Bonus Level Expert?

GameFan
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

Bonus Level Expert?

[Post New]by GameFan on Dec 20, 10 9:31 PM
Hi has anyone got Expert on the Bonus Level? I have Expert on all the levels but haven't been able to figure out how to get expert on the Bonus Level. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Loved the game!

sipason
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

Re:Bonus Level Expert?

[Post New]by sipason on Dec 21, 10 1:46 PM
I've beaten bonus level with this method. This took about 10 minutes.

Camp
Sawmill x 3
Camp
Pig Farm
Quarry
Fisherman's hut
Gold mine
Storehouse x 3
Camp

After this, upgrade quarry and goldmine first and then upgrade food supply buildings.

Chop down trees to get extra wood.

Don't mine crystals unless you have enough gold and already built some temples.

Use hammer bonus to build something.
(This is very useful in early stage to build many things faster than usual)

Use pickaxe bonus to mine golds in lower right area.

Edited on 12/21/2010 at 1:47:16 PM PST

Mamalita
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by Mamalita on Dec 21, 10 10:16 PM
I've tried this level five times now, twice with this sequence. I still come up short especially with the quarry blocks, but the gold is also close. How can I get over there more quickly to get the quarry and mine producing earlier? Also, the big stone and the bridge to the pig farm have to be done before the second upgrade to the camp or else you are just sitting there with no resources to move onward.

GameFan
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by GameFan on Dec 21, 10 10:32 PM
I can get close. I have had the expert time run out while building my last building. Missing it by about 5 hammer strokes. I too have found that I have to build bridge and pig farm before camp or my guys are just hanging out doing nothing. I have come the closest not doing the fisherman's hut till after the gold mine. Also chopping down all the trees. Back to try again. I don't want to think about how many times I've replayed this level.

Thanks Sipason for the help. It's a great guideline and gave me a different way to think about it. Thanks again.

Edited on 12/21/2010 at 10:33:44 PM PST

togood2be
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by togood2be on Dec 22, 10 4:36 AM
I tried it twice, first time I upgraded everything to the max.. failed
2nd time, did not upgrade stone or gold to three, stopped at level 2 for both and it was a piece of cake, with lots of time to spare.

bedheadkg
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by bedheadkg on Dec 22, 10 6:14 AM
I did it by expanding the camp once straight away, then building the bridge to the pig farm (the transporter key is over there too) and at the same time the sawmill. I then headed towards the gold mine as quickly as possible building everything on the way, but not upgrading. I upgraded the camp again and when there was nothing else to do I had the spare workers chopping down trees. As soon as the gold mine was built I upgaded the storehouse as far as possible (that gives you 3 extra of everything every time, makes a big difference) and then upgraded the quarry and the goldmine as far as possible. I didn't have much spare time, but I got the expert time doing it like that.

[Post New]by cali_queen on Dec 22, 10 10:19 AM
my biggest tip is to get to the storehouse and upgrade 3 times as soon as possible. Don't cut down or mine any non-renewable resources until you have the storehouse at 3. Then all the gold and trees are plus 3. I built the sawmill, farm, quarry first, and then the storehouse by three. next was the gold mine and then the last farm. then upgrade the quarry and the gold mine to 3 times and the farms to three times. start with the hot air balloon side, then the fish boat side, then the other two temples last. don't mine the crystals until last.

GameFan
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by GameFan on Dec 22, 10 5:51 PM
Yipppeee! I did it. Tried several different ways. I think one of the biggest things that I forgot was not to take any of the non renewable resources until the storehouse was ungraded to 3 so you get the extras. Thanks cali queen. I had forgotten about that.

Great game!!

[Post New]by madisonjo1 on Dec 26, 10 2:44 PM
None of this has worked for me! :o( About to throw my laptop across the room...

[Post New]by eiggorf on Dec 27, 10 8:09 PM
madisonjo1 wrote:None of this has worked for me! :o( About to throw my laptop across the room...

So there with ya! Nothing works..

[Post New]by madisonjo1 on Dec 27, 10 8:37 PM
I finally got it and I don't know how.

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by Csustar on Dec 28, 10 8:48 AM
madisonjo1 wrote:I finally got it and I don't know how.

Know what you mean, many levels I don't remember how I got, just got them by hair of my chinny chin chin.
This bonus level is a burger bear, I have tried all the hints, but come up short on one or two of my resources every time.
Is it my imagination or does it take a little longer to get the resources the higher you upgrade them?
Going back one more time again.

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by Csustar on Dec 28, 10 10:09 AM
Na,na,na-na-na. I did it!!!!!!
Camp
sawmill and road at same time
transporter key & build pig pen, down to chasm and build stone quarry.
camp upgrade
cut trees around camp & build storage,
bridge and build mine
at this point everything is producing 5
upgrade storage to 3 level, get all 4 workers, cut every tree available
use hammer and upgrade all but sawmill and build balloon and boat
keep gathering resources.
sawmill is producing 5 everything else 7
as soon as axe shows up, get it and gather all your gold resources
keep gathering resources as produced, upgrade all to level 3 except sawmill, now sawmill produces 5, everything else 9, now pay at least 3 of your barbarians or 4 if you have the resources
gather, gather, gather, build ladders where needed, when the hammer shows up again, get it and build at least 3 temples.
gather, gather, gather, axe shows up then do crystals
I even had time left over.

bbeaver1946
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by bbeaver1946 on Dec 28, 10 7:47 PM
Csustar, You have made my day. After about 30 tries your method worked. Thank You

Mopface
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

Bonus Level Expert?

[Post New]by Mopface on Dec 29, 10 10:01 AM
How do you get into the Bonus Level? I've played all the levels and am on 40 out of 41 but my Bonus Level is locked.

Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in Advance & Happy New Year!

kathyph
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by kathyph on Dec 31, 10 12:12 PM
Csustar wrote: Na,na,na-na-na. I did it!!!!!!
Camp
sawmill and road at same time
transporter key & build pig pen, down to chasm and build stone quarry.
camp upgrade
cut trees around camp & build storage,
bridge and build mine
at this point everything is producing 5
upgrade storage to 3 level, get all 4 workers, cut every tree available
use hammer and upgrade all but sawmill and build balloon and boat
keep gathering resources.
sawmill is producing 5 everything else 7
as soon as axe shows up, get it and gather all your gold resources
keep gathering resources as produced, upgrade all to level 3 except sawmill, now sawmill produces 5, everything else 9, now pay at least 3 of your barbarians or 4 if you have the resources
gather, gather, gather, build ladders where needed, when the hammer shows up again, get it and build at least 3 temples.
gather, gather, gather, axe shows up then do crystals
I even had time left over.

kathyph
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by kathyph on Dec 31, 10 12:13 PM
Thanks! It finally worked under your guidance! Thank You!!! I was ready to explode

[Post New]by Toni1975 on Dec 31, 10 4:17 PM
Thank you Csustar!!!!

Bonus Level Expert?

[Post New]by buffster_fan on Dec 31, 10 10:40 PM
Mopface wrote:How do you get into the Bonus Level? I've played all the levels and am on 40 out of 41 but my Bonus Level is locked.

Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in Advance & Happy New Year!

You need to have completed all 40 levels at Expert level, then the Bonus Level will be unlocked.

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Jan 1, 11 3:08 AM
No matter what I do I still don't have enough blocks in the end

Go to: