Godsgamer
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

Real Meaning of Christmas - SPOILER!

[Post New]by Godsgamer on Dec 23, 10 7:31 PM
I liked this game very much. It was very short (I finished it within my demo period with 3 minutes to spare). I really enjoyed the last puzzle which spoke to the First Christmas. There are probably some people who will hate it just for that and maybe there should be some sort of head ups so they won't feel duped by the subject matter. For myself, I would enjoy seeing a game based on the First Christmas (if it is done respectfully).

I also enjoyed the 12 Days of Christmas aspect of the game. I do wish they had set it up so you would only find one of the items per screen. That would have made the game much longer. All in all a pretty good game but I must admit I probably won't buy it until I see it as a DD (due to the length),

Merry Christmas Fishies!! Have a wonderful New Year!!!

Seester2
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

Re:Real Meaning of Christmas - SPOILER!

[Post New]by Seester2 on Dec 23, 10 7:38 PM
Personally. I don't agree that there should be a head's up. I for one, as a Christian, am tired of apologizing to non-Christians... especially at Christmas. If they don't like the end of the game for the religious aspect then they can just keep it to themselves. I thought it was lovely.
Thanks for the post.
Merriest of Christmases!

[Post New]by cindybabykucay on Mar 30, 11 1:53 PM
Hey its the end of march and it was still fun...especially sinc its still cold out

FORTUNATUS
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

Real Meaning of Christmas - SPOILER!

[Post New]by FORTUNATUS on Dec 15, 11 2:46 PM
Godsgamer wrote:I liked this game very much. It was very short (I finished it within my demo period with 3 minutes to spare). I really enjoyed the last puzzle which spoke to the First Christmas. There are probably some people who will hate it just for that and maybe there should be some sort of head ups so they won't feel duped by the subject matter. For myself, I would enjoy seeing a game based on the First Christmas (if it is done respectfully).

I also enjoyed the 12 Days of Christmas aspect of the game. I do wish they had set it up so you would only find one of the items per screen. That would have made the game much longer. All in all a pretty good game but I must admit I probably won't buy it until I see it as a DD (due to the length),

Merry Christmas Fishies!! Have a wonderful New Year!!!

I realize this is an old post, but have to put in my two cents...

The definition of Christmas is the annual festival of the Christian church commenmorating the birth of Jesus: celebrated on December 25.

All of a sudden they (Christians) have to walk on eggshells, be apologetic, (?) that is nonsense IMO.

If anyone doesn't like it, they can buy a HOLIDAY game. On the other hand, if there were other religiously focused games honoring other and diverse religions or religious holidays, I may well play them also, and would accept it to have symbols and context to the given beliefs of same.

My motto is... I'm not a politician and therefore, I do not have to be politically correct. I respect other people's beliefs and also believe Christians are entitled to THEIR holiday and observance of same in every way of the past without prejudice.

Merry Christmas!

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Dec 15, 11 5:14 PM
Hi everyone,

Please feel free to discuss the contents of this game, but let's just make sure that this conversation doesn't focus solely on religion. According to our Forum Rules:

*Avoid religious or political topics. The forums are a friendly place for everyone, and these topics often lead to angry posts and hurt feelings. Posts on these topics will be locked or removed.

Please don't hesitate to contact a Moderator if you have any questions. Thanks!

-bfgHondo

Edited on 12/15/2011 at 5:16:39 PM PST

Go to: