bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Kingdom of Seven Seals

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Dec 21, 10 9:23 AM
What do you think of Kingdom of Seven Seals? We value your reviews, as do many of the other Fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and reviews in this thread! Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Kingdom of Seven Seals

[Post New]by shorenuf on Dec 21, 10 12:37 PM
Amazing -- this game simply does not exist beyond BFG. Super exclusive, apparently There are no reviews or forums for it anywhere…

I downloaded it and gave it a 20 minute whirl. IF we had never played another game, you might almost call this one charming. I suspect it's going to teach some lessons along the way and might be meant to play with a child. The game is simple to understand -- you follow a map that is always available to go to the next highlighted location. The character you encounter will send you all over the map to complete a task -- these road treks have no highlights and will get tiresome, I suspect. The scenes change from day to night -- that would be a nice touch if it didn't happen every 30 seconds! The hidden object scenes give you items you need for the tasks, but you won't scratch your head for directions or instructions. The objects are actually fairly well hidden (a kid will find them first, probably!) I encountered no puzzles -- just 2 cottages where you could play a coinless slot machine to win coins. They collect as a pot of gold in your inventory. The artwork is appropriate to the game. The full life characters have personality but are not animated in any way. (Their art style looks a bit like those in Steve the Sherriff.)

I googled the developer Puppet Life -- also nothing. So, it is a curiosity, but not a game I would spend leisure time on knowing what better than this can be.

bajacalla
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by bajacalla on Dec 21, 10 1:44 PM
I could not make head nor tail of this game. the one HOG scene I got to was muddy, murky, and the items are almost impossible to see. I couldn't see where there was any logic to going to one location just to go to another location to go to another location and getting absolutely *no* further into the story - it's almost like it's set up so you have to have all the quests lined up like dominoes, so when you finally can complete one, they all get completed in turn.

it's a no-go for me.

[Post New]by KatrinaFee on Dec 21, 10 7:59 PM
There are more HOG scenes, but all with tiny items that are hard to see. There are some rudimentary jigsaw puzzles. The slot machines make sense later, when you do need money. However, about 40 mins in, you need to 'summon the guard'--and suddenly there was no highlighted location on the map that seemed to have anything to do with guards, and having traipsed back and forth for a while, had a look on line and tried out the in-game help, my demo time ran out. And I think I'll leave it at that.

[Post New]by carolbeth_walk on Dec 21, 10 8:47 PM
so I bought it and played it through. It's okay. A little confusing at times. Twice I had trouble locating what I needed. I figured it out - obviously. There's a lot of back and forth. I was able to pick up many items that I never needed and never found out what they were for.

It's not the worse game I've played, but far from the best. Most of the time is spent going from one area to another. There are a couple of mini-games but few scenes are actually HOG. I give it a 5.75 out of 10.

[Post New]by marycai on Dec 22, 10 11:42 AM
Where in the kingdom is the small turtle? It's supposed to be near a bridge but there is no ! to show you. Also when will there be a walkthrough?

[Post New]by KatrinaFee on Dec 23, 10 12:43 AM
The small turtle was slightly to the north and east of the Big Turtle (I think--I found it by going over every single river, so it was pretty roundabout). When you get there, it's easy to see a turtle shape in the river to the right of the bridge.

cjwevr3
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Kingdom of Seven Seals

[Post New]by cjwevr3 on Dec 23, 10 7:38 AM
bfgDonau wrote:What do you think of Kingdom of Seven Seals? We value your reviews, as do many of the other Fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and reviews in this thread! Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

cjwevr3
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by cjwevr3 on Dec 23, 10 7:41 AM
I am enjoying this game. However I can find only 1 guard and am frustrated running around trying to find more. Also, even with the one I found I didn't "get" him so don't know how to use him for protection. Any ideas/help would be appreciated.

[Post New]by cindle8395 on Dec 25, 10 7:50 PM
I enjoy the game but can't seem to get past "talking to the water". I go to the water but she asks for a guard and nothing else happens. This is right after visiting the fairy. Can anyone help? Wish there was a walkthrough!

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

[Post New]by swedane on Dec 25, 10 9:23 PM
SPOILER ALERT
cjwevr3 wrote:I am enjoying this game. However I can find only 1 guard and am frustrated running around trying to find more. Also, even with the one I found I didn't "get" him so don't know how to use him for protection. Any ideas/help would be appreciated.

For help with guarding any and all the houses; ask the guard outside the dragons house.

Edited on 12/25/2010 at 9:27:29 PM PST

[Post New]by debopaints on Dec 26, 10 2:19 PM
anyone know where I can find the baby dragon?

deporodh
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by deporodh on Dec 27, 10 6:26 PM
swedane wrote:SPOILER ALERT
cjwevr3 wrote:I am enjoying this game. However I can find only 1 guard and am frustrated running around trying to find more. Also, even with the one I found I didn't "get" him so don't know how to use him for protection. Any ideas/help would be appreciated.

For help with guarding any and all the houses; ask the guard outside the dragons house.

HOW? My guidebook says to get guards for the Water's house, when I go to the Dragon's lair the dragon says there's nothing for me to do here. When I click on the figure of the armored knight outside the lair nothing happens. If I'm missing steps in this trainwreck, it's durn near impossible to figure that out.

Like the first poster, help would be appreciated. (I'm on a Mac if it makes any diff.)

deporodh
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by deporodh on Dec 31, 10 12:47 AM
I bought the game to begin with. Almost everything I have bought from Big Fish / Mac has been fully functional on my Mac as long as I checked system requirements beforehand. (The two that didn't were cheerfully supported and refunded.)

Kingdom of Seven Seals...
Baby steps. The game could be reasonably entertaining *if* it had something a lot more like help built in. The fairy is a source of hints, but she stands up very poorly compared to Reyna in A Gypsy's Tale: The Tower of Secrets (where hints are first-level help and Reyna is second-level help, as I think of it).

As it stands, it's a boring little zone-out with way too much repetitive action without any justification (in game terms) like acquiring extra clues or providing other sources of information.

1. I agree with the posters who griped about the relatively minor component of hidden object scenes to this game. I think I have done two, perhaps three of them so far, and mostly solved them by means of hints.
2. The HOG scenes are worse (on a 17-inch laptop screen, all I have to play these games on) than usual for visibility of objects! First, several of the HOs are tucked into dark bits of the screen, and without a much larger screen, even with my vision corrected to 20-20 (translation: I'm over 40 and now require reading glasses), all I can do is blind-click in those corners on anything that looks the wrong texture or hints of a different tint.
3. The game is frustrating in part because it has the foundation to be a pretty *good* game---with another six months work by the developer.

Overall, as it stands? I'm a grown-up, and I've given up. I suspect your average 8-year-old would be bored to tears in two to twenty minutes!

Going now to compose my refund request.

Deb

SPOILER ALERT!

[Post New]by Thunderboult on Jan 11, 11 8:32 PM
Oh, wow. Where to begin. I am a huge Big Fish Game fan, but this one really let me down. Struggled through this game with aimless wandering and no direction. Didn't use all the objects I was instructed to find, and didn't find all that I was supposed to, yet somehow managed to end this silly game. It was a huge disappointment, and while I made it to the end there was no satisfaction. I couldn't wait to delete it to the trash. Highly recommend anyone even considering this game to not make the same mistake I did. I can't believe this one passed your standards BF! Someone was obviously sleeping on the job.

[Post New]by bklyangel on Jan 19, 11 7:49 PM
Spoiler Alert

In order to get the guards to stat protecting homes, you need to go to the mermaid and help her clean the ocean floor, she will give you a seal in thanks. That seal will allow you to order the guard around. I spent half an hour trying to figure that out and now my time is up. I will not be buying this game, it takes too long to move around from one place to another and there isn't anything to help you out when you get stuck.

Edited on 01/19/2011 at 8:00:23 PM PST

jeffory
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by jeffory on Jan 25, 11 12:28 AM
How the heck do you fix the fountain and clean it to purify it, all the fairy says is to put so much of something in each thing and I cannot find anything to put in there, all I have been able to do is clean the stupid jars???????

Rose151
Clownfish
Clownfish
520 Posts

[Post New]by Rose151 on Jan 25, 11 12:39 AM
Even with the map I still ran around in a lot of circles. When I see a developer's name that I don't recognize I'm willing to give the game a chance but I won't be getting this one.
On another post for another game, a member asked if it wasn't possible to list the developer's name with the game that is for sale. I agree.

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Jan 25, 11 12:50 AM
I Detest, Abhor this type of a game. Wouldn't puchase it as a DD. I have beta tested so many great games lately that I don't understand why they aren't available.

brooklynblonde
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by brooklynblonde on Jan 25, 11 1:22 AM
Wow, this game is so disappointing, I don't know why it was even offered. Waaaay too much game time spent running around in circles, HOG scenes are horrible, impossible to see a lot of objects. What a waste of time-YIKES!!!!

Edited on 01/25/2011 at 1:23:00 AM PST

Go to: