Worst game by far

[Post New]by thellcat75 on Dec 22, 10 11:25 AM
I had just finished the game and never got to use the bellows,hand drill,and the milk. Plus the game would freeze on me when doing a hidden scene,closing out an area close up,or going down a path. Also I felt there could have been more to this game than what I expected. This has been one of the worst games I have played so far.

Liz_Lemon
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

Re:Worst game by far

[Post New]by Liz_Lemon on Dec 29, 10 6:25 PM
Jeebus. I try not to make blanket statements about games, but wow, this one could be the worst ever.
It's either rudimentary easy or it's stupid smart.
I should have just burned the money.

poppy45
Clownfish
Clownfish
834 Posts

[Post New]by poppy45 on Feb 1, 11 7:57 PM
I agree-waste of money-why can't game techs-add a button to lighten dark scenes-which most games have

mcbobbin
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by mcbobbin on Feb 15, 11 7:33 PM
how weird....i had to use the hand drill to drill the bucket to get the bone for the dog....but I also didn't use the milk, necklace, or something else I can't remember. when I got arrested, it just said "They took all my belongings!!"

Sheesh. I even TRIED to feed milk to the silly cat! LOL

Mac_too
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Mac_too on Feb 16, 11 4:19 PM
I'm with you. How stupid is it to collect stuff and never get a chance to use it. I started to play again but the disappearing inventory was too annoying. This game is going in the trash bin.

Linde36
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Linde36 on Mar 6, 11 9:35 PM
I never thought to use the drill for the barrel. Good grief. I just kept passing that yapping/barking dog without a clue as to where the bone was! I never got to use the bellows or the necklace. I did manage the milk for the cat (who was a familiar).

One weird point- the two girls in the forest were pretty young, in that hysterical environment, to be doing any ritual. It was never explained what the ritual was. The objects "lost" by the one girl, along the way, were never recovered. That was a bit odd.

Weretacha
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Weretacha on Mar 18, 11 12:25 PM
I think the "lost" objects were the rune stones you picked up at various places.

I found the silly "family heirloom" thing annoying. If anything was practically guaranteed to get you nailed for being a witch, whipping that sucker out and charming various animals was almost certain to be it!

Yes, you drill the barrel the first time (and why wouldn't the bucket have worked anyway?), but you get the drill again. Goodness knows why.

Aside from having to start over twice because of those peculiar lock-ups when I lost my inventory, and the one thing I needed to go on with was missing, it was a fast play. Puzzles were embarrassingly easy. The ending was really lame. Seriously, if anything could prove a pact with the Devil for those nutcases, the convenient lightning strike would have done it.

edit: Seriously Big Fish? The word that means peculiar and starts with a 'q' is bleeped?

Edited on 03/18/2011 at 12:27:01 PM PST

[Post New]by l8nytsimmer on Nov 2, 11 5:34 AM
I have to disagree. I enjoyed the game, and the story, and had no problem with it whatsoever. The graphics could have been better, and the ending was too abrupt, but all things considered, I'd give the game 4 1/2 stars. The only thing I really didn't like was all of the running from place to place. I have a terrible sense of direction and kept getting lost! I had to keep referring to the Walk Through, so I'd know where to go next!

I agree with Weretacha about the heirloom thingy. Stopping to "exercise" all of those critters actually slowed the pace of the story and the game. It really wasn't necessary to the plot or the game play at all. I also wondered why we had to drill the rain barrel, when we already had the bucked. It would have drained slowly either way. You're quite right about they way people would have reacted to seeing the girl, take out that Heirloom thing and "exercise" the forest critters. If you as much as had a mole on your cheek during the Salem incident, they would have called it "The Mark Of The Devil"! Waving that heirloom thing around was certain to get the girl burned at the stake!That lightning strike at the end? They definitely would have believed that the Devil was rescuing one of his minions.

I, personally, found the puzzles hard to figure out. But, the again, I do not have a very logical mind, and puzzles always baffle me. I especially hate the ones, where you have to keep clicking all over the place, but can never seem to get everything lit up. I'm useless when it comes to putting together those networks of pipes, or electrical circuits. I just blank out! If it wasn't for the Walk throughs, I'd NEVER get past those things!

The lost articles that the little girl dropped? Those were the Runes, we had to collect. But, as someone already said, those two children were WAY too young for doing rituals in the woods. If they had gotten caught, they'd have been burned or hung with all the others! A BIG writer error, there!

I got to use everything I collected, except for the necklace. The ending was just to abrupt to figure out what exactly happened. Was it the necklace that caused the lightning? Was it the Fireflies? I enjoyed the game, and consider it worth the $6.99 I paid for it, but the writers and planners definitely could have done a LOT better!

Go to: