bfgOkeechobee
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,211 Posts

Post any Fear For Sale: Mystery of McInroy Manor technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgOkeechobee on Dec 24, 10 11:47 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

2easy
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

Re:Post any Fear For Sale: Mystery of McInroy Manor technical issues here only

[Post New]by 2easy on Dec 24, 10 1:47 PM
Once again severe case of the FLOATING CURSOR and freezing game had to use task manager to end.One more game for the garbage bin!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 27, 10 7:42 AM
I don´t know WHAT happened. I played the 1-hour demo, and then exit the game. Just went I got out of the game, my screen went black and I got blue text coming up, informating me of something or other, can´t remember (was in shock) LOL. So anyway... the computer recovered by itself after restarting itself - thank goodness. And now, when I open the Game Manager, I still have the 60 minues demo play left. So that fatal whatever it was that happened right after I left the game had something to do with the game itself. Nothing else was going on on my computer.

So I definitely won´t try this game again but rather uninstall it, which is a shame, because I really liked it.

[Post New]by gameagent on Dec 27, 10 9:12 AM
We used the screwdriver to get the valve in the boiler room and it did not give it to us to pick up. now we are stuck becuase we do not have it in our inventory to fix the valve in the floor to turn the water on.
Anyone else have this?
is there a bug?
and the room that we used the screwdrive in to get the valve to the right of the boiler control is now un accessable

Please advise we like the game

and we did purchase it

mamachi
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by mamachi on Dec 27, 10 10:18 PM
My antivirus said it got a malware called Win32: ski...
What is this?

[Post New]by mrskolo on Dec 29, 10 6:27 PM
what is going on with all of the bigfish games lately. they work, but as soon as the demo time is up, and you buy the game, all sorts of bugs start to appear. i have had to uninstall and re-install this game twice so far. it keeps freezing. :/

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 3, 11 6:24 AM
I have decided not to even download the demo anymore unless I don´t see any major technical problems coming up. It´s not worth my getting all stressed out over games that don´t work properly.

patwenzl
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by patwenzl on Jan 3, 11 6:29 AM
I do not have a walkthrough for Fear for sale. It's just not there. Can you send me a web site to get it? I would really appreciate. I've contacted customer support but haven't heard from then. I rely on the walk throughs. I've already bought the game.

Carolest
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by Carolest on Jan 5, 11 12:01 AM
Some of the letters in the notebook disappear. Also, towards the end of the game, the ghosts are not complete...I get these triangles of parts of them. It's so strange.
I didn't want to reinstall the game because I was almost finished, but it was a little disappointing.

[Post New]by MoonStarRaven on Jan 5, 11 10:10 PM
I really like what I have been able to play on this game. I have installed, played, uninstalled, reinstalled and tried playing it 4 times already and every thing is fine until I get to the point where I finally get the lights in the mansion turned on.

The first hidden object area in the closet (off the first room where the cat was) The list asks for the handcuffs and they are NOT there to click on. and its not just me because when I hit the hint button they are not where it circles I verified this by looking at the stratagy guide and the hand cuffs are not where its pictured. I tried to continue the game anyway only to run into the same problem with the only other area available, one of the objects you need to click is not there!

I thought it was just a glitch with the one game file but I have tried 4 times I even re-downloaded the game and tried using the new download to install the game and have the same problem????

sheaflyin
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by sheaflyin on Jan 18, 11 2:59 PM
I have had a lot of problems with this game crashing my system but today I decided to try it again and that's when the real problems started. The hidden object sections have the wrong list of objects to find under them. I thought I just must be missing them so I hit the hint button and it just sat there. Ex: at the front door I have a knife, cat and ash to find. I uninstalled and then reinstalled and nothing changed. Please help. Thanks

demon13
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by demon13 on Jan 20, 11 7:26 PM
the game kept crashing my computer too. i agree w/ people about big fish having big problems.. think i can get my credit back???

Kayhlan
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Kayhlan on Jan 31, 11 3:57 AM
Hello fellow gamers, I'm posting because I have been unable to play Fear For Sale: Mystery of McInroy Manor at all due to a screen resolution problem.

I have downloaded many, many games from BFG over the years, and for the most part they all play just fine on my system (I have Windows Vista), but for some reason, no matter what I set my display to immediately prior to running the game, everything gets really huge and jumps off to the right and to the bottom so that I can't even access the "Options" button to try to play it in windowed mode.

Has anyone else had this problem? Or anyone have any ideas as to how I might be able to get around it? I'd really like to play the game, but at this point it's just impossible for me.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

wiza
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by wiza on Feb 5, 11 8:39 AM
Hi
this is a great game, however, problem with handcuffs. can't pick them up. Anyone have any solution to this problem as i'd love to finish the game, i love it

agedog1
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

screen going blank between scene's

[Post New]by agedog1 on Feb 24, 11 10:35 AM
Does anyone else have this event: When I change scene's my screen goes blank for anywhere from 30 to 60 seconds before the next screen come up. I am playing the demo but don't want to purchase if this is a recurring problem.

Thank you

tootie564
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by tootie564 on Feb 28, 11 6:39 PM
played the hiden object under the steps clicked on the key on the tricycle but it DID NOT go in my inventory so i CAN'T open the bird cage. bf please fix all the problems on this game. i really like if anly it worked right.

[Post New]by kbdowns on Mar 8, 11 3:58 AM
Hi I am having problems when it comes to the circuit board beside the front door. I can seem to access to solve it. It keeps coming up "FATAL ERROR" when I hit the hint button. As I can't move any of the squares to solve it. Then the game freezers and I have to press esc to get out of it. Can you help me please.

Edited on 03/08/2011 at 4:02:20 AM PST

CinW
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by CinW on Apr 12, 11 10:00 PM
I've been enjoying this game and didn't have any technical issues for the first few hours. However, now I seem to have stumbled on to a glitch with no way to proceed. I lit up the manor and started to explore....have the legless doll on the swing, repaired the bellows... I left the house, thinking there was something I needed elsewhere.

When I returned to the manor, the inside is dark. From outside, it looks like lamps and the lights are on...but when I walk in the door, the lights are out. I can't click to get to any rooms because it is dark, and there is nowhere else in the game for me to play. I've looked at the walkthrough, and this doesn't seem to be part of the game.

Help! Has anyone else had this problem? If so, were you able to resolve it?

pgillenw
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

Once again, a game that fails to play on Win 7 widescreen

[Post New]by pgillenw on Apr 30, 11 12:41 PM
[b]This game fails to load on Win 7 widescreen, resolution at 1600 x 900, OS 64-bit.

I played this game some time ago on a MAC but wanted to download, purchase for my new Win 7 OS, MAC not available to me any more, and it is frustrating to be denied yet another game that can not be available to me. This is sad because we all loose.

Fix it!!!

aperry423
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by aperry423 on May 10, 11 9:43 AM
I have played this game on XP and Windows 7. As usual, no problems at all on XP, but there always seems to be compatibility issues with Windows 7. I was almost to the end of the game on Win7 when all of my inventory disappeared with no way to regain it. The game was also causing fatal errors. I was so disappointed to have to restart the game on XP. I was so close to beating the game. I have purchased this game, too. Not the first time this has happened with a Big Fish game.

Go to: