bfgOkeechobee
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,211 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Fear For Sale: Mystery of McInroy Manor

[Post New]by bfgOkeechobee on Dec 24, 10 11:49 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Fear For Sale: Mystery of McInroy Manor? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

-bfgOkeechobee

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Fear For Sale: Mystery of McInroy Manor

[Post New]by barbee44 on Dec 24, 10 12:07 PM
I like it; I bought it. So far so good. I needed a small boost from the Walkthrough... but I think it will be a favorite. I just wish the hidden objects weren't in such dark areas.... I have to get right up to my screen with my nose on it to see in those dark places.... now if I get cross-eyed from this game.... I'm hoping once I get inside the house the scenes will brighten up a bit.

Edited on 12/24/2010 at 12:08:00 PM PST

NICNACNOO78
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by NICNACNOO78 on Dec 24, 10 12:23 PM
I like it too and, as it is DEPRESSION DAY tomorrow, i think i'll treat myself...ooh, the giftcards WILL be used after all BF!!! LOL

[Post New]by grandmagamer49 on Dec 24, 10 2:24 PM
There is something very familiar with this game. Could not find in my list of games that I have bought. Anyone else have that de ja vu?

MarpleLover
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by MarpleLover on Dec 24, 10 2:29 PM
LOL.

Maybe you already bought the CE version of this game?

Cairobat
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by Cairobat on Dec 24, 10 2:54 PM
grandmagamer49 wrote:There is something very familiar with this game. Could not find in my list of games that I have bought. Anyone else have that de ja vu?

The plot (so far) is similar to MCF Return to Ravenshearst. Could that be what's giving you deja vu? The whole "resurrect dead loved ones" theme is pretty wide-spread in casual gaming.

[Post New]by claralac on Dec 24, 10 3:17 PM
I couldnt play it, an error appears on the screen
I get a Windows 7 and I receiving a lot of these messages since I have my new laptop

alicemac41
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by alicemac41 on Dec 24, 10 3:29 PM
I've played this before as well. They must have released the CE some time ago and now this which I don't quite understand. What is the point? I was really excited as I've been waiting for a new hidden object game since the queen of spades game, and thought this was it, but no sadly.

cyndrap
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by cyndrap on Dec 24, 10 8:12 PM
This is a buy for me - nice graphics - okay story line - music was not wonderful but just muted the sound - nice interactions within the game - no glitches found just a nice game.

Have not needed to use the hint so not sure how long the recharge may be - fast clicking does impact the cursor but it is quick and back to the game

Which is what I am off to do - back to the game

Happy holidays everyone !.

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Dec 24, 10 8:33 PM
Utterly marvelous! The graphics could not be better, the hint system is wonderful, the plot is fascinating, the music is beautiful, there is plenty of playing time (with definite replay value), the characters are great, and the journal entries are truly interesting, in addition to providing needed information. The hint system is one of the better ones we've seen in a while. Not only do you get unlimited hints (although you may not need them often), but if you get stuck and can't figure out where to go next, the hint system will guide you. (It is very close to a built-in Strategy Guide.) When you do use a hint, it recharges quickly. The objects are cleverly concealed, but in the vast majority of cases, they can be found without a hint. I had tried the demo when the CE was released, but really could not afford to buy one more CE at the moment (and I needed to use some credits that would expire this month). There was no question in my mind about this being a purchase; and I certainly was not disappointed. I am now anxiously awaiting the sequel.

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Dec 24, 10 8:40 PM
claralac wrote:I couldnt play it, an error appears on the screen
I get a Windows 7 and I receiving a lot of these messages since I have my new laptop

Welcome to the pond! You might want to send an inquiry to Customer Support because they are extremely good at resolving technical issues. I have a desktop with Windows 7 Professional 64 bit; and usually have no problem with the newer games. When I have had a glitch, the folks at Customer Support have smoothed it out beautifully. Hope you have many years of happy gaming with Felix and the rest of us in the Pond.

rhonayotte
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by rhonayotte on Dec 24, 10 9:53 PM
Nope, not a buy for me. The graphics weren't all that great...and DARK! Geesh! Then there was the music...ugh! I had to turn that off, it was awful. And many of the objects were way too tiny. When I have to use the Hint time and time again, then it's not worth it. I tried to like it, played the whole demo...glad when the demo ended because the dark scenes and itty bitty objects were giving me eye strain and a head ache. Ahhhh well.

Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by 8984481 on Dec 24, 10 10:43 PM
Thank u all for your comments, I have begun to really rely on them. Anyway.....I would like to wish u all a very Merry Christmas !! Have fun. Bluemorpha

padres
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by padres on Dec 25, 10 2:19 PM
Just completed the game. It was tough waiting for it to finally arrive after the CE came out. Exellent game. HOGs were a bit murky at time but just the type game I really like. Definitely seemed as if we were helping to move things along towards a goal. My only real complaint is that it was a bit short for my taste. Anyone else find this? I wish it had gone on for hours and hours more.

Leemo
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by Leemo on Dec 25, 10 2:34 PM
Excellent game. Interesting story. Took me about 4 hours with no glitches. Had to use a magnifying glass for the last object in a lot of the **** scenes and then a hint sometimes in others but overall they didn't drive me nuts for a change . Awful repetative music but turn it super low and problem solved.

[Post New]by flame239 on Dec 25, 10 7:56 PM
I have played this game before.... It was called the mystery of mcinroy
manor
this one is called fear for sale... same thing same objects same sequence of event.s

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Dec 26, 10 1:41 AM
thistle809 wrote: Utterly marvelous! The graphics could not be better, the hint system is wonderful, the plot is fascinating, the music is beautiful, there is plenty of playing time (with definite replay value), the characters are great, and the journal entries are truly interesting, in addition to providing needed information. The hint system is one of the better ones we've seen in a while. Not only do you get unlimited hints (although you may not need them often), but if you get stuck and can't figure out where to go next, the hint system will guide you. (It is very close to a built-in Strategy Guide.) When you do use a hint, it recharges quickly. The objects are cleverly concealed, but in the vast majority of cases, they can be found without a hint. I had tried the demo when the CE was released, but really could not afford to buy one more CE at the moment (and I needed to use some credits that would expire this month). There was no question in my mind about this being a purchase; and I certainly was not disappointed. I am now anxiously awaiting the sequel.

Merry Christmas Fishes !!.

Thistle has said it all in the above post.
This is a marvelous game of good length, interesting game play and a great help system. A real Christmas treat

reddleman
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by reddleman on Dec 26, 10 5:04 PM
I enjoyed the game very much. Once I started, I couldn't stop until I finished the game.

bombaa27
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,421 Posts

[Post New]by bombaa27 on Dec 26, 10 5:56 PM
Wow! Love this game! Definitely reminded me of RTR! Only complaint is that maybe 5 items in various hidden object scenes were completely hidden by darkness and had to use hint to find them but WOW! Very nice, Thanx!

edited because abbr. was not acceptable for Hidden Object.

Edited on 12/26/2010 at 5:57:23 PM PST

euphoria
Herring
Herring
386 Posts

[Post New]by euphoria on Dec 27, 10 2:39 PM
Just finished and enjoyed it very much. It was plenty long (I played it in three sessions), had an interesting storyline and was not at all difficult, including the puzzles. They were skippable, but there was never a need.

Very much an IHOG, in which objects you find are used later and you have to revisit some areas once you find them. Everything was logical; you weren't using a stick to fix a motor, for instance.

What I appreciated the most was the hint system; not only did it help you find objects, but when you weren't sure where to go next, you could click 'hint' and it would show you the way, thus eliminating the need for a walkthrough. I didn't use the "interactive help" feature, but areas of interest would sparkle anyway so you didn't waste a lot of time wondering what to do in each scene.

Four out of five stars; the extra star removed because there were just a few too many grainy, dark HOG scenes; some of those objects were impossible to find w/out a hint!

Go to: