b4nu
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

Even with the wt this game is too hard

[Post New]by b4nu on Dec 21, 10 8:39 PM
Boy, I love a challenge, but this one has me pulling my hair out. Even following the walkthrough, I'm having a very hard time.

I'm definitely getting my money's worth because it might take me until May to get through this. Most of it absolutely doesn't make any sense, and the obvious inventory items use other items that I would never think to try to combine.

I guess I should be careful what I wish for. This is a challenge WAY over my happy, relaxed, gaming head.

One thing I wouldn't mind seeing is a sparkling area or a hint. Just my humble opinion.

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

Re:Even with the wt this game is too hard

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Dec 22, 10 8:28 AM
He he.... sorry about that. I can not tell you how many times I got stuck! LOL But I finally managed to finish the game. I admit though, I did sneak a peek at the online YOUTUBE video walkthrough someone put up. I tried not too, but I got a little impatient a couple of times, and the walkthrough saved my ****! GREAT game though, but I must admit, for some reason, I did not care for the ending. I don't know why, but I was hoping for a little more pizzazz or something. In any case, just keep at it, and you will finish it. ENJOY.

P.S> I'll probably get shot for this, but if you are interested in the Youtube video walkthrough, just go to Youtube and search out via the game title. I forget where it is, but the best one, is by someone with 'adventure gamer' in their name. They actually recorded the entire game play! Sometimes, it is better to see how something is done, then just read it, in an online walkthrough. Good luck & enjoy. Happy Holidays.

Edited on 12/22/2010 at 8:30:41 AM PST

Maven
Clownfish
Clownfish
944 Posts

[Post New]by Maven on Dec 22, 10 11:17 AM
b4nu, I agree with you: I love a challenging game but part of this one was impossible for me! I was able to avoid using a walk-through until the power plant bomb scene. The lasers and detonation were just too much, even with the drawing "hint" in the game. If I see that cut scene with the building exploding even ONE more time....

[Post New]by hideobjectaddict on Dec 22, 10 8:50 PM
Hi, I went ahead & bought this bcuz I figured the file size would give me my money's worth, yet I am a newbie @ this type of game. I love Law & Order Criminal Intent, the show, so I tried the demo Vengeful Heart & it took the whole hour stopping & trying again to get the bat 2gether. So far in this game, I've collected plenty of things in her apt., but can't get any further. I try to use the letter opener on her mail & I get "not gonna happen" & "these things don't go 2gether", I'm lost, stuck, don't get it. But I have yet to try the walkthrough which is next, or try the youtube video (thanks for the hint). Any advice would be appreciated. Oh, btw, I also bought NIBRI or whatever it is, & it's just sitting there on my game manager after walking up & down that dumb bridge, talking to the dumb painter, the female would pop-up at the bottom of the screen now & then, but when I clicked on her, she went bye-bye. I'll be waiting patiently for some advice about this type of game, thanks in advance. Happy Holidays Gamers!!!

Edited on 12/22/2010 at 8:53:33 PM PST

Maven
Clownfish
Clownfish
944 Posts

[Post New]by Maven on Dec 23, 10 5:49 AM
hideobjectaddict: This is a difficult game to cut your teeth on if you're new to adventure games. I have played many of them -- usually without walk-throughs -- because I love challenging games.
My two cents on these types of games: Pick up everything in your path; if you don't need it now, you'll likely need it later. Don't skip dialogs, mouse-overs, anything that the game offers. Sometimes these are triggers in the game. If you pass them or miss them, you cannot progress.
It's funny you mention NIBRI because I bought that a long time ago and, like you, remember being stuck on a bridge someplace. Guess I'll have to resurrect that game and see if I'm any better now...
Happy holidays and happy gaming!

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jan 3, 11 1:34 PM
Interesting thread! Nibiru and this game have something critical in common - right-click to examine. You'll never progress without it.

lilgirl88
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
463 Posts

[Post New]by lilgirl88 on Jan 5, 11 11:31 PM
OMG I spent over half my trial time trying to figure out how to play before I came to the forums. You've saved me Mr Russ thanks to you I enjoyed the rest of my trial. Thanks for the help.

Go to: