bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Vacation Quest: The Hawaiian Islands

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Dec 22, 10 2:11 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Vacation Quest: The Hawaiian Islands? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Vacation Quest: The Hawaiian Islands

[Post New]by heatherington on Dec 22, 10 2:51 AM
All you had to do was say Spintop and I'm there.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Dec 22, 10 4:43 AM
My introductions to Spin Top Games were Escape Whisper Valley and Escape Rosecliff Island, both of which I have played multiple times to "beat" my score. I've only played a few minutes of Vacation Quest: The Hawaiian Islands, but I already know it's a buy. No, not a great story line, but just a good old-fashioned HOG, with replay value for me. Not stressful, just fun. Graphics are pleasant, objects are not dark and teeny. There's no missing grandfather or perky girl archeologist. The music might get on my nerves after a bit, but right now, I'm finding it bright and cheerful. There are other games out there in the works that I'm looking forward to with complicated stories and play, but right now, this one's for me.

[Post New]by JolieBlanc on Dec 22, 10 5:32 AM
This is an terrific H.O. game by Spin Top. Objects are clear, fast refill on the hint button and the sound track grooves. It loads fast but this is a long game. I'm loving every minute of it and I think you will also.

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Dec 22, 10 6:45 AM
Nice, relaxing, mind-numbing scene after scene of hidden objects. The music got a bit much after a while but the objects are easy to find and the hints are plentiful. Nice break from the spooky.

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on Dec 22, 10 8:12 AM
Spin Top Games?

It's a buy for me...

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Dec 22, 10 9:05 AM
The graphics are clear and well done. The gameplay is HOG with some interactive items. Spin Top repeats their excellent work with this game. There are no items that are dark, misshapen or too small to find. There are mini-games such as find the differences as well as a relaxed mode and unlimited hints (see the options). Also finding seashells will extend your "vacation." There are locked games as well. This is an excellent HOG and Spin Top has excelled. Thank you for this game.

This game is an A++.

VolleymomDee
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by VolleymomDee on Dec 22, 10 9:11 AM
Yay for Spintop! This is a standard HOG with sunlight, great graphics, and sunshine. I am delighted not to be scared out of my wits or grossed out or blind from searching for nearly non-existent black hidden objects! This will be a welcome reprieve! Thanks!

kanmom3
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

light the tiki torch

[Post New]by kanmom3 on Dec 22, 10 9:11 AM
I am really dense today but I can't find a lighter or match or fire so how do you light it

Aka21
Flounder
Flounder
2,025 Posts

[Post New]by Aka21 on Dec 22, 10 9:15 AM
I really enjoy the Spintop HOG games. I have purchased all of them and will buy this one too. Nice relaxing traditional HOG.

kanmom3
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

found it sorry

[Post New]by kanmom3 on Dec 22, 10 9:17 AM
I found the way to light it if I was more patient but i get anxious with these silly games LOL!

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Dec 22, 10 9:47 AM
This is a good game for you, if you like "straightforward-hogs" like the Mystery P. I. series. For me its not interactive enough (I prefer at the moment ihogs). No buy for me

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Dec 22, 10 10:06 AM
Hi Fishies!

I wanted to swim by real quick to provide a link to some additional great reviews for Vacation Quest: The Hawaiian Islands, which can be found here.

Please be sure to check them out!

Thanks!

-bfgDonau

[Post New]by CalifDreaming on Dec 22, 10 11:42 AM
PopCap/SpinTop Games! I'm always ready for those.
As other fishies have commented I too am tired of having to do "things" for people so they can help me on my way. "Oh, can you unplug the toilet/clean the toilet for me? Oh, and while you're at it, go to the grocery store, post ofc., etc. and then I'll help you save the world." Give me a break!
It's cold and dreary so looking at sun and surf will go some to warm my body.
Even if you decide to go timed, there is enough time to find the extras and the regular items. It's always nice to flex the brain cells around what needs to be found/done in these games.
Thank you for this holiday treat!
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to all fishies (sp).

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Dec 22, 10 1:02 PM
This game has lovely scenery and I didn't mind the music but was quickly bored with the game. I guess I want something more than a straight hidden object game. I personally prefer a little interaction like finding things to do other things. I'm glad so many of you love it but it just isn't a game for me.

Badgerrrt
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by Badgerrrt on Dec 22, 10 1:14 PM
The game is bright , cheerful and relaxing. I need that this time of year. Theres alot of the HOGS that are dark and with spooky themes. This is a nice change!

ros13
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by ros13 on Dec 22, 10 1:36 PM
What a pleasure it is to play a glitch-free game like this. I spent hours last night playing Mystery of Mortlake Mansion-not because I was eager to get through the game-it just took hours because of the temperamental cursor and the ages it took to go to a new room. Mystery does not seem to suit my computer. Vacation Quest might not have a story line or exciting graphics but it came as a bit of light relief with no hassle, just what I need three days before Christmas. As it's been a maximum of -5 outside today, the sight of palm trees and beaches reminded me that Winter won't last forever.
Happy holidays

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Dec 22, 10 1:51 PM
I don't know if I should be insulted because I am OLD or what? I play all kinds of games and think other gamers should not insult people our age? The Spin Top games do a good job and graphics are clear. I do agree that once you have played one, you can expect more of the same. But.. a good game overall..

Edited on 12/22/2010 at 1:52:49 PM PST

slotfish
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by slotfish on Dec 22, 10 3:03 PM
Good game but where is the raven????LOL

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Dec 22, 10 3:45 PM
I do believe that PopCap & SpinTop have come up with another classic. Sure, the style may be dated (no voice, little interaction to speak of, no fragmenting), But the graphics, background sounds and music, the hidden-object visibility, and the bonus seashell hunts are top-notch. This is just a relaxing (no "broody," no "moody," no "macabre," (all of which I like, BTW)) tropical experience (especially with a New England winter on the doorstep!).

Edited on 12/22/2010 at 3:48:50 PM PST

Go to: