Open the coffin to get puzzle piece

[Post New]by jojobum50 on Dec 22, 10 9:14 AM
I can't get the coffin to open, yet my grandson went through the game and the coffin opened the first time he hit it with the hammer. Do I have to start my game over since it won't open?? Help

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:Open the coffin to get puzzle piece

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 22, 10 9:40 AM
This is a glitch that occurs if you don't hammer the coffin as soon as you arrive in the scene. Indeed, yes, you will need to start over under a new name and when you get to that scene hammer the coffin first thing. Or, the new fix supposedly fixes this, so you could try updating your game or uninstalling and reinstalling. You shouldn't lose your game progress with an update or reinstall.

[Post New]by jocelan on Dec 27, 10 9:59 AM
The coffin does NOT open. I not only paid for this game, I also paid to get the CD. You can best believe that this is going right back and my credit card had bloody well better have been credited. I am extremely disappointed. There is no way to go any further than this coffin, because it will not open, no matter where you hit it.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 27, 10 12:52 PM
Hi jocelan! Did you try the updates for your on-computer game?

I don't know how the updates work for a CD though. Is it possible to get that updated or does it need to be sent back for a new version? I understand you are returning yours for a refund, but I'm just wondering for other folks. Thanks, jocelan.

[Post New]by xxtacy on Dec 28, 10 6:42 AM
I too can not get the coffin to open,,,i have spent 3 hours attempting even uninstalling and reinstalling the game,,,its no use......You would think they would have an update to fix this "glitch". It is a shame and very frustrating to get this far in the game and not being able to get any further.

[Post New]by SurrealBabe on Dec 28, 10 10:51 AM
Same here. I also uninstalled and reinstalled. No luck. Was pretty much enjoying the game but I really don't want to start over.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 28, 10 11:13 AM
I'm wondering if you folks are updating using your game manager? Or are you just uninstalling and re-downloading from BFG's site? I thought this shouldn't make a difference, but maybe it does.

[Post New]by xxtacy on Dec 28, 10 4:45 PM
Personally,,,i dont think we should have had to load/reload,,,start over with a new character etc.,,,,the game should work....period. Whether or not you do not do it as soon as you enter the scene or not, it should work......At the very least, they should have posted this "glitch".

Go to: