bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Fear For Sale: Mystery of McInroy Manor forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Dec 24, 10 12:05 AM
Welcome to Fear For Sale: Mystery of McInroy Manor forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Fear For Sale: Mystery of McInroy Manor players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Belladonna32
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,941 Posts

Re:Welcome to Fear For Sale: Mystery of McInroy Manor forum

[Post New]by Belladonna32 on Dec 24, 10 1:25 AM
I've been waiting for this and have just downloaded the demo. Will be trying it as soon as I have finished my morning chores. Can't believe I'm first here but look forward to hearing reviews/comments from other players - perhaps everyone else is busy with Christmas too?
Have fun everyone - I'll be back later.

Edited for typing errors

Edited on 12/24/2010 at 1:26:41 AM PST

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Dec 24, 10 1:45 AM
Belladonna32 wrote:I've been waiting for this and have just downloaded the demo. Will be trying it as soon as I have finished my morning chores. Can't believe I'm first here but look forward to hearing reviews/comments from other players - perhaps everyone else is busy with Christmas too?
Have fun everyone - I'll be back later.

Edited for typing errors

Belladonna32, Everyone else didn't have as much willpower as you and bought the CE. You should be proud of yourself for showing that much restraint!
.............Merry Christmas
Dr.good

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Dec 24, 10 1:48 AM
I 2nd. that Dr. Good. It is a great game and I hope that you enjoy it Belladonna32.
Happy Christmas to all.

DixieKat
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by DixieKat on Dec 24, 10 1:49 AM
just another game that wont fill the screen on my moniter. very disapointed so a not a buy for me

Belladonna32
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,941 Posts

[Post New]by Belladonna32 on Dec 24, 10 1:49 AM
Thanks Dr Good - and to you.
I'd just realised that it was already out as a CE and was feeling rather silly. Still if everyone else has gone ahead & bought it must be good.

dcairns
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by dcairns on Dec 24, 10 2:04 AM
I guess that means another day with no new game for me. Darn. I bought the CE and enjoyed it.

Oh well, I suppose I could focus on getting ready for tomorrow's guests!

Merry Christmas to all!

glb613
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by glb613 on Dec 24, 10 2:13 AM
DixieKat wrote:just another game that wont fill the screen on my moniter. very disapointed so a not a buy for me

I can't believe you won't buy a game just because it doesn't fill the screen.

Edited on 12/24/2010 at 2:13:45 AM PST

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Dec 24, 10 2:49 AM
In this case, I can see the point in not buying it because it doesn't fill the screen, or at least not buying it in the CE version. I have a wider monitor, but not a true "widescreen" monitor, and it is very annoying to see the actual play area restricted to the center of the screen. The gameplay looks good, however, so I decided to wait for the standard game to come out to purchase.

I just purchased it, because it is a good game and seems like an interesting story, but I couldn't justify paying double for a CE. I usually do buy the CE versions now that they are only $13.99, but not in this case with the small play area.

(edited to clarify how the screen looks - I thought there were shadowy graphics in the black bands to the sides of the screen, but it turned out to be fingerprints....maybe it's time to clean the monitor.....)

Edited on 12/24/2010 at 3:59:51 AM PST

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Dec 24, 10 4:42 AM
Weird, this one slipped right past my radar when it was released as a CE. Could it be possible I'm getting burned out on games? NAW!!

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Dec 24, 10 5:29 AM
Guess it's off to read reviews in the CE thread.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Dec 24, 10 5:41 AM
sinshack wrote:In this case, I can see the point in not buying it because it doesn't fill the screen, or at least not buying it in the CE version. I have a wider monitor, but not a true "widescreen" monitor, and it is very annoying to see the actual play area restricted to the center of the screen. The gameplay looks good, however, so I decided to wait for the standard game to come out to purchase.

I just purchased it, because it is a good game and seems like an interesting story, but I couldn't justify paying double for a CE. I usually do buy the CE versions now that they are only $13.99, but not in this case with the small play area.

(edited to clarify how the screen looks - I thought there were shadowy graphics in the black bands to the sides of the screen, but it turned out to be fingerprints....maybe it's time to clean the monitor.....)[/quote]

I just loved that! Thank you sinshack. maybe others will stop complaining about this "problem" and just enjoy the game?

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Dec 24, 10 5:44 AM
snapnhiss wrote:Weird, this one slipped right past my radar when it was released as a CE. Could it be possible I'm getting burned out on games? NAW!!

No. You have probably found better things to do, than check everyday. Seriously though, it is a good game.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Dec 24, 10 6:11 AM
I been in the game for hours, This is a excellent game to play you want be sorry if you buy..I rate this game 5 stars , plus 5 thumbs up.. ..I do hope they have more games like this one the future..
Merry Christmas everyone..

[Post New]by dragonfairy5 on Dec 24, 10 7:12 AM
All I get when it is finished d/l is a blank screen when I click on it to play the game.

Might explain why I did not have the other version of it still in my computer at all.

MarpleLover
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by MarpleLover on Dec 24, 10 7:16 AM
Some games do not appear to play when you have a browser open. What does a blank screen look like? Is it all white or black?

dk5793
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,792 Posts

[Post New]by dk5793 on Dec 24, 10 7:25 AM
BFG, you're killing me! All week I've waited, and on Christmas Eve, when I'm expecting 12 people for dinner tomorrow, you bring out a great game! There won't be many comments today because people are just too busy. But I do have a few observations which I hope will be helpful.

When you enter a H0 scene, the list is complete, so you can 'scan' for all of the objects at the same time. I like that.

The artwork is what I call 'soft' and some call shaded or dark. That makes the H0's difficult to find sometimes. My eyes are old, but I like the challenge (I think).

The game tells you when you're done for now in a scene and need to come back later. I really like that.

The hints recharge fairly quickly.

You can skip the minigames after a short time.

Rapid clicking disables the cursor for a few seconds.

Have a holly, jolly Christmas, everyone!

PS There's a raven.

Edited on 12/24/2010 at 8:04:05 AM PST

MarpleLover
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by MarpleLover on Dec 24, 10 7:31 AM
I am free the entire day today. And tomorrow. LOL

I think it is a given in HOG games that objects are hard to find. If objects were plainly in view where is the fun in that? Although I am sure there are people who love an easy to see HOG.

Unexpected colors, unexpected object size should be considered fair game in a HOG.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Dec 24, 10 7:33 AM
Just wondering what happened to Awakening: Moonfell wood. Mudrock said it would be out this week. Maybe tomorrow? Merry Christmas everyone. Enjoy todays game.....its a good one.

MarpleLover
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by MarpleLover on Dec 24, 10 7:36 AM
Just keep an eye on Mudrock thread. He will keep you updated.

Go to: