it's only on my mac.... but itis again a bug only for mac useres- and hopefully they will fix it as it had to in other games as well- why they don't play them through before putting them on the download

[Post New]by DariusThe3rd on Dec 23, 10 11:13 AM
bridgetaida wrote:don't post it only here- sent a request to the help center- they think it's only on my mac.... but itis again a bug only for mac useres- and hopefully they will fix it as it had to in other games as well- why they don't play them through before putting them on the download

I did write to CS when this happened and got a refund already so compliments on the quick service there. I do agree with you though that there have been quite a few Mac games arriving lately that haven't seemed to be properly tested. I can understand that when it happens to PC games as nearly every Windows computer has its very own configuration but except for built in memory, Macs don't differ that much from each other nowadays.

D3

bulldog2
Clownfish
Clownfish
608 Posts

[Post New]by bulldog2 on Dec 27, 10 11:13 PM
When is BFG going to fix this game?

muse13
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by muse13 on Feb 5, 11 6:09 PM
the mac version is not saving progress in the game! I finished the first part and quit and reloaded and had to do it all over again. Then I kept checking on next part progress and it seemed to be working. Then I completed the dreamcatcher task and was sent on to next task, decided to save that for another day. Then load game again and I am back at the trailer to start dreamcatcher task all over again!!! Really frustrating. What is the point to play more if you have to keep starting over.

mrwritesf
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by mrwritesf on Mar 19, 11 4:28 PM
I had the same problem as other posters here--gray screen on the 3rd or 4th level. I reported the bug and received a coupon code to purchase another game. What they didn't tell me at the time was that they voided the game from my account.

When I tried to re-install the game (thinking that maybe I missed the updated version with the problem corrected), I wasn't able to and reported that to CS. That's when they told me I had to re-purchase the game (because it was voided from my account) and I suppose I that's fair BUT...

..apparently, not ALL Mac users had this problem, which means the techies at BFG couldn't duplicate the problem and they haven't fixed the game. That means re-purchasing the game is no guarantee I'll get a version that works correctly.

Disappointing...

MickyTeddy
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by MickyTeddy on Jul 8, 11 2:03 AM
Well, now July-almost 4 months since the Mac version was released,- and no one has fixed this game.
Appalling. Will contact CS to express my concern they are still offering this game--bugs and all.

All I get is a black screen.
Only upgraded from Tiger recently.

Go to: